3D-Daz Fan Art Halfway House - Assets and Fan Art

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Night Hacker, Take a look at this image, ep4_PLbathroom25.webp
View attachment 2895872
This is one of the clearer images showing the face freckles. In the next image ignore everything but the freckles. I tried to find a comparable skin tone without any blemishes of its own. This is PhilW Ultimate Freckles Cheek-Nose Freckles3 Cheeks, with both Diffuse Color and Tranlucency Color images setting the freckle layer to 75% opacity. This is why I still believe it is Ultimate Freckles.
View attachment 2895881
Obviuosly I can play around with the percentages more, but this is totally in the ballpark.

PS - Interesting note, I did not know this forum can't display webp inline. Next time I will convert it to .png if I am going to post a VN image.
I played around with Ultimate Freckles on a standard Genesis 8 Female model and got it, after doing as you suggested and setting the opacity to 50%.

I was confused for a while as the default texture for G8F had the odd freckle, so I applied a clean texture and experimented and got it.

Nice work anyhow. (y)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Okay, I am going to throw something out here. I took a different approach to finding Emily. I went through almost all of her clothing. I think we might have to look for a Genesis 3 character. About 70% of her outfits is G3 with about half of those being G3 only! Most of the later stuff is G8, but the Easter and Biker bonus images are G3 outfits.

If my guess is correct ASZ probably started working on Emily before coding any of the VN. The VN development started around March/April 2019. It is reasonable to conclude that Emily might be a Genesis 3 character if he started working on her early 2019 or even late 2018.

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
Okay, I am going to throw something out here. I took a different approach to finding Emily. I went through almost all of her clothing. I think we might have to look for a Genesis 3 character. About 70% of her outfits is G3 with about half of those being G3 only! Most of the later stuff is G8, but the Easter and Biker bonus images are G3 outfits.

If my guess is correct ASZ probably started working on Emily before coding any of the VN. The VN development started around March/April 2019. It is reasonable to conclude that Emily might be a Genesis 3 character if he started working on her early 2019 or even late 2018.
Smart one.... Thats a great way to help work out if she is G3F or G8F!

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021

I don't doubt that. I used to resist G8F characters due to the problems with so many morphs.

When searching, I will often look on RenderState and start on the LAST page and work my way backwards as the later pages tend to be later dates, so, for something like this, you're more likely to find it faster.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I don't doubt that. I used to resist G8F characters due to the problems with so many morphs.

When searching, I will often look on RenderState and start on the LAST page and work my way backwards as the later pages tend to be later dates, so, for something like this, you're more likely to find it faster.
Great minds, think alike. I had already done that with Genesis 3 last night. Nothing matches, there are a few that have similar eyebrows, makes me think the brows are in a Merchant Resouce of some kind. I found 3DLoki, and Vyktohria both have characters with very similar, if not the same eyebrows. I also don't believe they are as thin as we think from early renders. There is an almost expressionless front shot in the bar in Episode 10 and they do appoear thicker than in the earlier episodes, so I am pretty sure the pose or expression may have thrown us off a bit. They are still faily flat from nose to temple, with a mild curve and no sharp kinks. It is too bad that AZ renders are fairly dark and he seems to always pose Emily in a shadow or the darkest part of the scene. I am surprised she has any tan at all.

I am going through the G8 characters on render-state.to now.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Great minds, think alike. I had already done that with Genesis 3 last night. Nothing matches, there are a few that have similar eyebrows, makes me think the brows are in a Merchant Resouce of some kind. I found 3DLoki, and Vyktohria both have characters with very similar, if not the same eyebrows. I also don't believe they are as thin as we think from early renders. There is an almost expressionless front shot in the bar in Episode 10 and they do appoear thicker than in the earlier episodes, so I am pretty sure the pose or expression may have thrown us off a bit. They are still faily flat from nose to temple, with a mild curve and no sharp kinks. It is too bad that AZ renders are fairly dark and he seems to always pose Emily in a shadow or the darkest part of the scene. I am surprised she has any tan at all.

I am going through the G8 characters on render-state.to now.
Funny, after your post I was also searching last night and seen a few candidates. But no real hits. Her eyebrows are more unique than I thought, though her head shape is fairly common... I also look at the shape of her eyes. You may be right, the eyebrows may have been added.

It could be interesting to take a base G3F and start playing with shapes and just doing it manually. Maybe see if there are eyebrows out there... from other characters or whatever? <shrug>

I was also comparing her eye shape to other character's eyes...
Clipboard.jpg

ep1_EMkitchenhelp3.jpg

Reactions: Pumpkin1984

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Funny, after your post I was also searching last night and seen a few candidates. But no real hits. Her eyebrows are more unique than I thought, though her head shape is fairly common... I also look at the shape of her eyes. You may be right, the eyebrows may have been added.

It could be interesting to take a base G3F and start playing with shapes and just doing it manually. Maybe see if there are eyebrows out there... from other characters or whatever? <shrug>

I was also comparing her eye shape to other character's eyes...
View attachment 2900616

View attachment 2900601
For some reason, when I see both her eye shape and nose, she has rather small nostrils, I see SASE, but nearly every one is too young to start with. I have about 200 pages of G8 still to go through, I have a few possibilites and I downloaded all the eyebrow merchant resources to see if it is there.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
For some reason, when I see both her eye shape and nose, she has rather small nostrils, I see SASE, but nearly every one is too young to start with. I have about 200 pages of G8 still to go through, I have a few possibilites and I downloaded all the eyebrow merchant resources to see if it is there.
SASE... oh boy, I am not a fan of his work. Just about all the G8 SASE characters come up as missing assets because the links point to the wrong folder for their textures (his mistake, not mine).

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
SASE... oh boy, I am not a fan of his work. Just about all the G8 SASE characters come up as missing assets because the links point to the wrong folder for their textures (his mistake, not mine).
Usually, there are two issues with SASE, first one I helped him with by suggesting a fix in the DAZ forum. A lot of the early G8 characters had a double backslash in the file name, I showed him how to take Notepad++ and replace a whole subdirectory of files to replace all references of the // with a single /. The other issue is that he mixed a few normal maps, some are jpg some are png, but all his characters call one but not the other. But the normal is identical for every character, so you can just dump the same two files (I think it is the normal map for irises), into every texture directory.

After my afternoon nap (naps are highly underrated) I am down to 100 pages of G8 left.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Usually, there are two issues with SASE, first one I helped him with by suggesting a fix in the DAZ forum. A lot of the early G8 characters had a double backslash in the file name, I showed him how to take Notepad++ and replace a whole subdirectory of files to replace all references of the // with a single /. The other issue is that he mixed a few normal maps, some are jpg some are png, but all his characters call one but not the other. But the normal is identical for every character, so you can just dump the same two files (I think it is the normal map for irises), into every texture directory.

After my afternoon nap (naps are highly underrated) I am down to 100 pages of G8 left.
Yeah, I edited that myself a few times and noticed the same thing. I also use NotePad++, my favourite editor.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Okay, I am going to stop looking tonight. Too tired and everyone is starting to look the same. At least I could eliminate JASA, Krashwerks, MarcosGab, Friday21, Freja, MBM and a few others. I can also eliminate any 8.1 characters since those did not exist in 2018.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Jess, the bartender introduced in Episode 9 uses RedzStudio . For some reason she gives me a Colm Jackson vibe but I can't find the character asset on his DAZ store or his Renderosity store.

Make sure you set hair clumping to the max level or she won't look like the renders.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Piper

Piper from Halfway House.jpg
It took a while to track everything down. I'm still not sure about the stockings. They should be more of a mid-thigh.

Body at 30% I think this is the right model but honestly Digital Touch's characters look alike to me. It could be another one.

Hair

Outfit

Texture add-on

Body chain

Collar

Shoes

Stockings

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Piper

View attachment 2906120
It took a while to track everything down. I'm still not sure about the stockings. They should be more of a mid-thigh.

Body at 30% I think this is the right model but honestly Digital Touch's characters look alike to me. It could be another one.

Hair

Outfit

Texture add-on

Body chain

Collar

Shoes

Stockings
Great work, I will add her to the original post.

Reactions: Dimitri57

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Piper

View attachment 2906120

Hair

Outfit

Texture add-on

Body chain

Collar

Shoes

Stockings
I added all this infor to the first two posts, I am glad we actually found something. I spent all weekend searching for Marianne (Nurse at hospital and at the bar in Episodes 9 , 10). After a while nearly every character looks the same.

Reactions: Dimitri57

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
I added all this infor to the first two posts, I am glad we actually found something. I spent all weekend searching for Marianne (Nurse at hospital and at the bar in Episodes 9 , 10). After a while nearly every character looks the same.
She has an interesting face, but I don't remember seeing it anywhere else.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Piper

View attachment 2906120

Hair

Outfit

Texture add-on

Body chain

Collar

Shoes

Stockings
Nice work. She's actually my favourite character in the game... very nice looking. Looks like you almost nailed it, but there's something wrong with her face a little in your render... eyes are too narrow... but otherwise... nice job on the assets. I'll probably mess with them myself. She was the first character I was interested in, so I have more screenshots of her than anyone else. heheh

The stockings you chose look close enough that I wouldn't worry about them, but when comparing the tears in them, it does l;ook like he may have used something else. I'll have to download these and look closer, but just looking at screenshots compared to your render I see a difference... not that it matters, it's a VERY close match.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Nice work. She's actually my favourite character in the game... very nice looking. Looks like you almost nailed it, but there's something wrong with her face a little in your render... eyes are too narrow... but otherwise... nice job on the assets. I'll probably mess with them myself. She was the first character I was interested in, so I have more screenshots of her than anyone else. heheh

The stockings you chose look close enough that I wouldn't worry about them, but when comparing the tears in them, it does l;ook like he may have used something else. I'll have to download these and look closer, but just looking at screenshots compared to your render I see a difference... not that it matters, it's a VERY close match.
I only scaled the body down I didn't do anything to her face. You might look at DT Grace. She might be the right character.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I only scaled the body down I didn't do anything to her face. You might look at DT Grace. She might be the right character.
Yeah, you're on the right track with the author, but that wasn't the right character as her nose has a bump, she doesn't have the same eye makeup or darker pink lipstick. I just went to Daz and was browsing his other work as you definitely seemed to have picked the right author.

Dimitri57

Oldest Dev on F95
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 12, 2017
Yeah, you're on the right track with the author, but that wasn't the right character as her nose has a bump, she doesn't have the same eye makeup or darker pink lipstick. I just went to Daz and was browsing his other work as you definitely seemed to have picked the right author.
I was more focused on the shape of the lips and eye brows.