3D-Daz Fan Art Halfway House - Assets and Fan Art

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Night Hacker and others, I dont know if you know this, but you can use RPAExtract to just pull all the images from the images.rpa and then there is no need for screenshots. Just dump the exe into the /games directory then drag the .rpa you want to extract over it.

It preserves the actual filename of the images, some devs use .webp, some .jpg, some .png. All can be viewed, edited or cropped in IrfanView. I always find it easier if I can direct someone to the actual game image by name rather than describing when it pops up while playing.

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Night Hacker and others, I dont know if you know this, but you can use RPAExtract to just pull all the images from the images.rpa and then there is no need for screenshots. Just dump the exe into the /games directory then drag the .rpa you want to extract over it.

It preserves the actual filename of the images, some devs use .webp, some .jpg, some .png. All can be viewed, edited or cropped in IrfanView. I always find it easier if I can direct someone to the actual game image by name rather than describing when it pops up while playing.
Yeah, I have done that. But I will take screenshots as I play.

I was just working on Piper as that last post got me thinking about her. I have checked quite a few of that author's characters and none of them match perfectly. The main differences I am seeing and what I cannot find among any of the characters I have checked thus far is the same eyebrows as Piper (look close at the thickness of them and the direction the eyebrow hair grows) and that makeup. The eye makeup has a hint of green just below the purple in the eyes and the lip makeup is a darker pink which most of his characters do not have, but also, the game's character's lips have less detail than the G8F's I have looked at. I looked at some G3F characters where the makeup came closer, but still no match.

I would love to figure out Piper, she's my favourite character as far as looks goes. A fairly unique look I thought.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Yeah, I have done that. But I will take screenshots as I play.

I was just working on Piper as that last post got me thinking about her. I have checked quite a few of that author's characters and none of them match perfectly. The main differences I am seeing and what I cannot find among any of the characters I have checked thus far is the same eyebrows as Piper (look close at the thickness of them and the direction the eyebrow hair grows) and that makeup. The eye makeup has a hint of green just below the purple in the eyes and the lip makeup is a darker pink which most of his characters do not have, but also, the game's character's lips have less detail than the G8F's I have looked at. I looked at some G3F characters where the makeup came closer, but still no match.

I would love to figure out Piper, she's my favourite character as far as looks goes. A fairly unique look I thought.
I think AZ is using eyebrow merchant resource, or he is swapping eyebrows between characters. Only explanation I can come up with as his characters just have brows that don't seem to exist anywhere else. It takes me a while to go through my installed DAZ library. While my Fan Art Library is rather spartan, I have a 'complete' library that has over 1400 G8F and almost 500 G3F characters loaded, so to test I basically take the Base Character and then load each and every texture to see if they match.

The other issue, is that almost all of AZ renders are too dark, at least by photgraphic standards, and even in darker environments he falls into the trap of making the overall scene darker, but that ends up basically flat looking with no real draw for the eye to focus on, like a lot of the renders we see here on F95. Human eyes and our brains just don't work like that, we want a focal point not a flat image.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I think AZ is using eyebrow merchant resource, or he is swapping eyebrows between characters. Only explanation I can come up with as his characters just have brows that don't seem to exist anywhere else. It takes me a while to go through my installed DAZ library. While my Fan Art Library is rather spartan, I have a 'complete' library that has over 1400 G8F and almost 500 G3F characters loaded, so to test I basically take the Base Character and then load each and every texture to see if they match.

The other issue, is that almost all of AZ renders are too dark, at least by photgraphic standards, and even in darker environments he falls into the trap of making the overall scene darker, but that ends up basically flat looking with no real draw for the eye to focus on, like a lot of the renders we see here on F95. Human eyes and our brains just don't work like that, we want a focal point not a flat image.
With Piper, her eye makeup and even lipstick is different that everything I have looked at so far. I figured you can mix and match body shapes and skins (you can even use skins and makeup from G3F on G8F characters) but the makeup itself is fairly unique. Similar to most of the characters I looked at, but with enough difference where I know that isn't where the makeup came from.

It does seem like perhaps he's using eyebrows as you said, that would explain a couple characters so far where that is the issue.

I found a good closeup of Emily's face...

ep6_plroom107.jpg

Or with eyes open, slightly less detail...
ep6_plroom101.jpg

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
With Piper, her eye makeup and even lipstick is different that everything I have looked at so far. I figured you can mix and match body shapes and skins (you can even use skins and makeup from G3F on G8F characters) but the makeup itself is fairly unique. Similar to most of the characters I looked at, but with enough difference where I know that isn't where the makeup came from.

It does seem like perhaps he's using eyebrows as you said, that would explain a couple characters so far where that is the issue.

I found a good closeup of Emily's face...

View attachment 2908811

Or with eyes open, slightly less detail...
View attachment 2908813
You picked a few good images there, later you will see what I mean about flat overly dark images. The bulk of the VN after the first few chapters are just too dark. I haven't had time to test all the eyebrow merchant resources I have installed, I am setting up a new table saw so that takes priority.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
I have spent the better part of yesterday looking at eyebrows. I am right now loading every separate eyebrow asset I have. To test I loaded a G8 base, applied 3D Arena Divinia skin texture with no brows, then I am going through my entire library of character (over 1400 G8 alone) and loading any brows that are separate from the actual skin textures. I am beginning to think that the brows are L.I.E. based and not Fibermesh for Emily. I currently got through all the assets that stick the brows in Anatomy and finished up loading through Emrys characters last night. Back at it this afternoon to see if I can find it in the rest.

Note about Piper; None of the DT characters have the same mole locations in their skin texture, so I don't know if they were added in SkinBuilder or are a differnt skin. At least this was my observation.

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
So far I have found eyebrows that are usable, if you don't 'pixel peep'. Goanna has several assets with brows that will work, also Foxy3D has Samantha and Yuqi that could be determined to be 'close enough for government work.' Jessaii Lanya is close. Kaylayss Michelle brows could work. Maybe RedzStudio Michaerla. Second Cirle Ayla, Jade, etc. brows are flat enough but aren't close enough together in the center. Vamp Mowad brows are at the correct height, but just a bit too tall. WkD3D Estrid is close.

I think the Fibermesh stuff, now that I looked through them all is the fathest from what was used, but only a few models have L.I.E. based brows.

Some of these choices might be nicer than what AZ originally picked.

I tried not to load any G8.1 brows, but any that I did load, did not match.

Update: After all that I went to Chevybabe25 Beautiful Brows I and II, Beautiful Straight Eyebrow 4 looks promising, it is in Vol.I. And you could probably construct something close using RedzStudio Super Natural Brows.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
So far I have found eyebrows that are usable, if you don't 'pixel peep'. Goanna has several assets with brows that will work, also Foxy3D has Samantha and Yuqi that could be determined to be 'close enough for government work.' Jessaii Lanya is close. Kaylayss Michelle brows could work. Maybe RedzStudio Michaerla. Second Cirle Ayla, Jade, etc. brows are flat enough but aren't close enough together in the center. Vamp Mowad brows are at the correct height, but just a bit too tall. WkD3D Estrid is close.

I think the Fibermesh stuff, now that I looked through them all is the fathest from what was used, but only a few models have L.I.E. based brows.

Some of these choices might be nicer than what AZ originally picked.

I tried not to load any G8.1 brows, but any that I did load, did not match.

Update: After all that I went to Chevybabe25 Beautiful Brows I and II, Beautiful Straight Eyebrow 4 looks promising, it is in Vol.I. And you could probably construct something close using RedzStudio Super Natural Brows.

Very nice. I just checked the Beautiful Brows 1 and 2 out and I liked the BB1 Straight 8 brows for Emily. They seem close enough.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Here is an Emily test render.

View attachment 2913128
Very nice. I was messing around with her earlier. That's much closer. I don't know if we'll ever get an exact match. I was experimenting with using 3DA Daisy for the body or even just the head shape as I found the 3DA Davinia eyes, nose and mouth to be a little to low... too close to the chin, while using the Davinia skin etc... she's certainly a tough one to nail down. Sort of like Zak from AWAM. I settled for "close enough" with him. heheh

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Very nice. I was messing around with her earlier. That's much closer. I don't know if we'll ever get an exact match. I was experimenting with using 3DA Daisy for the body or even just the head shape as I found the 3DA Davinia eyes, nose and mouth to be a little to low... too close to the chin, while using the Davinia skin etc... she's certainly a tough one to nail down. Sort of like Zak from AWAM. I settled for "close enough" with him. heheh
I am 100% in the close enough camp.

I still don't understand devs that make creations that might have sliders less than 5%, basically doing nothing more than making the character more complicated. I don't know if AZ did this, but just the issues with the brows tells me he is just fucking with the fan artists. Do you really need to mod a character so much that they are impossible to replicate.

Besides, I usually end up converting them all to G8.1 at some point. This introduces some very minor differences, mostly going unnoticed, but still there. So close enough is good enough for me. As long as a non-artist glances at the image and says, 'Hey that is Emily' I am totally fine with that.

My image above is just 3D Arena Davinia without additional morphs. I will wait to see how your 'close enough' ends up.

I am going to try to move on to the nurse, Marianne. It will likely wait until the weekend as I amn exhausted from looking at character images.

• Red Heart

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
Another Emily render

Emily_HH_05_F95.png

Night Hacker, from this low angle I can now see exactly what you mean about Emily's mouth being too low compared to the VN if you just use 3DA Davinia. I am just not sure how to proceed, so I am going to wait for your version. By the way, I used FXY Samantha Brows on this model, not Beautiful Brows which is a more obvious choice.

Picture Details:
  1. Set is DM's Innocent Desires with additional props and custom lighting and cameras
  2. Characters and Clothing without SubD (Base Resolution) have SubD added. Almost all other items are at Base Resolution, unless I forgot something.
  3. All charaacter and clothing items set to a render SubD of 4 or higher.
  4. Rendered in 8K, which takes just over 1 hour on a RTX4090.
  5. Post, if any, done in Lightroom Classic. Image is scaled to fit F95 upload limits in LRC also.
  6. All cameras have DOF enabled, nobody wants to see an image where everything is in sharp focus.
  7. Emily had bend morphs applied after the pose so she doesn't look like limbs are simply cut off when pressed against eash other.

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I am 100% in the close enough camp.

I still don't understand devs that make creations that might have sliders less than 5%, basically doing nothing more than making the character more complicated. I don't know if AZ did this, but just the issues with the brows tells me he is just fucking with the fan artists. Do you really need to mod a character so much that they are impossible to replicate.

Besides, I usually end up converting them all to G8.1 at some point. This introduces some very minor differences, mostly going unnoticed, but still there. So close enough is good enough for me. As long as a non-artist glances at the image and says, 'Hey that is Emily' I am totally fine with that.

My image above is just 3D Arena Davinia without additional morphs. I will wait to see how your 'close enough' ends up.

I am going to try to move on to the nurse, Marianne. It will likely wait until the weekend as I amn exhausted from looking at character images.
Yeah, I definitely have my limits. I done a ton of experimenting with Emily... though from the sounds of it, not as much as YOU have! Heheh... I also thought about messing with the shape tab and just custom adjusting things. Take your "close enough" and then tweak it a little where needed then post your scene-subset of your work.

Havik79

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2019
She is cute but doesn't look like her, and her tits are too big.