Gr8T8ste

Sep 10, 2021
Can you give me an example that bothered you? 'Haven't played it yet, just curious.

Not a real game, I'm afraid. Just a picture simulating one (by ).
Thanks for telling me, made sense why I couldn't find one

shyll

Jul 20, 2017
Could someone tell me if the bullies are murdered in ending 4 and 5 too (like 3).
I don't want ruin my impression, so please.

Chronoseiur

Jun 25, 2020
Well technically... it's not real but basically this could be based on or depicted on a person's life in Japan if you actually get the chance to meet one but i likely doubt that's really the case because you rarely hear this sort of thing happening to anyone unless this was just your usual reincarnation to a another world scenario with many ways to die except this one hasn't gone through the whole thing but ended up different with MC not killing himself in the end thanks to a certain someone.
(and yes i'm talking about Minami)

Just saying that this sort of event could just be made up or unless it has happened before to someone but not limited to a bunch of countries including Japan then i wouldn't be surprised really, most of us are going through shitty lives after all and this serves as a reminder for how cruel the world could be when everything isn't so nice and everything is turned against you at every corner, don't forget this isn't entirely based on something that couldn't have happened to anyone but it could happen regardless anyway so who knows if it'll actually happen to anyone or not even if it does happen rarely
Just gone through the game. Though yes at the end of the day, it's a game but contrary to some saying the game plot is shallow (looking at you the dumb reviews), I would say the thing with (not exactly minami, though not living in Japan or China, the game is made by a Chinese dev, I still live in an Asian country (Vietnam) which is quite close to China and even Japan if u think about it) the main character is quite good, as I can heavily relate to him. Though that was at secondary school, not college. I was also bullied a lot with no one to back me up emotionally or physically which made me very antagonistic towards people in general later on in life (my dad and mom worked all the time and my grandmom to this day still believed that I was in the wrong bc I can't endure the bullying like the main did at the start, though I didn't do anything and I just went into a full rage and fight them when I can't take it any longer). I still believed that my family did try their best to help me, just sucks that my grandma's belief is still old fashioned and like Shawn, I tried my best to help out the family later on (taking jobs, enduring the shouting without talking back)
Talking about characters, minami is well written in her feelings leading up to the endings (as it is quite clear Shawn combines with the (abuse? I'll explain later on) is the only thing (not the abuse) she lives for so murdering, and suiciding seems quite reasonable as at the time (still feeling conflicted about my family) I considered suiciding often (as I fantasize a lot about dying being painless and how good would it be if I could just sleep forever). She also chains Shawn up so although she cares a lot for him, it make sense for her to not care about Shawn feeling in ending 1 when she decided to die on her own after intending to kill the teacher and the students),but not the abuse (when talking about abuse in Asia, I would think about straight up beating her up as a kid or just keep shouting at her for doing anything slightly out of their favor, berating her every time)

Reactions: onsen-chinatsu

IILannII

Oct 18, 2017
Just gone through the game. Though yes at the end of the day, it's a game but contrary to some saying the game plot is shallow (looking at you the dumb reviews), I would say the thing with (not exactly minami, though not living in Japan or China, the game is made by a Chinese dev, I still live in an Asian country (Vietnam) which is quite close to China and even Japan if u think about it) the main character is quite good, as I can heavily relate to him. Though that was at secondary school, not college. I was also bullied a lot with no one to back me up emotionally or physically which made me very antagonistic towards people in general later on in life (my dad and mom worked all the time and my grandmom to this day still believed that I was in the wrong bc I can't endure the bullying like the main did at the start, though I didn't do anything and I just went into a full rage and fight them when I can't take it any longer). I still believed that my family did try their best to help me, just sucks that my grandma's belief is still old fashioned and like Shawn, I tried my best to help out the family later on (taking jobs, enduring the shouting without talking back)
Talking about characters, minami is well written in her feelings leading up to the endings (as it is quite clear Shawn combines with the (abuse? I'll explain later on) is the only thing (not the abuse) she lives for so murdering, and suiciding seems quite reasonable as at the time (still feeling conflicted about my family) I considered suiciding often (as I fantasize a lot about dying being painless and how good would it be if I could just sleep forever). She also chains Shawn up so although she cares a lot for him, it make sense for her to not care about Shawn feeling in ending 1 when she decided to die on her own after intending to kill the teacher and the students),but not the abuse (when talking about abuse in Asia, I would think about straight up beating her up as a kid or just keep shouting at her for doing anything slightly out of their favor, berating her every time)
After reading your reply, i could understand what you were going through except i can't understand the pain you had to put up with but i can relate to how similar it is compared to my own back on 2014, though it would take a long time for me to find the words to describe it all in a short sentence so i'll just skip to the chase and get straight to the point, the game served as a reminder for me at one point when i finished it, you and the MC are somewhat relatable with almost the same experience but identical in a way that it's comparable from every perspective of it though i'm sorry to hear that you have been through a lot from back then, i don't have the words to describe everything else about Minami and the MC but i always thought that there should always be a happy end along the road or in a different life time at some point regardless no matter how you look at it, like fairytales, stories and such when comparing to our own happy ending, nothing lasts forever whether we can preserve it to make it last long/forever or end up going through the same thing like everyone else in their lives, whether something is considered right or wrong, there's always going to be something that's gonna be unjustified in the end, but hey that's just life and the world we all live in now, well i have no idea what i'm trying to say really, i just somehow empathize with your story comparing to the MC so it's really unfortunate to hear what you had gone through before, my condolences

Reactions: Chronoseiur

Prince Vevit

Jul 5, 2021
A really really good game actually. Good voicework, amazing art tied together with a compelling narrative and love story. The only stain on this game is the NTR ending. And no, not because of some arbitrary "ntr bad drrr" reasoning, I wont harsh on what gets people off, its because its completely out of left field and out of character, to both the in universe character, and the tone of the story. Good ntr stories often build a connection before being betrayed, to make the pain worse, but in this scenario, the reasoning is so batshit and stupid, and happens so suddenly and uncharacteristically, that it just doesn't work. It really seems like something tacked on last minute almost, both story wise and art wise. The real game (the first 3 endings) feel extremely complete, and the tone is phenomenally romantic and warm. Not only is the dialogue sweet and endearing, the dynamic (animated) scenes are very polished a treat to look forward to. If you ignore the ntr endings, the game is a solid 5/5.

Reactions: Madmac88

Chronoseiur

Jun 25, 2020
After reading your reply, i could understand what you were going through except i can't understand the pain you had to put up with but i can relate to how similar it is compared to my own back on 2014, though it would take a long time for me to find the words to describe it all in a short sentence so i'll just skip to the chase and get straight to the point, the game served as a reminder for me at one point when i finished it, you and the MC are somewhat relatable with almost the same experience but identical in a way that it's comparable from every perspective of it though i'm sorry to hear that you have been through a lot from back then, i don't have the words to describe everything else about Minami and the MC but i always thought that there should always be a happy end along the road or in a different life time at some point regardless no matter how you look at it, like fairytales, stories and such when comparing to our own happy ending, nothing lasts forever whether we can preserve it to make it last long/forever or end up going through the same thing like everyone else in their lives, whether something is considered right or wrong, there's always going to be something that's gonna be unjustified in the end, but hey that's just life and the world we all live in now, well i have no idea what i'm trying to say really, i just somehow empathize with your story comparing to the MC so it's really unfortunate to hear what you had gone through before, my condolences
ye thanks. And no worries, it's mostly in the past now. But tldr from that rant is I think the MC is written quite good compared to some of the reviews I've been seeing for the game. Lots of them criticize how he doesn't stand up for himself, but as one who has had an experience same as him (It's very hard to stand up for yourself, knowing that no one is there to support you and even then, ur family could be caught in the misfire, and just all the bad implications. But he needed a push, and that is from Minami, as u can see after ending 1. He now has support, he did stand up for himself). He is definitely the star of the VN from a story standpoint stems from just how rightly flawed he is
And for Minami herself, her feelings are written also quite well if we consider her backstory to be true, she has a traumatic childhood right at the start which establish how she only got along with the MC as he is considered her savior, she later on lived her scientist life with pretty much a smiling mask being absolutely neutral to everyone (a bit similar to my antagonistic nature, but this part could have been explained more as how she feels about other people after she moved out,etc). There is no mentioning of her backstory with the family and the process of how she viewed the family up until the murder is a major flop in her character creation and also her main problem, the murder and suicide is quite justified (she pretty much wanted to die at the start before meeting the MC as established in her confession in ending 1). She is pretty much the lesser one here in writing sense, though it's far from shock value as her reason for the "shock" value is quite justified (when u have no goals or feeling pointless, ye u want to die, then she found value in MC, and now she want to die but take the culprits for his suffering with her). Just not the situation around her family
I kinda like this game, it's intention to build around a tragic life can definitely pay off with better writing around the heroine, we don't get to see real life suffering implication that often with VN media. It also benefits in my opinion, from the consequences for the action (10 years in jail for murdering abusive parents for a 20ish years old adult is quite the accurate punishment, second degree murder), and killing 3 more will land her in death sentence, she could have chosen to get the MC around and spill the beans on the 3 that she murdered bullying him and the teacher taking bribe could land her in a mental plea situation and reduce to life imprisonment
Extra edit: In contrast with Minami's family, the MC's family writing is pretty much 95% perfect

Last edited:

Chronoseiur

Jun 25, 2020
A really really good game actually. Good voicework, amazing art tied together with a compelling narrative and love story. The only stain on this game is the NTR ending. And no, not because of some arbitrary "ntr bad drrr" reasoning, I wont harsh on what gets people off, its because its completely out of left field and out of character, to both the in universe character, and the tone of the story. Good ntr stories often build a connection before being betrayed, to make the pain worse, but in this scenario, the reasoning is so batshit and stupid, and happens so suddenly and uncharacteristically, that it just doesn't work. It really seems like something tacked on last minute almost, both story wise and art wise. The real game (the first 3 endings) feel extremely complete, and the tone is phenomenally romantic and warm. Not only is the dialogue sweet and endearing, the dynamic (animated) scenes are very polished a treat to look forward to. If you ignore the ntr endings, the game is a solid 5/5.
I did think the author did put "a teeny bit" of effort into the reasoning for the NTR. Using voice recordings to get people in trouble is extremely common in Asian media, but ye he pretty much gave up at some point and it felt flat either to appease the small NTR fanbase or just add more bad shock value for the whole game

Chronoseiur

Jun 25, 2020
it's harsh out there but time will definitely make you stronger, as with the MC family, my family was just clueless and as well as him, they are still my goal for pushing forward, but unlike me, there are others who still doesn't have a goal and are both suffering physically and mentally but are still pushing forward. Just thinking that you and I being fortunate enough to be writing dumb stuff on a random hentai site is already a goal enough to keep pushing forward. Compared to what I've been through, there are others who could have endured worse and came out successful in life, it's just natural for me to pull through. That's what I've thought when I was in middle school and still is. Stay strong out there

Aug 22, 2022
I'm probably part of the "dumb reviews" because I was one of those who heavily bashed the writing. I'm sorry for that; I probably came off as some arrogant prick who looked down or invalidated MC's and, as an extension, other people's experiences. I really didn't mean to come off like that. I'm from the East too so while I may not fully empathize with the writing, I can sympathize with it because the MC's bullying and family situation is real to me (i.e I know of some unlucky stiffs who faced/is facing the same hurdles in life). I'm just lucky that I haven't experienced such pangs in life (yet).

Now that I'm here in this thread once again and remembering the fun times I had with this game, I could still say that I'm far from being a fan of how the writers did the story. I'll try to keep my thoughts short, but for me, I really felt that the writers failed to pace their story well and to properly immerse the readers. My primary issue with them is that, right off the bat, they introduced all of the banes of MC's life in a single file. It's a nukige, so gameplaywise it does make sense so that you can do the deed uninterrupted. In terms of writing, it feels really jarring because you're just suddenly presented with a ton of problems and issues. It's like being served all of the courses in a 12 course meal all at once.

It would've been a lot better (story-wise, not gameplay-wise) if they developed the plot naturally instead of forcing the readers to swallow the harsh reality that MC's facing in a single sitting. If they really must present all of the MC's issues in one go, then it would've been better for them if they were subtler in their approach to the issue. In here, they were too explicit and heavy-handed with the writing. Another way they could've developed MC's issues better would be to reveal MC's background progressively; Minami's talks and the occasional start-of-turn dialogue would've both worked well as catalysts for this. I'm probably just a bit too harsh with the writing but that's because I actually feel that the writers actually put some effort and thought into it so I have an unwarranted obligation to respond in kind.

Now that that's out of my system, it seems like life has been a bit unkind and unfair to you. Nevertheless, I genuinely hope you'll find that...something in life. I got stuck thinking about it, but I don't know what "something" is. I just hope that it's what justifies the struggles we face in life. I hope you all the best.

Last edited:

Chronoseiur

Jun 25, 2020
I'm probably part of the "dumb reviews" because I was one of those who heavily bashed the writing. I'm sorry for that; I probably came off as some arrogant prick who looked down or invalidated MC's and, as an extension, other people's experiences. I really didn't mean to come off like that. I'm from the East too so while I may not fully empathize with the writing, I can sympathize with it because the MC's bullying and family situation is real to me (i.e I know of some unlucky stiffs who faced/is facing the same hurdles in life). I'm just lucky that I haven't experienced such pangs in life (yet).

Now that I'm here in this thread once again and remembering the fun times I had with this game, I could still say that I'm far from being a fan of how the writers did the story. I'll try to keep my thoughts short, but for me, I really felt that the writers failed to pace their story well and to properly immerse the readers. My primary issue with them is that, right off the bat, they introduced all of the banes of MC's life in a single file. It's a nukige, so gameplaywise it does make sense so that you can do the deed uninterrupted. In terms of writing, it feels really jarring because you're just suddenly presented with a ton of problems and issues. It's like being served all of the courses in a 12 course meal all at once.

It would've been a lot better (story-wise, not gameplay-wise) if they developed the plot naturally instead of forcing the readers to swallow the harsh reality that MC's facing in a single sitting. If they really must present all of the MC's issues in one go, then it would've been better for them if they were subtler in their approach to the issue. In here, they were too explicit and heavy-handed with the writing. Another way they could've developed MC's issues better would be to reveal MC's background progressively; Minami's talks and the occasional start-of-turn dialogue would've both worked well as catalysts for this. I'm probably just a bit too harsh with the writing but that's because I actually feel that the writers actually put some effort and thought into it so I have an unwarranted obligation to respond in kind.

Now that that's out of my system, it seems like life has been a bit unkind and unfair to you. Nevertheless, I genuinely hope you'll find that...something in life. I got stuck thinking about it, but I don't know what "something" is. I just hope that it's what justifies the struggles we face in life. I hope you all the best.
So first of all, sorry for coming off as mean. Well, I did mean it a bit as the dev actually has some insights into the heavy topics and traumatic life, and nuance plot is already rare within the anime-hentai medium and family trauma is even more rare. It just ticks all of the box for me to be biased into defending the game a bit much in my head. So ye, sorry for coming off as mean, I just feel a bit sad seeing a rare attempt of something good being dumbed down to be "shallow" irritates me a bit

So your point is ye that make sense. I won't argue with that, they definitely rush the first story leading to the "gameplay" a lot. But in their defence, I'd say first of all that it also adds a bit to the realism of the MC's feeling, he's already been rushed with those events for his whole life and u can feel it as u've said they "rush it down your throat" and then when the mom talked with the teacher, and his switch just flipped and he broke down. It's kinda like the final straw. So ye,tldr first point it adds a bit to the realism. Second point in their defence is that well this is stretching a bit but I think the dev also took into account that the viewers will want to play the "gameplay" a bit sooner than he wanted as it is marketed as an interactive VN so he is afraid of the people who will want a refund and bad reviews and those stuff if he doesn't "rush" the story and get the gameplay in. I guess there are better ways he could deal with that situation but well, he got a bit "lazy" thinking about how to deal with them properly and ran with it and I don't blame him. Must have been such a headache thinking of the snowball effect those that want a refund would have done

And your solution is well I'm being honest here, sounds very good at first glance. It solves the story "rush", plot-dumping stuff and also solves the problem with the people wanting a refund if they don't see the gameplay sooner. But u should remember, that this also conflicts with some stuff, like if he have some kind of deadline. What u propose would mean that he have to restart the game from scratch (plot and gameplay altering is enough reason to wipe the game and start again), it would definitely affect the drawers, the writer, the dev himself and will draw out the game's publishing date. Or the fact that he's committed too much time and effort with this state of the game to actually have the courage to wipe it all and start again. So tldr your solution is actually very valid, but sadly not for this game as I've stated the reasons before but it could be a good solution and advice for the dev if he's up for the next game.
I won't say that u are being harsh, I could guess that you are not very well-versed in reading a lot of words or all words on a page, a screen, etc. And that would be more than 50/60% of the people who pick this game up. So even if it is harsh, I would say that it's a very good insight on how the game could make their writing and story a bit more accessible to people who aren't used to reading visual novels, novels, IELTS test (an example of all words on a screen or paper that gives you headache), mangas and aren't used to rushed story. So ye, insight is always good, u as a consumer should voice your opinion (just well try not to bash the actual plot a bit as u've said already, there's effort in it and getting it shut down is very disheartening. A bit runback to the similarity of how my family always shutting every effort to everything I do (mostly bc it's oblivious) and the mom of the MC just going "You are the problem" (probably both oblivious and doesn't actually mean it)

Well thanks for reading this long answer, and well that's life for you, full of twist and turns but ye though I've been a bit unlucky. I can state a fact that my situation is still less unfortunate than someone out there who's tormented both physically and mentally. And if that someone can still be successful in life, the very least I can do is try. Well I also hope for that something too whatever it is, but until then, there's still enough reasons for me to keep trying, my family and the fact that people being less unfortunate than me can still find success. Hope u can stay strong against any future struggles

Dongola

Aug 2, 2018
34543546456.png

Reactions: noiceguy1

WalkInDaDust

Sep 24, 2021
Can anyone spoil me for every ending? I finished the first and I quite tight on schedule for next few hours... TIA

lastjournals

Dec 4, 2018
how do i unlock ending 4 & 5? do i need to complete ending 1,2,3 first? the part where the bully ask for her number are locked to those first 3 endings

4.00 star(s) 20 Votes