AslanBalaur

Nov 16, 2020
A little help, if anyone can
1686707070823.png
I have been trying to get every Emily Corruption point possible, but the scene in the walk through where there is an Emily/Ashley choice (shown) that gives 2 Emily Corruption if you chose her does not happen. What is needed to trigger this scene? I am trying an Emily or Emily/Samantha path, as I really don't like Ashley's attitude. BIG turn off for me. Otherwise, EP 5 ends short on the points needed to make out with Emily on the train.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
Ok I've been wanting to write this for a while but never got around to it, It's about Ash and how the game is trying push her as some kinda asshole with a heart of gold type but that fails massively.
At multiple scenes MC says to Em that Ash is horrible but she keeps saying no she actually sweet, kind...etc then after a while the MC starts saying the same thing but we never saw aside from her thanking him once?

For Example: the scene where Em KOs the MC and then Em tells him what happened the next day, he says "wow she is a jerk who does not care about his well being" or something along those lines then Em says "no she is not like that, just wait until you hear what she did" then continues telling what happened... and we can clearly see Ash could careless and if not for Em begging her, she would have left MC on the floor and left.

Now to make this VERY CLEAR I'm not talking about Ash being mean and hiding behind jokes and insults...etc
I'm talking about apart from 2 or 3 scenes with Em, we never saw her as anything but a horrible person which makes her unlikeable to me.

IDK if anyone feels the same way I do or maybe I'm missing something that makes her likeable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I've mentioned before that her personality is horrible to me, totally unlikable.
Agreed. She has no empathy at all. I actually prefer Samantha, though Emily has her charms. I will probably go a route where I do better with Ash, but it will be the LAST route I do, just to see how that goes.

Reactions: shitass1001

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Something to remember when criticizing the imperfections in the characters... these are CRIMINALS. They're in a halfway house for a reason, after all.
Did you pay attention to their stories... AT ALL?! Wow. The MC went a little too far in a fight, but then again had he not, HE would have been the one who had the stuffing beat out of him (or worse). Emi was defending her friend who was suicidal... Ash on the other hand... maybe not so good.

I personally went to jail twice in my life for crimes I did not commit. One time some guy picked a fight with me in jail for no good reason and when I defended myself, HE got out the next day (with a dislocated shoulder) and I ended up in solitary confinement for defending myself, so not everyone who is punished is nessecarily some evil criminal out for no good. Until you have experienced such injustice, you can't understand that it happens... A LOT. I met a bank robber in jail and man, he was the nicest guy you ever want to meet! He just made a poor choice, was desperate, but he felt horrible for the fear he put the teller through. You would be amazed at how people REALLY are when you turn off your TV or computer and meet them in real life.

STNeish

Mar 20, 2020
Did you pay attention to their stories... AT ALL?! Wow. The MC went a little too far in a fight, but then again had he not, HE would have been the one who had the stuffing beat out of him (or worse). Emi was defending her friend who was suicidal... Ash on the other hand... maybe not so good.

I personally went to jail twice in my life for crimes I did not commit. One time some guy picked a fight with me in jail for no good reason and when I defended myself, HE got out the next day (with a dislocated shoulder) and I ended up in solitary confinement for defending myself, so not everyone who is punished is nessecarily some evil criminal out for no good. Until you have experienced such injustice, you can't understand that it happens... A LOT. I met a bank robber in jail and man, he was the nicest guy you ever want to meet! He just made a poor choice, was desperate, but he felt horrible for the fear he put the teller through. You would be amazed at how people REALLY are when you turn off your TV or computer and meet them in real life.
My point is, these are not goodie-two-shoes characters, they all have darker sides and aren't perfect. They're flawed, and it's kind of unreasonable to expect them to be nice and likable at all, at least before you get them to open up.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
My point is, these are not goodie-two-shoes characters, they all have darker sides and aren't perfect. They're flawed, and it's kind of unreasonable to expect them to be nice and likable at all, at least before you get them to open up.
Nah they are good kids who did some bad (at least Em and MC are).
Also I was VERY CLEAR when I said " I'm not talking about Ash being mean and hiding behind jokes and insults...etc " I was talking about how the game tries to paint Ash as an asshole with a heart of gold but we never see that in game.

Reactions: Iam8Bit

kjj308

Nov 2, 2022
Ok I've been wanting to write this for a while but never got around to it, It's about Ash and how the game is trying push her as some kinda asshole with a heart of gold type but that fails massively.
At multiple scenes MC says to Em that Ash is horrible but she keeps saying no she actually sweet, kind...etc then after a while the MC starts saying the same thing but we never saw aside from her thanking him once?

For Example: the scene where Em KOs the MC and then Em tells him what happened the next day, he says "wow she is a jerk who does not care about his well being" or something along those lines then Em says "no she is not like that, just wait until you hear what she did" then continues telling what happened... and we can clearly see Ash could careless and if not for Em begging her, she would have left MC on the floor and left.

Now to make this VERY CLEAR I'm not talking about Ash being mean and hiding behind jokes and insults...etc
I'm talking about apart from 2 or 3 scenes with Em, we never saw her as anything but a horrible person which makes her unlikeable to me.

IDK if anyone feels the same way I do or maybe I'm missing something that makes her likeable ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yah, I feel the same way. Normally I would be very drawn to the "misunderstood bad girl" with tats and all of that, but the writer seems to be too focused on making her as "edgy" as possible and keeps forgetting to put in the endearing parts...

yossa999

Dec 5, 2020
Nah they are good kids who did some bad (at least Em and MC are).
Also I was VERY CLEAR when I said " I'm not talking about Ash being mean and hiding behind jokes and insults...etc " I was talking about how the game tries to paint Ash as an asshole with a heart of gold but we never see that in game.
Yah, I feel the same way. Normally I would be very drawn to the "misunderstood bad girl" with tats and all of that, but the writer seems to be too focused on making her as "edgy" as possible and keeps forgetting to put in the endearing parts...
Maybe it's you guys who drew that picture of the "asshole with a heart of gold" in your head and not the game? Ash always struck me as selfish and prudent, using people to her advantage. She has her nice moments, but I doubt she cares a lot about others. Even her overprotectiveness of Emily doesn't seem like something she does just for Emily's sake. Emily is nothing but her own cute little pet, she is fun to play with and she's very helpful for chores and whatnot.
After all, she would soon be the heiress to her grandfather's business despite her little rebellion, and the old bastard chose her over the rest of the family, including her sister. He sees in her exactly those features that are needed to manage a criminal empire. I highly doubt it's because of her deep hidden heart of gold.

AmerHST

Jun 19, 2020
Maybe it's you guys who drew that picture of the "asshole with a heart of gold" in your head and not the game? Ash always struck me as selfish and prudent, using people to her advantage. She has her nice moments, but I doubt she cares a lot about others. Even her overprotectiveness of Emily doesn't seem like something she does just for Emily's sake. Emily is nothing but her own cute little pet, she is fun to play with and she's very helpful for chores and whatnot.
After all, she would soon be the heiress to her grandfather's business despite her little rebellion, and the old bastard chose her over the rest of the family, including her sister. He sees in her exactly those features that are needed to manage a criminal empire. I highly doubt it's because of her deep hidden heart of gold.
Nah what you said now, is what's in your head.

The game CLEARLY tries to show that she cares for Em or her sister with the way she reacts to them, no one said she was an angel, we know she is selfish and uses other for fun and games but the game is trying and failing in showing is she is more than that.

Last edited:
4.30 star(s) 176 Votes