AceOfNiagara

May 1, 2020
Use unren to enable the console. Open the save in the game. Invoke the console with SHIFT-O and then type:

player_name = "NAME"

Exit the console and you will see the name has changed immediately. Make another save to lock it in.
Sweet, thanks. Wonder if that trick would work in other games like Luke`s Way.

ZTex

Engaged Member
Apr 3, 2019
No because in luke's way the name is hard written in.
You'd have to create a script that defines player name as a variable and replaces all instances of the word Luke with that variable then input the new name. This would need to be updated every time the game does.

Reactions: Walter Victor

Spfjolietjake

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 26, 2019
Lukes way had like atleast 3 different ways it appeared in the vn. So it would take a bit more is my understanding. But I'm at a loss to the know how, but that is the only one I tried to change myself and screwed so I'll never forget:cautious: :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: Walter Victor

ImperialD

Devoted Member
Oct 24, 2019
loved this update .. i question bringing the DAD into it at this point ... not much sense to me at least (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)

Walter Victor

Forum Fanatic
Dec 27, 2017
loved this update .. i question bringing the DAD into it at this point ... not much sense to me at least (y)(y)(y)(y)(y)
Eh! Just a little more drama for us to chew over.

It's not like it's out of the blue though. Dad had been concerned about the MCs relationship with Haley for a while now.

I agree though, this update is a lot of fun to play.

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
Eh! Just a little more drama for us to chew over.

It's not like it's out of the blue though. Dad had been concerned about the MCs relationship with Haley for a while now.

I agree though, this update is a lot of fun to play.
You know the more it start to churn in his head the more suspect the underwear he found will become :ROFLMAO:

Joshua Tree

Conversation Conqueror
Jul 10, 2017
I´m sure he has already done the 1*1 and know it, thats why he is doing it now with more force :ROFLMAO:

THis idiot calls you in the middle of the night .... he has just luck that MC isn´t as grumpy at me when someone wakes me up :ROFLMAO:
They should been doing the hot and heavy, and then Haley should have moaned "Oh Daddy" as picked up the phone... that would been something, lol.

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
Is it me or are saves on the Haley/Sandra path borked in this release? Re-ran with 0.96, went back as far as I could and re-saved and made sure to copy the saves into 0.97 and %AppData% and it still bombs out with:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

etc, etc

If it can't be resolved I guess that path will disappear and Sandra will be ignored - certainly aint re-starting that all over again this late in the game.

Saves attached - only difference is getting "Puppster" involved from Alexandra

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
odd, mine w/ sandra loaded just fine.
Likewise - just the paths including Sandra borked, as mentioned above. Have "Pupster" and non paths - (1) Haley solo, (2) all without Sandra and (3) agreed to move in with Adrianna paths all no problems.

Good to see some Adrianna content again to.

Last edited:

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Is it me or are saves on the Haley/Sandra path borked in this release? Re-ran with 0.96, went back as far as I could and re-saved and made sure to copy the saves into 0.97 and %AppData% and it still bombs out with:

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 452, in __call__
renpy.load(fn)
Exception: Couldn't find a place to stop rolling back. Perhaps the script changed in an incompatible way?

etc, etc

If it can't be resolved I guess that path will disappear and Sandra will be ignored - certainly aint re-starting that all over again this late in the game.

Saves attached - only difference is getting "Puppster" involved from Alexandra
was 96 modded/patched but 97 wasn't or vice versa?

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
was 96 modded/patched but 97 wasn't or vice versa?
0.96 was only modded by adding the incest patch
0.97 Pre-Patched also was only modded by adding the incest patch

Didn't know if the "Pre-Patched" included the incest patch or bug-fixes - no indication in the OP.

Will re-download 0.97 and see what happens.

Reactions: pilta

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
0.96 was only modded by adding the incest patch
0.97 Pre-Patched also was only modded by adding the incest patch

Didn't know if the "Pre-Patched" included the incest patch or bug-fixes - no indication in the OP.

Will re-download 0.97 and see what happens.
No difference with "0.97 Pre-Patched" or "0.97 Pre-Patched + separate incest patch" - Sandra saves still bork :cry:

Didn't bother with the "walkthrough mod" when I started 0.96 before either as there were no choices - same goes with 0.97. Will have to keep those saves and see if there's a fix in the future.

Rhaenys001

Apr 9, 2020
Just an suggestion,"it would be good if the dev release an game version update patch instead of downloading the complete game everytime "

P4cc3r5

Feb 4, 2019
Supposedly there's one more update for CH 3 then they'll begin with CH 4.
Are you thinking of "Dating My Daughter" - as that's what's happening there. As far as I'm aware Haley's Story has never had chapters - but isn't finished yet. Looks like it's happening soon though and a bit disappointed with the lack of characters other than Sandra & Adrianna recently - no Liza, Dianne (thought either or both would have been up for a threesome with Haley's persuassion)

4.20 star(s) 303 Votes