3D-Daz Fan Art Halfway House - Assets and Fan Art

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Bonus Emily. This one is 100% Daisy body with the same 70% / 30% mix of Daisy and Davinia head, respectively. I changed out to Daisy for the body before I saw the 'Corset' morph that is automatically added when you use Davinia as a base, I would suspect the body shapes are similar if the 'Corset' morph is zeroed. The breasts are also smaller on Daisy by default.

The reason I call her Bonus Emily is that she only appears in the Bonus mini VN and according to AZ are not canon to Halfway House.

Bonus_Emily_HH_09_F95.png

Bonus_Emily_HH_10_F95.png

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
More Bonus Emily.

Bonus_Emily_HH_11_F95.png

This next one has a different hair asset. I hate working with both Out of Touch and Goldtassel hair assets because the are so hard to pose, always seems to have bends and kinks that are hard to work around, and refuse to use dForce! Sonada was used on this last render.

Bonus_Emily_HH_12_F95.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
More Bonus Emily.

View attachment 2918966

This next one has a different hair asset. I hate working with both Out of Touch and Goldtassel hair assets because the are so hard to pose, always seems to have bends and kinks that are hard to work around, and refuse to use dForce! Sonada was used on this last render.

View attachment 2918967
I still have a Goldtassel hair asset from around 20 years ago! That guy has been doing it a while. I originally bought it from the Daz store back when it first got started selling assets for the Poser software. I used Poser 1 to 5. I think I bought one of the early Victoria models back then as well. Hard to believe it's been so long now.

One way I like to pose hair is to use the ActivePose Tool (ALT+SHIFT+P) so you can click and drag it around which can help a lot. You can click on body parts and press SPACE to lock them from moving as well with it. You just have to watch your camera angle while moving it as that determines which ways it will move.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I still have a Goldtassel hair asset from around 20 years ago! That guy has been doing it a while. I originally bought it from the Daz store back when it first got started selling assets for the Poser software. I used Poser 1 to 5. I think I bought one of the early Victoria models back then as well. Hard to believe it's been so long now.

One way I like to pose hair is to use the ActivePose Tool (ALT+SHIFT+P) so you can click and drag it around which can help a lot. You can click on body parts and press SPACE to lock them from moving as well with it. You just have to watch your camera angle while moving it as that determines which ways it will move.
I use that too, but some of the hair assets, especially if they are kinked in between bone endpoints never look right and from my limited experience (a whole lot less than you have), even in fairly minimal poses. Besides, it's 2023, dynamic hair should be the standard not the exception.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I use that too, but some of the hair assets, especially if they are kinked in between bone endpoints never look right and from my limited experience (a whole lot less than you have), even in fairly minimal poses. Besides, it's 2023, dynamic hair should be the standard not the exception.
DForce hair bugs me sometimes. My favourite hair is the type where once it is posed, when you turn their head, the hair bends naturally rather than all the hair moving and you having to repose it. When I find hair like that, I will add it to my favourite listing I have.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
More Bonus Emily.

View attachment 2918966

View attachment 2918967
Yeah OOT looks good static, but defiantly has a mind of its own, and a pain in the ass to work with...

Reactions: m4dsk1llz

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yeah OOT looks good static, but defiantly has a mind of its own, and a pain in the ass to work with...
Try working and posing Colony Hair from Goldtassel. OOT Marigold braids have those stupid bends at the shoulder that CANNOT be straightened.

Oh, and now you know why I almost always change the hair asset to some similar looking but much easier to work hair, like I did a while back with your precious Deb, ;).

Last edited:

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
But Deb's hair is short... It does bogg things down sometimes for some reason that I haven't fingered out yet... 'shrug' :)

Brenda's hair works ( sort of a little with DForce )

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Piper

View attachment 2906120
It took a while to track everything down. I'm still not sure about the stockings. They should be more of a mid-thigh.

Body at 30% I think this is the right model but honestly Digital Touch's characters look alike to me. It could be another one.

Hair

Outfit

Texture add-on

Body chain

Collar

Shoes

Stockings
Dimitri57, are the DT characters really that bad? I only have Cherry installed and if you try to use them at default settings the entire model is terrrible. I see why you have to turn them down to about 25% - 30%. They are basically unusable otherwise. I even checked to see if some hidden morphs were enabled and nothing.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Dimitri57, are the DT characters really that bad? I only have Cherry installed and if you try to use them at default settings the entire model is terrrible. I see why you have to turn them down to about 25% - 30%. They are basically unusable otherwise. I even checked to see if some hidden morphs were enabled and nothing.
Yeah, I noticed that Cherry model was horrible looking at 100%. I've seen that in other models in the past.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Done more experimenting with creating Emily. This is a test render I just done.

Character:
I used 100% of her body, 50% of her head.
I also used the skin from Amelia. The eyebrows are REALLY close with this, but the nipples are off.

I also used 50% head and it seemed to effect her eye shape (inner area) so they were much closer to what we see in game. Also the mouth a little.

Anyhow... it feels like progress. ;)

Emily test.png

This is the Amelia character which really struck me as being similar to her, but maybe not... really seemed to positively effect the eyes and mouth though.

SASE-Amelia-for-Genesis-8.jpg

Amelia even comes with her own LIE freckles you can apply, even though they are not the right ones. I wonder if an image like this and her freckles and necklace influenced the dev? I dunno... idle thoughts. :)

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Night Hacker, we may never know. I never tried to ask AZ directly. You know its a Discord thing.

I would speculate that since we are a long time past both the VN and this threads creation, he might be inclined to answer a few questions. But that would have to come from someone else, since as far as I can tell the only way to contact him is through his discord channel.

Been busy with other things lately, but I think I will come back to this thread next week.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Night Hacker, we may never know. I never tried to ask AZ directly. You know its a Discord thing.

I would speculate that since we are a long time past both the VN and this threads creation, he might be inclined to answer a few questions. But that would have to come from someone else, since as far as I can tell the only way to contact him is through his discord channel.

Been busy with other things lately, but I think I will come back to this thread next week.
Yeah, I just happened to see that Amelia character and I thought that she looked similar to Emily. Naturally I started to experiment. I don't even remember what I was originally looking for at the time! LOL