Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Lain posted

Hey guys. Sorry for being less active during the past week or so than I usually am. I haven't felt well for some reason, and I've been busy spending all my time working on a new interface for my mods. I've finally made a UI that doesn't suck!

The first mod that uses it is my Harem Hotel mod, which I've just updated to v0.8.2.

The UI is now made of compact windows that can be dragged around anywhere on the screen. You can navigate around the hotel and do events while they're still showing, so they can always stay on the screen until you choose to close them.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg

The best way to see how it works is to just try it yourself:

(or download it from this thread)

HH v0.8.2 Mod Changelog:
  • Added a new (non-lewd) custom scene! Once at least 100 days have passed and Android has joined the hotel, visit the lobby for a short scene. Credit to Runey for the story and Meidyan for the art. (you need to activate the custom scenes in the cheat menu if you haven't yet to see them)
  • Implemented new mod interface for about 90% of the mod's walkthrough content (eventually everything will use the new mod interface)
  • Made many minor improvements to the story walkthroughs to make them more accurate and descriptive

Hones DDAnderson truckerguy257 Mikilande tincann

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Lain posted

Hey guys. Sorry for being less active during the past week or so than I usually am. I haven't felt well for some reason, and I've been busy spending all my time working on a new interface for my mods. I've finally made a UI that doesn't suck!

The first mod that uses it is my Harem Hotel mod, which I've just updated to v0.8.2.

The UI is now made of compact windows that can be dragged around anywhere on the screen. You can navigate around the hotel and do events while they're still showing, so they can always stay on the screen until you choose to close them.

View attachment 426257 View attachment 426258 View attachment 426259

The best way to see how it works is to just try it yourself:

(or download it from this thread)

HH v0.8.2 Mod Changelog:
  • Added a new (non-lewd) custom scene! Once at least 100 days have passed and Android has joined the hotel, visit the lobby for a short scene. Credit to Runey for the story and Meidyan for the art. (you need to activate the custom scenes in the cheat menu if you haven't yet to see them)
  • Implemented new mod interface for about 90% of the mod's walkthrough content (eventually everything will use the new mod interface)
  • Made many minor improvements to the story walkthroughs to make them more accurate and descriptive

Hones DDAnderson truckerguy257 Mikilande tincann
Hmm, can't say I like the new interface. It was better when it was full-screen. And the new one you can actually click on the imagemaps through it!

yukare

Jul 16, 2017
This new interface have one good thing: in some events which need multiple steps or correct anwer, you can let the event open and look it anytime.
Other thing i see now, it updates with the next event for the same girl when you complete the current, this is a big +1 in user friendly.
I found one issue, i do not know if it is just for me, in the lobby, the small box with the event do not show.

Last edited:
Reactions: Maid Lain

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
This new interface have one good thing: in some events which need multiple steps or correct anwer, you can let the event open and look it anytime.
Other thing i see now, it updates with the next event for the same girl when you complete the current, this is a big +1 in user friendly.
I found one issue, i do not know if it is just for me, in the lobby, the small box with the event do not show.
Yeah the lobby will auto-hide the windows due to how Runey coded the lobby, so I don't think I can change it. It only happens at the lobby though and not anywhere else.

Hmm, can't say I like the new interface. It was better when it was full-screen. And the new one you can actually click on the imagemaps through it!
You're the only person I've ever seen say that the old UI was good lol. The old UI was objectively user-unfriendly.
And yes that's intentional. You can click and navigate around the hotel without having to close or move the windows. You can't click through the window if you click on a button. You can only click through a window if you click a place on a window where there isn't anything to click, and since there's no reason to do that unless you wanted to click through it, it's fine.

edit: I will add an optional setting that can be toggled to make it modal so it can't be clicked through though. i just didn't want to delay the mod update any longer so i didn't have a chance to add a mod settings menu.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mikilande

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You can't click through the window if you click on a button. You can only click through a window if you click a place on a window where there isn't anything to click, and since there's no reason to do that unless you wanted to click through it, it's fine.
How about if you miss the tiny target zone that doesn't seem to extend beyond the text itself? I'd expect clicking anywhere in the buttons would work, but it doesn't.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
How about if you miss the tiny target zone that doesn't seem to extend beyond the text itself? I'd expect clicking anywhere in the buttons would work, but it doesn't.
I'm not having that issue, the walkthrough button on the home tab are clickable on the images so I guess you are refering to the other tabs (main girls, side girls, other) when the text is pink you can click it. I wouldn't say the "target zone" was tiny it seems ok to me....
In the character selection menu you just click on the name, For the guide selection you can click anywhere.
mod.png mod1.png
Do you want Lain to make the character selection buttons like those on the guide selection menu where you can click off text?

Reactions: Maid Lain

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm not having that issue, the walkthrough button on the home tab are clickable on the images so I guess you are refering to the other tabs (main girls, side girls, other) when the text is pink you can click it. I wouldn't say the "target zone" was tiny it seems ok to me....
In the character selection menu you just click on the name, For the guide selection you can click anywhere.
View attachment 427350 View attachment 427351
Do you want Lain to make the character selection buttons like those on the guide selection menu where you can click off text?
I'm not sure what those pictures are supposed to show, as I can't see a mouse cursor in them. What I mean is that I would expect clicking here to go to the 'Main Girls' tab:
Screenshot from 2019-10-13 18-32-52.png
Clicking here actually goes through the window and activates the stairs:
Screenshot from 2019-10-13 18-34-05.png
This in the middle works fine, the click target is the entire button how I'd expect:
Screenshot from 2019-10-13 18-35-22.png
I'm not going to want to click here, but it's still kind of weird that you can.
Screenshot from 2019-10-13 18-36-50.png
And if you do click on the stairs by mistake, clicking 'back' screws things up; the window vanishes, but clicking the 'Mod' button doesn't bring it back.
The little window in the corner is nice, but the big one takes up so much of the screen anyway, I can't see why it shouldn't be fullscreen and none of this would be an issue.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
I'm not sure what those pictures are supposed to show, as I can't see a mouse cursor in them. What I mean is that I would expect clicking here to go to the 'Main Girls' tab:
View attachment 427789
View attachment 427790
This in the middle works fine, the click target is the entire button how I'd expect:
View attachment 427792
View attachment 427794
And if you do click on the stairs by mistake, clicking 'back' screws things up; the window vanishes, but clicking the 'Mod' button doesn't bring it back.
The little window in the corner is nice, but the big one takes up so much of the screen anyway, I can't see why it shouldn't be fullscreen and none of this would be an issue.
Forgive me for asking this, but what version of the game are you using? I ask because in your images there's a message in the bottom right of the mod window saying that you're using v0.8.1 when it should be v0.8.2 to be able to use it with the current mod.

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I'm not sure what those pictures are supposed to show, as I can't see a mouse cursor in them.
Yeah you don't need to see the cursor in them I only included those two screen shots so you had an idea about the areas I was referencing.
I was responding to the quote by you that is in my post, you said "if you miss the tiny target zone" so I asked "Do you want Lain to make the character selection buttons like those on the guide selection menu where you can click off text?" Which I guess is a yes judging by "This in the middle works fine, the click target is the entire button how I'd expect".

Last edited:

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
What I mean is that I would expect clicking here to go to the 'Main Girls' tab:
That's not true. It's not possible to click through the top bar.

View attachment 427794
It's not weird imo because there have been plenty of times where i've had the mod windows open and wanted to navigate around the hotel and click things without closing or moving the windows.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Forgive me for asking this, but what version of the game are you using? I ask because in your images there's a message in the bottom right of the mod window saying that you're using v0.8.1 when it should be v0.8.2 to be able to use it with the current mod.
I have 0.8.2. I don't know why it thinks I'm running 0.8.1 but I'm definitely not.

That's not true. It's not possible to click through the top bar.
But it doesn't switch to the 'Main Girls' tab either, which is what I'd expect it to do. The 'clicking through' part refers to the following image where it looks like the mouse is over the 'Shower Scenes' but isn't.
It's not weird imo because there have been plenty of times where i've had the mod windows open and wanted to navigate around the hotel and click things without closing or moving the windows.
It's weird because we expect clicks to land on whatever is on top, computers have worked that way for something like thirty years.

Sep 7, 2019
im trying to find where to click to rewatch scenes in this mod. can someone please tell me where in this new build they are? thanks

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
im trying to find where to click to rewatch scenes in this mod. can someone please tell me where in this new build they are? thanks
The scene gallery in the game is on the pause/save menu screen. If you're talking about how to watch the new scenes the mod adds it tells you in the mod description.

I have 0.8.2. I don't know why it thinks I'm running 0.8.1 but I'm definitely not.
You don't have 0.8.2. You likely have 0.8.1 and used the 0.8.2 patch, but the patch doesn't include all of the changes in 0.8.2

But it doesn't switch to the 'Main Girls' tab either, which is what I'd expect it to do. The 'clicking through' part refers to the following image where it looks like the mouse is over the 'Shower Scenes' but isn't.

It's weird because we expect clicks to land on whatever is on top, computers have worked that way for something like thirty years.
Your mouse is clearly not hovering over the 'Main Girls' text or the 'Shower Scenes' text. There obviously are no bars to click, so idk why you keep thinking there is. Saying that all UI buttons on all computers for 30 years have underlying bar hovers is a hyperbole. I am sorry if have trouble understanding it or don't like my new design, this discussion isn't leading anywhere though so I don't really want to waste time to keep talking about it.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You don't have 0.8.2. You likely have 0.8.1 and used the 0.8.2 patch, but the patch doesn't include all of the changes in 0.8.2
I haven't touched the 0.8.2 patch, I downloaded the 0.8.2 compressed version. Maybe it was made with the patch
Your mouse is clearly not hovering over the 'Main Girls' text or the 'Shower Scenes' text. There obviously are no bars to click, so idk why you keep thinking there is.
Because there should be.
Saying that all UI buttons on all computers for 30 years have underlying bar hovers is a hyperbole.
I was talking about clicking on a window and having something underneath the window (in this case the stairs) catch the click, but since you mention it every computer I've used going back to Windows 3 has also caught clicks anywhere on buttons/menus, not just on the text. What computers have you used where this isn't the case?

Kaseki

Sep 28, 2018
Can you make your custom scenes part of the replay gallery? Even the random guy joining the hotel. I just like being able to replay them, and I forgot to make a save at some of them.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Maim Lain
Hmm...as far as i know i finished the game...well, lets better say the current content. But a few things in your Mod are still marked as incomplete...
The last of the Cafe Scenes from Lin, Kali and Ashley, the last Dungeon Scene from Maria and the last Beach scene from Emma wont complete, i did them all multiple times, but they dont get marked completed in your Mod.
It also would help if the Foto Sessions would be tracked as well. I gave them the Outfits as early as they took it, but i did the shots much later to kill waiting times...so i lost track of it everytime an event/story progress was available ^^
Oh, and please give me a little hint, i never find Felicity in the shower, its always Emma on Monday morning...i tried 2 whole weeks at every day and every time, but she is never there.
Complaining aside, the new UI is really useful ^^

TSEV

Dec 1, 2018

Game/Creator: /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.8.2

Features:
  • A full in-game walkthrough for every scene and event in the game! You can see the requirements for all scenes and events, receive tips for the best choices to make for your current event for each girl, track your progress to see how close you are to unlocking specific scenes, and finally see whether you've already watched a scene or not so you can know if you've watched them all. Look at the images below to get a better understanding of how it all works. Click the info button at the top of the screen to activate the mod menu.
  • 8 new scenes that aren't in the original game have been added by the mod.
  • A cheat menu has been added which can be accessed by entering the code "lain" into the computer.
  • The default textbox and fonts have been replaced to make the UI cleaner and more readable.
  • When starting a new game you will be asked if you want to enable the incest content. Choosing yes will automatically enable it for you.
  • 23 new custom art in-game wallpapers have been added to the in-game computer.

New custom events/scenes:
  • Type the code "lain" into the PC to activate the new scenes.
  • Quest #1: The goth girl is jealous of you and Ashley, and has something planned to get you to notice her. Complete Ashley's story then choose "Talk" at her door to start Juliet's quest.
  • Quest #2: Emma wants you to take her to the beach. She will come to your room when the twins are level 14 or higher.
  • Quest #3: Autumn has been having some naughty dreams lately. Maybe you can take advantage of this somehow? Complete Autumn's story to begin her scenes.
  • Quest #4: Once at least 50 days have passed, click on the stairs in the lobby and go to the new piano added by the mod for a short scene.
  • Quest #5: Once at least 100 days have passed and Android has joined the hotel, visit the lobby for a short scene.

Installation:
PC:
Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "Harem_Hotel-v0.8.2-pc" folder.

Mac:
Unzip the mod -> Right click your HaremHotel app -> Click "Show Package Contents" -> Open the "Contents" then "Resources" folders -> Hold the Option key and drag the folder named "game" from the mod to the "autorun" folder -> Click merge

Android installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac: -
Android: -

View attachment 171035 View attachment 171036 View attachment 171054 View attachment 171038 View attachment 171039
View attachment 171040 View attachment 171041 View attachment 171042 View attachment 171043 View attachment 266974

Teasers of new scenes:
View attachment 215773 View attachment 215775 View attachment 215774 View attachment 330199
Thanks for your hard work but i can't find in the mod the option as described in the 10/14 photo

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Thanks for your hard work but i can't find in the mod the option as described in the 10/14 photo
  • Type the code "lain" into the in-game PC code screen to access the cheat menu

Maim Lain
Hmm...as far as i know i finished the game...well, lets better say the current content. But a few things in your Mod are still marked as incomplete...
The last of the Cafe Scenes from Lin, Kali and Ashley, the last Dungeon Scene from Maria and the last Beach scene from Emma wont complete, i did them all multiple times, but they dont get marked completed in your Mod.
It also would help if the Foto Sessions would be tracked as well. I gave them the Outfits as early as they took it, but i did the shots much later to kill waiting times...so i lost track of it everytime an event/story progress was available ^^
Oh, and please give me a little hint, i never find Felicity in the shower, its always Emma on Monday morning...i tried 2 whole weeks at every day and every time, but she is never there.
Complaining aside, the new UI is really useful ^^
Thanks.
Any screens where it shows your progress that has a "-" like the ones you mentioned means I can't show/mark if you've completed it or not since a variable for the scene doesn't exist in the game.
Same with the photoshoots/pin-up sessions, there are no variables in the game for those so I can't show if the player has completed them, otherwise I would add it to the mod.

For the Felicity shower scene there's a 50/50 chance on only Monday morning that Felicity will be in the shower. If the twin's friendship level is 17 or higher and you've had sex with Felicity at least once then you can do the scene in the shower, otherwise she will tell you to go away.

Can you make your custom scenes part of the replay gallery? Even the random guy joining the hotel. I just like being able to replay them, and I forgot to make a save at some of them.
Hmm I'll think about it. The way Runey coded his gallery is a bit annoying so that's the reason why they haven't been added lol.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes