4.70 star(s) 18 Votes

JustAl

Jan 28, 2022
The game crashes pretty often for me, no idea why yet. That's a strong enough demotivator against feeling good about the game.

Nub123XXD

Mar 15, 2018
Wow, the models and the slight film grain really nails the PS2 atmosphere a la silent hill. Amazing work on the art and animation(including THAT animation)

Though gameplay-wise, there are some improvement needed to make it more enjoyable.

The hot-cold system for the proximity key alarm is GODsent + added the "- above" text really makes it not confusing but im kinda disappointed that the mechanic does not apply to the enemy radar. same cannot be said about the map though.

The map (M) does not complement a multi-level map layout. it would be better to either add a "smart" map where it detects automatically whether youre at 1F or 2F, or make a toggle to see 1F or 2F then hiding/showing the arrows if they are at the different/same level or floors. a minimap would suffice too! a lot of horror games hide minimap for "le immersion" i could get into it for a more linear game experience a la dead space, last of us etc but for a procedurally generated game? unless its risk of rain 2 its not enjoyable

The furnitures in the rooms i think are too short/ not linked together much, not allowing to 'dead by daylight' it, really makes the chase just shift+W ing until no woman is seen(he just like me frfr). it would be kinda cool to have a visual indicator to the chase and will fade out after the chase ends to make it slightly easier to measure the safety of the situation.

The doors are a bit too finicky, kind of applies to the items too but mostly the doors because those are the important mechanic to get out of a chase. the mechanic from Spooky's House of JumpScares is great to implement for this type of game(allows the door to be interacted with without the camera directly looking at it) so it is more convenient to just press E when at the other end of the door instead of doing FPS pro level flicks every doorway.

i don't think the procedural room generation is the way to go for this type of game, it makes navigation frustrating rather than confusing because of how the game is structured(to outrun the enemy instead of not getting spotted). games like these usually rely on map memory and pathing to quickly complete the game for the currency, it might be better to use procedural ITEM generation instead so the room stays the same so the pathing of each run is the same but the items, defense or objective, are different requiring the player to use what is given at the current time (if the procedural stuff is just to show off. im not judging, its pretty good ngl minimal dead ends and "broken" rooms)

Overall a solid 7/10, kinda bumped it to an 8 or 9 for that sweet animation (combat, stun and sex animation) and the nurse outfit + bloody combo.
The hill residents are silently evil in this game(this could've worked if the game doesn't have VA but eh im playing it muted cause im a pussy :p)

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
The hill residents are silently evil in this game(this could've worked if the game doesn't have VA but eh im playing it muted cause im a pussy :p)
That actually explains good part of your criticism, lmao. Sound information is pretty important in the game, it's how you know if the ghost is getting close (without map indicator) and whether she's on the same floor (if the map indicator is looking like its close), also the sound indicator for the keys (and the Crest, which importantly is not indicated by the hot/cold iirc) is audible at Cold range, so you can have a much better idea of the direction at that stage already.
Also you're missing out on the sweet ghost voice lines ;p

• Wow
Reactions: Nub123XXD

LowkeyMokey

Jun 24, 2018
So think I've got the game mechanics mostly figured out, and some thoughts after unlocking most things.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Even if it feels like there's quite a few critiques there, all in all I really liked this one, definitely feels like it has thought put into it, the animation and style is spot on and the challenge feels reasonable and modular once some basic upgrades are unlocked (the decision to enable/disable upgrades was an awesome idea for added difficulty, wish more did that) and the VA is the right mixture of scary and sultry. Overall awesome job.

mirht97

Oct 11, 2021
Very nice game, however there are a couple of things that I would love to see:

Gameplay:
- Inventory space where you could hold more Bottles, Sonars.
- Inventory space to collect the (chocolate bars?) in your inventory and eat when you neet to recover HP.
- If possible, to add another gamemode where the map is not randomised (not required but it would be cool for speedruns).
- Better mini-map depiction.

[Gamemode] - Addition to lives. Let's say we have 5 lives. The girl catches you, she fucks you, let's you go, that's -1 life.
After the sex your HP fully regenerates and she will not chase you for a short time so you escape from her.
After you have sex with her on the 5'th time, she kills you as usual and Game Over.

Difficulty:
Addition to Difficulty in the game:
[Baby] - She doesn't chase you as much, stamina regeneration greatly increased, key and chest locations are easily findable. Her damage greatly reduced.
[Easy] - She is slightly slower, stamina regeneration is the same but you could run a little bit more. Her damage slightly reduced.
[Normal] - The game how it is right now by default.
[Hard] - She is slightly faster, Her damage slightly increased, Bigger detection range.
[Nightmare] - She is really fast, Her damage greatly increased, Can detect you from anywhere.

Sex:
- Ability to hide the "control UI (W, S, C)" during sex.
- More sex scenes like: Reverse Cowgirl, Tittyfuck ( Laying, Standing, Sitting, Fellatio Tittyfuck ), Laying Spread Missionarry,
Oral, Handjobs, Anal.
- Addition of a completely new item that allows the player, when collected, to stun the girl and have sex with her, which after
she will be incapacitated on the ground for a short period of time, allowing the player to escape.
- Addition to visible creampies / cum.
- If she is wearing an outfit during the sex scene; addition to new UI to strip her clothes fully or reveal her boobs / ass / pussy
while she is still wearing the outfit.

Girl:
= The girl has good proportions, very good fuckable body. However her hair is very bad quality, I would love to see her hair get
an update so it looks better and has a bit more physics to it. Other than that I would like a small quality update on her boobs,
pussy and ass so they look a little bit better.

Shop:
- Would like to see a couple of additions to the shop such as:
[Very Expensive] The ability to have sex with the girl any time you want in the Campaign Mode.

[Extremely Expensive] A "fun" gamemode change where, if you see the girl, you have to chase her and she will run from you. If you catch her, have sex with her. After you fuck her, 1 key is revealed and you can collect it. Once all 5 keys are collected you can't fuck her anymore and you get infinite stamina. There will be a grace period where after you fuck her she will be unable to move for a short time so you can escape which after, she will start chasing you to kill you, however she is just slightly faster than normal and she will know where you are on the entire map, so you can't hide. If she catches you; you die in 1 hit and it's game over.

[Extremely Expensive] Infinite Stamina.

Last edited:
Reactions: Deathstrker

bruhman969

Apr 21, 2020
I CANT FIND THE GODDAMN DOOR, the only thing that i dislike about this game is how thing blend together in environment. might have to do with the retro graphic though.
other that it's a great game.
Question for you now dev, what is your next retro adult game? Retro style Grand Theft Auto- Esquea Life Simulator? /j kinda

Last edited:

ViviX12

Engaged Member
Jan 5, 2019
I CANT FIND THE GODDAMN DOOR, the only thing that i dislike about this game is how thing blend together in environment. might have to do with the retro graphic though.
other that it's a great game.
Question for you now dev, what is your next retro adult game? Retro style Grand Theft Auto- Esquea Life Simulator? /j kinda
Unless it's covered up by being on/under a higher floor, you can see it on the map as 4 points making a square in a room. But if it is covered up, yeah, oof, but the scanners aldo do point them out as one of the ? signs.

Reactions: JustAl

bruhman969

Apr 21, 2020
Unless it's covered up by being on/under a higher floor, you can see it on the map as 4 points making a square in a room. But if it is covered up, yeah, oof, but the scanners aldo do point them out as one of the ? signs.
yeah i have to exit one time in order to fix it. but sometime the maze is a cluster fuck when generate. i only have 7 run so far. so idk how bad it is

ArmoredRacoon

Mar 19, 2018
[Extremely Expensive] A "fun" gamemode change where, if you see the girl, you have to chase her and she will run from you. If you catch her, have sex with her. After you fuck her, 1 key is revealed and you can collect it. Once all 5 keys are collected you can't fuck her anymore and you get infinite stamina. There will be a grace period where after you fuck her she will be unable to move for a short time so you can escape which after, she will start chasing you to kill you, however she is just slightly faster than normal and she will know where you are on the entire map, so you can't hide. If she catches you; you die in 1 hit and it's game over.
Besides the B.S one hit and you die part, I would love to see something like this. Overall really good list of additions that would take the game to the next level.

lnomsim

Sep 12, 2021
I liked the game.

May I suggest adding 3D sound for her steps?

Keys and her voice are in 3D, but her steps only come from one direction and change only depending on how close she is, making it difficult to know from where she is comiing.

Also,

Reactions: Tristan_2099

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021
Game deserves to be more, it's totally Steam worthy imo especially since people wanted an R-18 "Vampire Mansion" and got disappointed. Hopefully the dev won't abandon it that quickly, seeing all those people giving feedback, I really hope he considers it.

Btw, the in-game fps limiter needs to be fixed, it doesn't work above 30 and I have to manually set it either in NVCP or the config files. Game's quite demanding on GPU (which is weird for that kind of game) and I don't want my hardware to melt.

andrda123

Feb 3, 2020
Save file with everything unlocked. I played the game once and just used a website to cheat the money. It has Free Mode, which is the gallery and all costumes unlocked. There's 3 scenes

Put this in the C:\Users\%USER%\AppData\Local\HallsOfPaleWidow\Saved\SaveGames
Hello, can you please give me that file maybe in discord or cloud link? I can't download this attachment

KrasuePi

Restless Spirit
Game Developer
Jun 22, 2019
It's a secret "scare" that plays randomly 1% of the time. It's only ever heard on either your left or right side and plays irrespective of the Widow's position.
Btw, the in-game fps limiter needs to be fixed, it doesn't work above 30 and I have to manually set it either in NVCP or the config files. Game's quite demanding on GPU (which is weird for that kind of game) and I don't want my hardware to melt.
The FPS limiter works but it looks I made a mistake with the 60 fps setting. Also, due to the GPU usage being mentioned a few times, I decided to look into it and might have found what the issue behind it is, or at least have been able to reduce the usage by quite a bit. I'll put out the fixes in the next update and will also avoid what caused the GPU problems in my next project.

Reactions: lnomsim and ViviX12

Tontongundar

Sep 12, 2021
The FPS limiter works but it looks I made a mistake with the 60 fps setting. Also, due to the GPU usage being mentioned a few times, I decided to look into it and might have found what the issue behind it is, or at least have been able to reduce the usage by quite a bit. I'll put out the fixes in the next update and will also avoid what caused the GPU problems in my next project.
Ah yes, greatly appreciated. Having a 99%-100% GPU usage right away on the main menu isn't something that's supposed to happen.
I also hope you took note of what I said before the quoting. I seriously think this game could be a winner in the Steam community.

Reactions: lnomsim

Jnx

Jun 6, 2017
I actually really like this game, it's a little wonky, and having to replay the game so much after beating it is kinda tedious, but gotta love a good fear boner lol.

There is an invincibility glitch for those that want it If you get hit a few times so your health bar is empty but she doesn't kill you, if you eat food she can no longer harm you.

4.70 star(s) 18 Votes