4.20 star(s) 37 Votes

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
Elaborate game overs are a kink in themselves, and an under-appreciated one to be sure. Either letting the game continue past a point of no return into a bad end, a bad end that extends out to a few more scenes, one that progresses from capture to bad end unless you act or one that has its' own little sandbox afterwards. There's a few games with them in mind but they feel far and few between.

Too many "bad ends" just end with no elaboration, no future, just finishes at that point and provides no closure, especially with the kinks that come after it, always ending too soon, or happening instantly - which is no fun, damn it.
I'm pretty sure that's what Cruel Serenade did. Chapter 1 is certain, chapter 2 depends on its slut route update.

Dec 30, 2022
Elaborate game overs are a kink in themselves, and an under-appreciated one to be sure. Either letting the game continue past a point of no return into a bad end, a bad end that extends out to a few more scenes, one that progresses from capture to bad end unless you act or one that has its' own little sandbox afterwards. There's a few games with them in mind but they feel far and few between.

Too many "bad ends" just end with no elaboration, no future, just finishes at that point and provides no closure, especially with the kinks that come after it, always ending too soon, or happening instantly - which is no fun, damn it.
tbh, i feel this way about a lot of the older game overs. the bee one, the jessie van one, and pretty much all of the scenes in the basement of the daycare are either cliffhangers or just completely lacking an ending. really hope they go back and polish up some of these scenes later on, but that'll probably take a few years at least ;-;

Dec 30, 2022
alright so i figure i may as well, just to see how many of these game overs truly arent up to snuff. ill be starting with Whispy, and working my way from the daycare to the current end of the game, that being the rodeo.

so first up we have Clover, and im just going to include Sam in this one two since theyre virtually the same. Clover is, for lack of a better term, entirely a waste of an enemy. her grab animations and the way she talks to the heros give her a lot of potential in terms of what her game over could be, as well as this bit of lore 1690701692234.png . shes set up to be something like a lot of the other enemies in this segment: adopting and babifying the heros. when it comes to her game over, its literally just a cutscene. thats it. she walks you down the street and then it auto resets. completely anticlimactic.

ill skip jessie because in all honesty its not too bad, if not a bit repetitive. i think sam's losing to her is way better tbh.

Oh, marshmallow... you had such potential to be a decent game over, but all we get from losing to her is this 1690702384090.png . if there was a followw-up scene or something to elaborate on this i feel it would be so much better. oh well.

im not going to talk about the daisy plush. if you know you know. evil.

everything in the crawl section is lacking, tldr. no actual game overs, its really just there to pad playtime (heh)

I dont know what it is about the trinity one 1690702933080.png , but it just feels so lackluster. like, trinity had this huge presence in HHH, where she would be a threat almost everywhere, even having influence over other teachers, and you look at HHP, and just... everything about her is a downgrade tbh. i liked the gray jumpsuit look for her, and something in her design just isnt doing it for me, i dont know.

1690703218122.png Theres a number or things wrong with this one, but ill keep it simple: this isnt a game over. its literally just a looping animation with different text. this is by far, the worst game over in the game, simply because of what it fails to accomplish: anything.

1690703519338.png You would think this would be one of the better game overs, with the inclusion of both heros, but unfortunately it isnt. its lazy, as its the same game over for both heros, in contrast to other similar game overs (the portal dude from the garden, ill get to him later). that combined with lacking any dialog, this game over, while nice to look at, unfortunately just doesnt hold up to some of the others.

1690704096467.png i find it hard to say good things about this guy, especially when it comes to the whispy one. compared sam's 1690704309610.png , this one is just kinda meh as hell.

1690705072956.png i should hope this one is somewhat self explanitory tbh. like, really really, i hope this one is at least speaking for itself.

thats all the ones (at least for whispy specifically) that i feel are lacking. what do you guys think?

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
Because people like the game, so they'll play whatever content there is because even if it's almost nothing, it's still content
That is literally what i said at the start and you said it was cringe argument and now i have you repeating the same point lol
i'll refresh your memory "i mean you're still going to play it despite the playtime"
see how you jumped to conclusion just to be a silly memer? :3
It's like when you go to a restaurant and order something that looks tasty but then you find out the portion is very small, you're not going to just leave it, you're going to eat it anyways knowing that it sucks there wasn't more food.
there is no "finding out" they already stated they know it's going to be small. Also there are plenty of games to choose from so the "there wasn't more food" doesn't make sense either, this site has games to spare. That whole analogy was flawed, you should have used a meme instead.

yappy69

Apr 27, 2021
I'm just lavishing in the fact that Kitty started this weird tirade almost a month ago now about how "we're ruining the thread with arguing and complaining" and now they literally only chime in to sling shit and try to start arguments.
No one fucking cares, you have SEVERAL posts, reactions, ETC. In this thread, with not even a day's wait between them.
I understand you're dissapointed or whatever. But holy shit you're malding, go do something. You don't see me in pure onyx, or fucking summertime saga, which both deliver updates in a fucking crawl. You're in absolutely no position to admonish another user for their activity in this thread.

Gupy1540

Aug 25, 2022
The american/western pixel art hentai game space is pretty much empty besides 2 main and 2 full gay ones. A future side scroller without the outdated software and larger pool of base kinks (i.e. futa, cumflation, physics, interspecies) would overshadow this one easy. Though starting up wouldn't be very profitable.

Oreosss

Jun 3, 2022
The american/western pixel art hentai game space is pretty much empty besides 2 main and 2 full gay ones. A future side scroller without the outdated software and larger pool of base kinks (i.e. futa, cumflation, physics, interspecies) would overshadow this one easy. Though starting up wouldn't be very profitable.
What are these 4 titles, if you do not mind myself asking?

Reactions: Shroom174

Gupy1540

Aug 25, 2022
There is a bee/fly/bug enemy in the labs, it's not clearly egg laying (looks like cumflation, but it's easy enough to reinterpret visually) but it is oviposition if that's your thing.

It actually blows my mind that Doggie hasn't done this yet. They're clearly aware of the potential given that several game over scenes in the last year involve both characters getting captured (or the scenes where Sam is watching/mocking Whispy while they get railed), but for some reason haven't explored any actual sequences where the characters interact beyond intentionally dumb banter. I honestly think the Fluttershy knockoff sequence would have been so much better if it were in this style: Sam being tied and knocked up during the capture could have easily led into a character swap to Whispy or vice versa, and you save them from being a helpless toy. Instead, we got pachinko. The sadness.
Might be too hard for whispy to program

• Haha
Reactions: mirripoDespo

Gupy1540

Aug 25, 2022
What are these 4 titles, if you do not mind myself asking?
- cloud meadow
- tales of androgynous
- max the elf
- and another one I forgot the name of.

Made that message at like 1am so I'm likely wrong about origin. Though they may not all be western/American they are still fairly comparable to this game.

Theovonpapen

Sep 2, 2020
- cloud meadow
- tales of androgynous
- max the elf

Made that message at like 1am so I'm likely wrong about origin. Though they may not all be western/American they are still fairly comparable to this game.
Could the 4th game either be DiBS: A fox in space, Kincaid, Predation, Scarlet Maiden, Dekamara, Drain Mansion...

I'm pretty sure half of these games are furries, and you can damn tell this ain't non-western art style.

KittyMaid

Jul 28, 2020
- cloud meadow
- tales of androgynous
- max the elf

but those aren't pixel art games like Happy Heart Panic, except for Cloud Meadow.

4.20 star(s) 37 Votes