• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Fan Art Halfway House - Assets and Fan Art

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Was messing around trying some NTR renders of Ashley and Officer Monroe as well as Emily and Officer Monroe
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
The reason I asked to see your Emily in a simple face front render, is that I don't think you are on the correct path. She may appear similar if posed, but I don't think she is actually near Emily per the VN. We have tried in the past but all references to Emily in this thread are wrong, even the ones I posted myself.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Karthik N
Still not sure it is Rhonwen either. I tried that model and I tried Koika. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Rhonwen
View attachment 781519
Koika
View attachment 781520
Emily
View attachment 781526
One of the first things I look at is the eyebrows. Which doesn't match any of the listed characters. Her lips are also different from what I have seen. I will also look for nose shape, eye shape, chin and head shape. The freckles can be added. They look like t he same freckles I think were used on the Being a DIK's Bianca model if I am not mistaken (though I think Bianca had way more than Emily).

One way I will check for just the skin texture matches with what I already have installed is that I will load up a standard G8F model and then start applying skin textures from various characters I already have installed. It's much faster than loading up an entire character.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
One of the first things I look at is the eyebrows. Which doesn't match any of the listed characters. Her lips are also different from what I have seen. I will also look for nose shape, eye shape, chin and head shape. The freckles can be added. They look like t he same freckles I think were used on the Being a DIK's Bianca model if I am not mistaken (though I think Bianca had way more than Emily).

One way I will check for just the skin texture matches with what I already have installed is that I will load up a standard G8F model and then start applying skin textures from various characters I already have installed. It's much faster than loading up an entire character.
I do the same, but nothing really comes close.

I think the dev spent time on modifying Emily as she is the only love interest in the VN (According to AZ). Most of the rest are straight up DAZ assets with little to no modding. Although I gave up looking for both Ashley's sister and the tattoo shop owner.

BTW, Emily's freckles are default setting of Ultimate Freckles.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I do the same, but nothing really comes close.

I think the dev spent time on modifying Emily as she is the only love interest in the VN (According to AZ). Most of the rest are straight up DAZ assets with little to no modding. Although I gave up looking for both Ashley's sister and the tattoo shop owner.

I thought her freckles looked familiar. Definitely seen 'em before. I am mainly about to scan assets for her eyebrows, they're the first I usually look for. I started to look earlier but I got side tracked (posted the result in the Daz Art thread, LOL). I was checking textures and one of the textures I checked looked really good with the G8F model I had loaded, so I started to mess with her. LMAO :)

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I just tested out the default G8F model with those freckles and while they come close, none of them match hers. I am convinced the base character probably comes with freckles as she really doesn't have too many.

I just went through all my Genesis 8 Females, looking at all their skins and none matched, specifically their eyebrows. I am wondering if maybe she isn't a Genesis 3 character? I may look through them as well.

I am mainly watching for eyebrows that match then freckles.

Here's a good shot of her freckles. I also check to see if a character or any freckles matches the ones on her body, like her shoulders...
ep3_EMdinner25.jpg

Edit: I was wrong about this. She definitely uses "Ultimate Freckles" as m4dsk1llz pointed out. Nice find on his part.

Last edited:

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
I just tested out the default G8F model with those freckles and while they come close, none of them match hers. I am convinced the base character probably comes with freckles as she really doesn't have too many.

I just went through all my Genesis 8 Females, looking at all their skins and none matched, specifically their eyebrows. I am wondering if maybe she isn't a Genesis 3 character? I may look through them as well.

Here's a good shot of her freckles. I also check to see if a character or any freckles matches the ones on her body, like her shoulders...
View attachment 2894371
I was chatting to m4dsk1llz said about how her nose bridge sticks out and if you take a good look at her eye shape it looks almost as it they are cat eyes.... Which has no nose bridge and her eye are more a mange/anime character shape... BUT does have the right jaw bone and cheek structure, which is the main part of her face....

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019

View attachment 2894371
I was chatting to m4dsk1llz said about how her nose bridge sticks out and if you take a good look at her eye shape it looks almost as it they are cat eyes.... Which has no nose bridge and her eye are more a mange/anime character shape... BUT does have the right jaw bone and cheek structure, which is the main part of her face....
If you look at and then remove the brows to replace them with the fibermesh brows that 3DArena provides for that asset, I think you will find a match. Also if you use 3DArena's gential add-on on with the Pubic Hair 1 Auburn add-on I think it should match Emily from Episode 10, specifically image E10_bedroom_em202.webp. I am currently working on that theory as a base for Emily, then taking a look at the issues Serenity@Blended Imagery brought up. BTW, , does have a few face freckles, so with the addition of Ultimate, I think you might find a match.

I just noticed the fibermesh brow match last night, I was tired after a long day, so I might be off base a bit.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I just added the asset used when Emily has her hair down, to the first post, it is:

Also the necklace she wears is Cayley Necklace from 3D Universe. I do not believe there is a single render of Emily, regardless of outfit, that she is not wearing that necklace. This information now appears in the second post.

I need to do the same for Bonus Ashley some time today.

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Here is a test render of Emily based on what we know so far.

Emily_Test_HH_01_F95.png

Here is where I f'ed-up. Forgot to remove the brow built into the texture before adding the fibermesh brow. I used the incorrect freckles (I used variant 3 instead of Variant 2) or they need to be toned down a bit it in L.I.E. editor. Also not sure the hair color is accurate, but it is hard to tell as my image is brighter and less saturated than any in the VN.

Asset is Davinia with Zev0's Older Teen Preset applied.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Here is a test render of Emily based on what we know so far.

View attachment 2895090

Here is where I f'ed-up. Forgot to remove the brow built into the texture before adding the fibermesh brow. I used the incorrect freckles (I used variant 3 instead of Variant 2) or they need to be toned down a bit it in L.I.E. editor. Also not sure the hair color is accurate, but it is hard to tell as my image is brighter and less saturated than any in the VN.

Asset is Davinia with Zev0's Older Teen Preset applied.
Nice work. Closer. I see the same freckles now, but also... something extra in there as well... in game some of those freckles are lighter and not so noticable. The eyebrows you chose look really close, but not quite. Her eyebrows have almost no shape to them. They're almost drawn in a straight line. They don't taper or bend... which makes them seem fairly unique to be honest. Note the slight bend in the ones you used, not look at hers... no bend... no tapering to a point, nothing... fairly plain, just a very slight curve. It's what I was looking for.

ep3_EMdinner25.jpg

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Nice work. Closer. I see the same freckles now, but also... something extra in there as well... in game some of those freckles are lighter and not so noticable. The eyebrows you chose look really close, but not quite. Her eyebrows have almost no shape to them. They're almost drawn in a straight line. They don't taper or bend... which makes them seem fairly unique to be honest. Note the slight bend in the ones you used, not look at hers... no bend... no tapering to a point, nothing... fairly plain, just a very slight curve. It's what I was looking for.

View attachment 2895344
Yeah I agree on the freckles, Did not pay that close attention to the eyebrows, but I messed those up anyway. Look at this test image, I took the freckle layer and dropped the opacity to 50%, they are a LIE layer after all. Ignore the hair choice, was experimenting with a dForce hair.

Emily_Test_HH_02a.png

Here is the same headshot without hair asset. I completely see what you mean about the eyebrow curve. I think the base model is correct and the skin texture is correct. I went through all the 3DArena Fibermesh brows I had installed and I don't think any of those is correct. But I do not have 3dArena's entire catalog loaded in this library.

Emily_Test_HH_04.png

This eyebrow is 3DA Twiglet, BTW.

Here is an in-game image fropm Ep.3
ep3_EMdinner18.png

I might need to lower the freckle opacity even more, I will try 25% next time.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Yeah I agree on the freckles, Did not pay that close attention to the eyebrows, but I messed those up anyway. Look at this test image, I took the freckle layer and dropped the opacity to 50%, they are a LIE layer after all. Ignore the hair choice, was experimenting with a dForce hair.

View attachment 2895363

Here is the same headshot without hair asset. I completely see what you mean about the eyebrow curve. I think the base model is correct and the skin texture is correct. I went through all the 3DArena Fibermesh brows I had installed and I don't think any of those is correct. But I do not have 3dArena's entire catalog loaded in this library.

View attachment 2895419

This eyebrow is 3DA Twiglet, BTW.

Here is an in-game image fropm Ep.3
View attachment 2895447

I might need to lower the freckle opacity even more, I will try 25% next time.
Something changed in your freckles from the previous post. They no longer line up, though it does look like the opacity is better. The model looks pretty close, though I noticed that the game's model is pretty close to the base Genesis 8 Female, only younger. Nose shape is close, chin etc... nice work anyhow. This reminds me of trying to get Zak correct for A Wife and Mother... he's a tough nut to crack in that game.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Something changed in your freckles from the previous post. They no longer line up, though it does look like the opacity is better. The model looks pretty close, though I noticed that the game's model is pretty close to the base Genesis 8 Female, only younger. Nose shape is close, chin etc... nice work anyhow. This reminds me of trying to get Zak correct for A Wife and Mother... he's a tough nut to crack in that game.
My fault on the freckles, I changed from Freckles 3 to Freckles 2 as a test, PhilW Ultimate freckles are actually not the same masks with just different opacities, he actually uses different masks. But I am pretty sure it is Ultimate Freckles.

We are all kind of flying blind when it comes to resource identification. AZ (the Dev), I was told didn't want a fan art thread for Halfway House, at least that is what the creator of the original thread told me. He also said he was asked to delete the fan art thread. I never spoke to AZ myself, so I had no qualms creating an 'unauthorized' fan art thread, which is what you see here. But I also don't do Discord so I would have no way of reaching out to ask for assistance from AZ, even if I wanted to. All that is to say, evey tattoo, piercing, piece of clothing has been done without assistance and since the fan art thread just doesn't get a lot of traction, most of that has been done by me. I am really surprised there aren't more fans here.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
My fault on the freckles, I changed from Freckles 3 to Freckles 2 as a test, PhilW Ultimate freckles are actually not the same masks with just different opacities, he actually uses different masks. But I am pretty sure it is Ultimate Freckles.

We are all kind of flying blind when it comes to resource identification. AZ (the Dev), I was told didn't want a fan art thread for Halfway House, at least that is what the creator of the original thread told me. He also said he was asked to delete the fan art thread. I never spoke to AZ myself, so I had no qualms creating an 'unauthorized' fan art thread, which is what you see here. But I also don't do Discord so I would have no way of reaching out to ask for assistance from AZ, even if I wanted to. All that is to say, evey tattoo, piercing, piece of clothing has been done without assistance and since the fan art thread just doesn't get a lot of traction, most of that has been done by me. I am really surprised there aren't more fans here.
Yeah, same here. I really loved the story in this. I don't do Discord either. Could never really get into it.

So you're still using "Ultimate Freckles"? I looked at that and didn't see that pattern in it. I'll check again.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Night Hacker, Take a look at this image, ep4_PLbathroom25.webp
View attachment ep4_PLbathroom25.webp
This is one of the clearer images showing the face freckles. In the next image ignore everything but the freckles. I tried to find a comparable skin tone without any blemishes of its own. This is PhilW Ultimate Freckles Cheek-Nose Freckles3 Cheeks, with both Diffuse Color and Tranlucency Color images setting the freckle layer to 75% opacity. This is why I still believe it is Ultimate Freckles.
Emily_Test_HH_05.png
Obviuosly I can play around with the percentages more, but this is totally in the ballpark.

PS - Interesting note, I did not know this forum can't display webp inline. Next time I will convert it to .png if I am going to post a VN image.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hmm.. I am beginning to doubt myself now, if I put a better skin texture on 3DA Davinia, it starts to look less and less like Emily. Not even sure we have the correct base, anymore.

I just did a comparison between image EP6_EMKUHospital7.webp and Davinia in the same orientation and the facial features don't line up properly. I think I was initially fooled by the front view since the chin and mouth match so well.

Last edited:

Serenity@Blended Imagery

Nov 17, 2022
Hmm.. I am beginning to doubt myself now, if I put a better skin texture on 3DA Davinia, it starts to look less and less like Emily. Not even sure we have the correct base, anymore.

I just did a comparison between image EP6_EMKUHospital7.webp and Davinia in the same orientation and the facial features don't line up properly. I think I was initially fooled by the front view since the chin and mouth match so well.
The face here https://f95zone.to/threads/halfway-house-assets-and-fan-art.59440/post-11622767 is so close... What you need to focus on is the face shape, eyes and the nose bridge... Once you get them right then worry about skin... Skin is always the biggest pain but also the last thing to worry about... Unless you find a model with the right skin off the bat, which then tends to be the base model they used... Which in all honesty I cant find any face closer then what's already being used to match hers.... Still if you look at the bridge is more square/sharp edge along the nose bridge and her eye where the tear ducts are have a shape point ending.. Here are the pics I use for ref from the game... Although when you look its as if she is squinting in all the images, as if she is short sighted lol....
ep1_EMkitchenhelp2.jpg ep3_EMdinner24.jpg ep4_EMSGcoffeeshop23.jpg ep5_empc4.jpg