Walg

Visual art is my magnet. Currently inactive
GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I guess it kinda does at points but it also has plenty of meat on the bone if you get my drift..
The majority of Depraved Awakening is story based rather than having "meat on the bones". It gives you a taste at the start then there's a large portion where it doesn't, then drips those scenes then starts to pick up again.

Hailey's is definitely different to that formula as is uses tension build up rather than a depravity mix of story and renders but despite the two being completely different genres and using completely different methods, they both achieve the same result just in a different way.

(Oh and just in case you think this is hating on Depraved Awakening and fawning over Hailey's ways, I'd suggest you make sure you can see sigs in your options then have a look at my sigs)

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
I was hesitant about this game... and then I saw it compared to one of the best games (IMO) in the site even if it is to just note their differences.

My main question is: how much content is in this game, play-wise? A couple of hours or several?

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
I was hesitant about this game... and then I saw it compared to one of the best games (IMO) in the site even if it is to just note their differences.

My main question is: how much content is in this game, play-wise? A couple of hours or several?
A couple max. It's still in early development. Out of curiosity, what was the game this was compared to?

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
A couple max. It's still in early development. Out of curiosity, what was the game this was compared to?
Depraved Awakening was mentioned on one of the posts above. However I think that this game is more in the likes of games that have a main focus on a single character, with slow tension building and with emphasis on the story. I would compare this to some of my favorite games like Melody, Lexi, Alexandra and Our Fate.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
Depraved Awakening was mentioned on one of the posts above. However I think that this game is more in the likes of games that have a main focus on a single character, with slow tension building and with emphasis on the story. I would compare this to some of my favorite games like Melody, Lexi, Alexandra and Our Fate.
Great that you're a DA fan (Clearly no bias on my part :p) but I'm surprised it's compared to that because it's different (Just look at my posts above).

I thought you'd mention at least Alexandra or Life With Mary but great to see solid choices too. So the dev team behind Alexandra are involved with Hailey's and that's why I asked @troll822 :) @troll822, what was the game that you mentioned?

Last edited:
Reactions: troll822

troll822

Jun 22, 2017
DA even if it was mentioned as "this game is very different from DA", but more good names are thrown in, like Melody and LwMary. I certainly have high hopes for this game in the future.

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
Great that you're a DA fan (Clearly no bias on my part :p) but I'm surprised it's compared to that because it's different (Just look at my posts above).

I thought you'd mention at least Alexandra or Life With Mary but great to see solid choices too. So the dev team behind Alexandra are involved with Hailey's and that's why I asked @troll822 :) @troll822, what was the game that you mentioned?
Forgot about Mary. Although I have to say that that game feels a bit too vanilla for me at the moment. I do like it, but I think it will get A LOT better when some of the relationships with the other characters will develop a bit.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
DA even if it was mentioned as "this game is very different from DA", but more good names are thrown in, like Melody and LwMary. I certainly have high hopes for this game in the future.
Yep all solid choices and based on previous products, I think we're all going to be in for an enjoyable ride :)

Forgot about Mary. Although I have to say that that game feels a bit too vanilla for me at the moment. I do like it, but I think it will get A LOT better when some of the relationships with the other characters will develop a bit.
The development might probably go in different directions though considering the storyline. Hailey's isn't anywhere near as progressed as Life With Mary's yet but, unsurprisingly, there's many similarities between the writing.

repuindy

Jun 11, 2017
The development might probably go in different directions though considering the storyline. Hailey's isn't anywhere near as progressed as Life With Mary's yet but, unsurprisingly, there's many similarities between the writing.
They are both Ptolemy's collaborations, it's natural find some similarities, it's the same style.

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
They are both Ptolemy's collaborations, it's natural find some similarities, it's the same style.
I know :)

Reactions: repuindy

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
The majority of Depraved Awakening is story based rather than having "meat on the bones". It gives you a taste at the start then there's a large portion where it doesn't, then drips those scenes then starts to pick up again.

Hailey's is definitely different to that formula as is uses tension build up rather than a depravity mix of story and renders but despite the two being completely different genres and using completely different methods, they both achieve the same result just in a different way.

(Oh and just in case you think this is hating on Depraved Awakening and fawning over Hailey's ways, I'd suggest you make sure you can see sigs in your options then have a look at my sigs)
There are a lot more choices in Depraved Awakenings. Along with the abundance of sexual contents..

I am still giving this game a go but so far.. it's more like a less linear retrieving the past type game..

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018

I compare choices abundance.. Depraved Awakening is a faster paced game as well so there really is not much to compare...

One is completed.. One still has a lot left to tells and show.. Really no comparison..

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
If I had to liken this game to anything... It would life of Mary..

I simply just think it could use more choices... Like Depraved Awakenings gives.. Really wasn't comparing style..

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
In Mary.. the next update should spice things up.. But yea, it is pretty vanilla.. And not my type.. I usually don't like the MC being forced into a relationship.. unless it's like Lancaster where the MC gets experience the various females if they choose to..

Walg

GFX Designer
Donor
Oct 5, 2018
There are a lot more choices in Depraved Awakenings. Along with the abundance of sexual contents..

I am still giving this game a go but so far.. it's more like a less linear retrieving the past type game..
I compare choices abundance.. Depraved Awakening is a faster paced game as well so there really is not much to compare...

One is completed.. One still has a lot left to tells and show.. Really no comparison..
So let me get this straight - First you say that the dev forgets the main goal of jerking it and going back for more then you say you like vn's with choice and story similar to Babysitter/DA and now you're re-clarifying by saying you like choice abundance/faster paced games (Which I already referred to previously) and you compare the development between a game that was released a month ago against one that's been worked on for over a year and saying there's no comparison between them?

Ok.

That's your opinion and I understand. Next time, it's best to say "Haley's is a bit linear and slower paced than what I prefer" then you might stop the pitchforks. It's sort of like tea time. Some prefer a really strong good cup for tea time (And the number of sugars with or without milk), some like a sandwich (Sometimes, there might be a few sandwiches short of a picnic so don't ever get get caught short if there's enough people for a picnic) and others just love a cookie with their tea. But people will always say what they like during tea time and exactly how they like it.

tehcatsmiaw

Jul 2, 2017
There are choices in this game. Not choices that change the story dramatically (yet) aka story branches, but choices that change the outcome of some scenes or that make you skip some scenes entirely.

Floga

Jun 30, 2018
So let me get this straight - First you say that the dev forgets the main goal of jerking it and going back for more then you say you like vn's with choice and story similar to Babysitter/DA and now you're re-clarifying by saying you like choice abundance/faster paced games (Which I already referred to previously) and you compare the development between a game that was released a month ago against one that's been worked on for over a year and saying there's no comparison between them?
It's easier to ignore people like them lol. I think what he meant was even though DA is a choice based VN, it had sex right from the first update, whereas this one doesn't. But hey, let him speak for himself. Even if this doesn't have sex with Haley for like the next 5 updates I'd be coming back for more. Hell, this is only the second update right? There are games with lot more updates and zero sexual content. I don't know about y'all but I love a slow burn when it's done right.

Reactions: Valeck

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018

Ok.

That's your opinion and I understand. Next time, it's best to say "Haley's is a bit linear and slower paced than what I prefer" then you might stop the pitchforks. It's sort of like tea time. Some prefer a really strong good cup for tea time (And the number of sugars with or without milk), some like a sandwich (Sometimes, there might be a few sandwiches short of a picnic so don't ever get get caught short if there's enough people for a picnic) and others just love a cookie with their tea. But people will always say what they like during tea time and exactly how they like it.
Yes, choice based VN doesn't mean it's all fucking story dude. And no. I said Babysitter and DA, I like the abundance of choices, you obviously didn't comprehend me well.

You just didn't comprehend well or I didn't elaborate more... I like choices... I.E like Depraved Awakenings and Babysitter.. That's the only thing I compared.. The choice abundance... First real choice we get to make in Haley is with the sister's boss imo..

ThatGuyWithaAfro

Aug 28, 2018
It's easier to ignore people like them lol. I think what he meant was even though DA is a choice based VN, it had sex right from the first update, whereas this one doesn't. But hey, let him speak for himself. Even if this doesn't have sex with Haley for like the next 5 updates I'd be coming back for more. Hell, this is only the second update right? There are games with lot more updates and zero sexual content. I don't know about y'all but I love a slow burn when it's done right.
Sorta.. I like the abundance of choices... Sex is up there but I like to choose. And that game let's you choose from the start which I like..

4.20 star(s) 302 Votes