Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Changelog:
  • Includes 0.9 to 0.9.1 update patch and bug fix for infinite loop glitch (this means if you only have 0.9 you don't need to redownload the game to get the 0.9.1 fixes; you only need to install the mod)
  • Updated all walkthrough guides with new 0.9 content
  • Added guide for Kate's riddles to the mod
  • Added new cheat for the new lust system and moved the cheats to the mod menu UI
  • Added settings tab for mod options to the mod menu
  • Restored Kate's history questions to the game
  • Fixed up a lot of the mod's code and UI

Other info:
Sorry for taking a few days longer than usual to update the mod. I didn't get a chance to work on the mod with the update pre-release like I have with past updates, and I ran into waaay too many technical problems caused by the game's not-so-great code.

Life has also been not-so-great ever since I moved at the beginning of this month, but I'm going to pull myself together this week.

Also I'll read all the posts I've missed in this thread when I wake up. I'm too tired to keep my eyes open right now.

VonHelton

Feb 13, 2020
Also I'll read all the posts I've missed in this thread when I wake up. I'm too tired to keep my eyes open right now.
Lain, I have an older Patreon page. Whenever I try to leave my page to go back to the main page, it redirects back to my page. I can even change the URL itself, but when I hit enter, it goes back to my patreon page as well. I'm NOT posting this on Patreon for obvious reasons. I think I may have been compromised. I make mods for computer games, but I'm not a programmer. If I try to leave my patreon page & go to yours, I get redirected back to mine. I literally can't leave my page!

:unsure: :unsure: :unsure:

ChillyDabs

Donor
Dec 14, 2019

Changelog:
  • Includes 0.9 to 0.9.1 update patch and bug fix for infinite loop glitch (this means if you only have 0.9 you don't need to redownload the game to get the 0.9.1 fixes; you only need to install the mod)
  • Updated all walkthrough guides with new 0.9 content
  • Added guide for Kate's riddles to the mod
  • Added new cheat for the new lust system and moved the cheats to the mod menu UI
  • Added settings tab for mod options to the mod menu
  • Restored Kate's history questions to the game
  • Fixed up a lot of the mod's code and UI

Other info:
Sorry for taking a few days longer than usual to update the mod. I didn't get a chance to work on the mod with the update pre-release like I have with past updates, and I ran into waaay too many technical problems caused by the game's not-so-great code.

Life has also been not-so-great ever since I moved at the beginning of this month, but I'm going to pull myself together this week.

(y)Thanks and nice work, wasn't nearly long of a wait as I thought.

Reactions: Maid Lain

h4xoor

Donor
Dec 2, 2018
Other info:

Don't worry about the "delay", always prioritize your personal life over anything else, get some rest and fix your things, then you can worry about anything else. Sorry if i sound like a parent,lol. It's just i saw a lots of people focusing on things for others sake, and they suffered later because of it.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
insider tip: 0.9.2 is out Maim Lain
My internet broke after I posted the mod update and won't be fixed until Monday, so I can't download 0.9.2
idk why I'm so unlucky :cry:

i'm 99% sure 0.9.2 only includes the bug fixes that I already included in my mod, but I'll try to go to my sisters house tonight for her internet and try to download and update it.

Kurōzu

Nov 20, 2017
EDIT:
I was getting an error, it was because I installed the MOD in the wrong way.
You should update the instructions you wrote in the OP for MAC, since it's very important to merge the two "game" folders :)
Thanks for your work anyway!

Last edited:

q125724

Mar 8, 2019
My internet broke after I posted the mod update and won't be fixed until Monday, so I can't download 0.9.2
idk why I'm so unlucky :cry:

i'm 99% sure 0.9.2 only includes the bug fixes that I already included in my mod, but I'll try to go to my sisters house tonight for her internet and try to download and update it.
Firstly thanks for all your hard work <3. Secondly I'm getting an out of bounds / index error around like 863 in your rpy when i try to view the next steps for autumns story line with version 0.9.2 on win64

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I was able to download 0.9.2 at my sister's house and confirm that the only change in 0.9.2 compared to 0.9.1 is the infinite loop glitch fix that I gave Runey and already included in my mod, so there's no need to update your game or mod to 0.9.2 at the moment.

But I'll still upload a 0.9.2 mod version with a couple extra mod things that I didn't have time to add before once my internet gets fixed later today (hopefully).

Firstly thanks for all your hard work <3. Secondly I'm getting an out of bounds / index error around like 863 in your rpy when i try to view the next steps for autumns story line with version 0.9.2 on win64
You'll have to paste the error message/file here for me to know what's wrong.

q125724

Mar 8, 2019
I was able to download 0.9.2 at my sister's house and confirm that the only change in 0.9.2 compared to 0.9.1 is the infinite loop glitch fix that I gave Runey and already included in my mod, so there's no need to update your game or mod to 0.9.2 at the moment.

But I'll still upload a 0.9.2 mod version with a couple extra mod things that I didn't have time to add before once my internet gets fixed later today (hopefully).

You'll have to paste the error message/file here for me to know what's wrong.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 11256, in script call
    $ result = renpy.imagemap("yourroom1.webp", "yourroomh.webp", [
  File "game/script.rpy", line 11256, in script call
    $ result = renpy.imagemap("yourroom1.webp", "yourroomh.webp", [
  File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 141, in script call
    call screen lobbygirls
  File "game/script.rpy", line 33936, in script call
    $ result = renpy.imagemap("autatcafe.webp", "autatcafeh.webp", [
  File "game/script.rpy", line 33936, in script call
    $ result = renpy.imagemap("autatcafe.webp", "autatcafeh.webp", [
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2638, in script call
    $ result = renpy.imagemap("utilityroom.webp", "utilityroomh.webp", [
  File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 141, in script call
    call screen lobbygirls
  File "game/script.rpy", line 11176, in script call
    call lustsystem
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2586, in script
    $ result = renpy.imagemap("utilityroommar.webp", "utilityroomhmar.webp", [
  File "game/script.rpy", line 2590, in <module>
    (551, 431, 1002, 853, "utilityroommarh.webp")
  File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 864, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 864, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 868, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 873, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 880, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Guides.rpy", line 885, in execute
IndexError: tuple index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/bar.rpyc", line 1588, in script call
    ?�`<"�x�z�z#���Ox��n�t�J^?�͏�I���'��:����OR���ǧ�����Ϩ�?�=�J^�$>eɫ=��0�^�H����f���/    ��Q��%o�["`�D�Ľ_��;"�x�|    5ygI�'�Uˏ�m�x�,����/��m�θ[����

q125724

Mar 8, 2019
Hm, weird. Did you use the console to change the friendship values of one of the girls? Or use unren or unrpyc on the game?
Im sure at some point in time I used a save editor. I'll drop the values and use your mod to max the values out and see if that works?

Update: set value to 10 for friendship, it works now :) user error!!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes