Mod Ren'Py Hard to Love [S1 v0.0.42 & S2 v0.062] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

falco256

May 27, 2019
Can someone help me? It doesn't work for me when I add Multi-mod to the game; Send a demo video
Have you tried reading the version numbers? Something that's advised... I don't know... 99% of the time unless the mod is a universal one. Hint... the new version is a remake... as in he remade the entire game. Sancho hasn't quite worked out how to tell the future and precode in such trivial things yet.

Rali77

Jul 13, 2018
Have you tried reading the version numbers? Something that's advised... I don't know... 99% of the time unless the mod is a universal one. Hint... the new version is a remake... as in he remade the entire game. Sancho hasn't quite worked out how to tell the future and precode in such trivial things yet.
I mean the old version, parts one and two

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
Don't even bother, they still wouldn't understand if you design a Sign as huge as a Building signaling not to use old Mod versions on recently updated Games :whistle:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Thank you, I know that, but when I put in mod , the game crashes
What OS (operating system)? Literally thousands of folks are using the mod with zero issue so I need more info... other than "game crashes". Attached the traceback file.

Rali77

Jul 13, 2018
What OS (operating system)? Literally thousands of folks are using the mod with zero issue so I need more info... other than "game crashes". Attached the traceback file.
t doesn't work for me, maybe I'm stupid. Can you send me a manual or send me a folder for the game and the Windows system?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
t doesn't work for me, maybe I'm stupid. Can you send me a manual or send me a folder for the game and the Windows system?
A manual? There's no manual for a 2-step total process bud. You didn't even provide what I asked for above.

Sigh...

Do this for me...and ONLY these steps (2 of them):

The proper installation process is two steps, and only these two (for PC in English):
  1. Install a fresh/unadulterated version of the VN (no hackery, no shenanigans, just the plain VN). You can do this in a new folder if you wish to retain your existing installation for whatever reason.
  2. Install the mod as directed in the OP (place all of the contents of the mod's zip inside the "/game" folder of the VN).
That's it, don't do anything else but start the VN and report back.

Reactions: jake stallone

shiqz

Dec 25, 2020
TBD. I have not received a replay from the dev to date, and the rework "update" doesn't have (yet) what she mentioned.

For full reference: see the post I made in the VN's thread that's linked within the post I put in this thread here.
I don't wanna do any assumtions and i hope that's not the case ( if i'm correct with my assumtion ) but it reads like she copied your Codes for the WT and Stat Window or am i on a wrong track here ?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I don't wanna do any assumtions and i hope that's not the case ( if i'm correct with my assumtion ) but it reads like she copied your Codes for the WT and Stat Window or am i on a wrong track here ?
Yet to be seen. I doubt it's a direct "copy" per se (it'd have to be copies of someone else's work, I doubt she could figure out how I code mine being how it's so dynamic in structure) but it's the point of being knifed in the back (possibly) like the GS AVN recently. I'm hopefully just gun shy, but it smells really fishy. We'll see.

Just so folks don't get the wrong idea, I'm not opposed to devs advancing their coding knowledge and adding features over time as they have predetermined best for their project. Hell, I collaborate with a few dev teams (in private) to do so. But there's a real difference when a dev obviously takes a rather large timeout during their story development (VN story updates) to "create" the aforementioned feature sets in mass quantity all at once which is almost always a blatant ripoff of someone else's ideas and/or work.

I could go on into further detail but would rather wait for this to play out and see where I stand. We'll all know soon enough I reckon.

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
I mean, if they did steal your work, and are using it for a reward exclusive to their high-paying patrons... isn't that all the more reason to keep making the mod and thus destroy that incentive for people to sub to them?

kauthor

Jun 15, 2018
Yet to be seen. I doubt it's a direct "copy" per se (it'd have to be copies of someone else's work, I doubt she could figure out how I code mine being how it's so dynamic in structure) but it's the point of being knifed in the back (possibly) like the GS AVN recently. I'm hopefully just gun shy, but it smells really fishy. We'll see.

Just so folks don't get the wrong idea, I'm not opposed to devs advancing their coding knowledge and adding features over time as they have predetermined best for their project. Hell, I collaborate with a few dev teams (in private) to do so. But there's a real difference when a dev obviously takes a rather large timeout during their story development (VN story updates) to "create" the aforementioned feature sets in mass quantity all at once which is almost always a blatant ripoff of someone else's ideas and/or work.

I could go on into further detail but would rather wait for this to play out and see where I stand. We'll all know soon enough I reckon.
I agree with the last two sentences. And I'm not a fan of ai cg...

Reactions: Nathaniel Hammer

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I mean, if they did steal your work, and are using it for a reward exclusive to their high-paying patrons... isn't that all the more reason to keep making the mod and thus destroy that incentive for people to sub to them?
I'm more on the fence regarding being potentially stabbed in the back with this as it's historic collaboration. I've put hundreds of hours into this VN for zero benefit to me but for the VN product (and ultimately the dev's monetary gain). Collaboration is a partnership at it's very core. Cheat on your loved one and see what happens, it's not much different... it's a breach of trust and loyalty... and has highly questionable morals and ethics at a minimum.

That's more of where I'm looking at this from. Again, there's almost zero doubt there's a ton of ideas that were stolen (yet to be seen, so I'll reserve judgement at this time) but I highly doubt it's my actual code. That's a different issue altogether if that's the case.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
did the dev ever get back to you? Sancho1969
Nope... I'm certain if she does it'll be via a reply in the VN's thread. We've never corresponded via PM or otherwise outside this site tbh... ever. It might not come until the next "update" when we see the true fruits of this new "overhaul"... which is to include the WT and other "features".

• Wow
Reactions: Envoye
Mar 30, 2020
Nope... I'm certain if she does it'll be via a reply in the VN's thread. We've never corresponded via PM or otherwise outside this site tbh... ever. It might not come until the next "update" when we see the true fruits of this new "overhaul"... which is to include the WT and other "features".
That's so disappointing and disrespectful. These creators have to realize that you are basically giving them free advertising and asking for nothing in return

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes