Logan3000x

Oct 10, 2018
Quick question.....is the younger sister the MC's sister, or she his 'accidental' daughter? Just asking because that was the vibe I was getting from the old version of the game.

LOL32

Dec 13, 2016
I didn't understand why the remake at first, but it was going amazing, but now dev switch to another "remake" using the first version again...
This gonna get abandoned, right?

Reactions: The D0n

Rockero_69

Sep 26, 2021
What did they do to Antonella, Isabella and the others, they went from being some of the best girls in VN in terms of visually speaking, to being girls made by AI who would rate as 6/10, that means you like AI design , Ariete's story is good (well, the ending is not so good, but for the story to advance if it is like that, so it is passable) the question is why not just implement it to what already existed, because so far only that is new, the same story of Antonella, Amber and Elizabeth, oh and the beginning and the end is a minimal change, I just hope that the story goes on a better path and that it is not just a rehash of what it already was and what happened with the animations They were fine before, now they are static images that flicker, so to speak, I hope they fix that too and the AI thing only use it on the backgrounds/landscapes and small corrections, not for the character design (human body) because the AI is still prepared to give good results, without further ado I hope it improves and does not get worse, because remakes are to improve, not to worsen something that was already quite good (good visually speaking, not reading), without further ado, greetings Dev.

Mtgwo

Aug 28, 2017
Man... I was accumulating updates to play the game again, and now I got hit by a remake lol the tattooed girl was amazing, what a shame.

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020
Again dev , why no animations?
Screen earthquakes don't make animations.
This ruins the whole game.
It feels rushed.
Not ready for distribution.
Shame you killed a nice , horny game and turned it into half-finished shite.

ImariKurumi

Nov 21, 2022
AI filters hardly made a difference imo. People are just nitpicking cos they expected a new chapter but didn't get what they wanted so gotta make it look bad.
Lack of animations is also a moot point for me. Most VNs have bad animations. Even the so called better ones are actually really horrible. I don't blame devs, animation is not their forte. So might as well have no animations and divert focus on other aspects of the game at least for the sake of efficiency. Have to play your strengths, ya know. But you guys gotta chill, pretty sure the animations from the original will be back once the plot reaches that point of the story.

The changes in the narrative is welcomed and the only good thing about the remake, especially with the backstory and rearranging the chronological order of the story. Also some minor changes to old scenes.

But in all honesty, all these do not justify a remake lol. This i gotta agree with the naysayers. Can't argue with that. I mean its a colossal waste of time. The narrative changes could have been implemented into the original version, its not really a huge retcon anyways. Regardless, the remake is about as good as the original but the point remains why remake something that's already good.

• Sad
Reactions: Takkertje

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
AI filters hardly made a difference imo. People are just nitpicking cos they expected a new chapter but didn't get what they wanted so gotta make it look bad.
Lack of animations is also a moot point for me. Most VNs have bad animations. Even the so called better ones are actually really horrible. I don't blame devs, animation is not their forte. So might as well have no animations and divert focus on other aspects of the game at least for the sake of efficiency. Have to play your strengths, ya know. But you guys gotta chill, pretty sure the animations from the original will be back once the plot reaches that point of the story.

The changes in the narrative is welcomed and the only good thing about the remake, especially with the backstory and rearranging the chronological order of the story. Also some minor changes to old scenes.

But in all honesty, all these do not justify a remake lol. This i gotta agree with the naysayers. Can't argue with that. I mean its a colossal waste of time. The narrative changes could have been implemented into the original version, its not really a huge retcon anyways. Regardless, the remake is about as good as the original but the point remains why remake something that's already good.
You might need to go get your eyes checked bro. AI filtering is hot garbage. It's a horrendous, uncanny valley eyesore... There is no surer way to ruin a VN by infecting it with AI filters.

Here's just a few examples why:
https://f95zone.to/threads/hard-to-love-v0-1-remake-qori-gaming.107137/post-13847951

This VN has always had it's fair share of problems but the static renders were NOT one of them. By using AI filters for this VN, the dev deliberately fucked up the one thing keeping this VN on people's watch list. If you can still get off by looking at girls with 7 fingers on one hand, clothing fusing into skin or limbs melding into other limbs then good for you. For the rest of us, it's repulsive.

dolfe67

Forum Fanatic
Apr 25, 2020

No, AI filter did make a difference. It was already explained and shown why. But yes some people don't care about it, shitty tastes are ok :whistle:

I agree with animations though, I think they are bad in general. It's just robotic movements on a 2sec loop, not very arousing. But it seems like lots of people want them. There are some devs who makes very good ones though, but they are not many.

Reactions: Jericho85

Jericho85

Apr 25, 2022
No, AI filter did make a difference. It was already explained and shown why. But yes some people don't care about it, shitty tastes are ok :whistle:

I agree with animations though, I think they are bad in general. It's just robotic movements on a 2sec loop, not very arousing. But it seems like lots of people want them. There are some devs who makes very good ones though, but they are not many.
Agreed. I'd much rather no animations than shitty animations and the animations in this VN have been pretty awful in the past. (Loop and Reverse should just never ever be used... ever)... But custom animations are hard to do especially with the higher bars being set by other projects with realistic flesh physics. (ex: The two most recent scenes with Iris and Lauren in Life in Santa County, hnnnnng!)

So I totally support the decision to opt out of animating if the dev feels like they're not there yet. It's much better than the alternative. So many devs put animations in just for the sake of having the tag, and they're often awkward unnatural custom animations (ex: City of Broken Dreamers) or the boring stock DAZ animations that we've seen in 80% of these VNs. IMO, bad animations are the second biggest boner killer behind AI filters. I could forgive this dev team for dropping animations, but I can't forgive them for rebooting with the AI filters because that was a fucking stupid decision.

Last edited:

Takkertje

Mar 4, 2020

As good as the old game?
What are you talking about?
Did you actually play the old game?
It had beautiful animations that ran smooth.
The characters actually look 'bad' , as in evillish (the sister is a good example).
This 'remake' lacks this.
Plus , put a remake out for downloading when it's got the same amount of content as before or more.
THe 'new' version is a big step back for mankind.

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
ahh, I don't know, it's really bizarre. This is the first time I have witnessed the entire renderings of a game being remade with AI. This doesn't seem like a bad idea in games where the render quality is terrible or not unique. However, for a game like Hard to Love, which is a masterclass in terms of visuals and presentation, with unique renderings and art style, this was absolutely unnecessary. I can't say it messed everything up, it was amazing for some renderings but sometimes it felt very artificial. Naturally, there is a problem of inconsistency.

The developer disappeared for months, there was a deep silence. And out of nowhere he appeared with a remake version with AI. It was unfortunate that he made such an important and irreversible decision almost alone. If we look here, most people don't seem very happy with the new renders.

Still, it's nice to see that he's back and that such a solid game hasn't been abandoned. Also, I can't help but say that the UI is incredible. It already had one of the best UIs. Now it can definitely be called the best.

I'll definitely miss the old version of this game.

Tony_Soprano

Feb 1, 2022
Hi guys, can anyone brief me what should I actually download to begin with game? This remake 0.1 content is all in or I should go with the season 1 then 2 and then this new thing? Thx of any legit help :)

Steinchen

Mar 3, 2017
Hi guys, can anyone brief me what should I actually download to begin with game? This remake 0.1 content is all in or I should go with the season 1 then 2 and then this new thing? Thx of any legit help :)
the remake contains episode 1+2 new storycontent was added but all in all it is the same story in the end as i see it.
it is only flashbacks by now how it all came to the point where it is at the start of the game.
the storywriting has improved a lot but it is too soon to tell if it will be better when the next episodes will be out.

Last edited:
3.80 star(s) 120 Votes