Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018

Changelog:
  • Includes 0.9.2 update patch (this means if you only have 0.9 or 0.9.1 you don't need to redownload the game to get the 0.9.2 fixes; you only need to install the mod)
  • Added in-game guides for the mod custom scenes to the "Other" tab section
  • Lots of minor improvements for the custom scenes

Sorry again for being a couple days late with the 0.9.2 mod update. My internet was shut off for a couple days so I wasn't able to download or upload anything.

Gundams

Nov 14, 2019
Thanks for the mod but I've read the installation notes and I didn't see the cheat code that needs to be typed in

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
I'm having a problem transferring the files and/or the game folder. Every time I get the game going, I either got an error code where the title should be or when I load my save files. The majority of my screen is black with a missing image for some reason. What should I do?

(Mac version of the game).

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I'm having a problem transferring the files and/or the game folder. Every time I get the game going, I either got an error code where the title should be or when I load my save files. The majority of my screen is black with a missing image for some reason. What should I do?

(Mac version of the game).
Since you're using Mac that means you likely replaced the folders and everything got deleted. You need to merge the folders not replace them.

Zontany

Mar 13, 2018
Since you're using Mac that means you likely replaced the folders and everything got deleted. You need to merge the folders not replace them.
I thought I had to push and hold the option key to merge. When I did that it only gave me the option to stop, replace all or keep the newer items.

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I thought I had to push and hold the option key to merge. When I did that it only gave me the option to stop, replace all or keep the newer items.
I don't use Mac so I'm not sure. Maybe Kurōzu can explain how to do it.

Kurōzu

Nov 20, 2017
Thank you for trying to help and also for making these walkthrough mods.
Hi!
To merge two folders on Mac you need to press and hold the option key while you drag and drop the folder "game" in the "autorun" folder, once you do this a dialog should appear, click merge and you're done! :)

Bobzx

Jul 3, 2019

Updated: 2020-02-18
Game/Creator: Harem Hotel /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.9 or higher

Features:
  • This mod adds an in-game walkthrough for every character and event in the game Harem Hotel! The walkthrough menu contains dynamic guides that let you track your progress for each character and see the requirements needed to trigger their scenes and advance their story.

• A cheat menu has also been added which has cheats that allow you to set your money to $99999, maximize your stats with all girls, unlock all outfits & toys, and more.

• I've also made a few other improvements to the game such as:
    • Adding 11 new custom scenes that I've made
    • Adding 23 new custom art wallpapers to the in-game computer
    • Adding a playable in-game piano to the hotel lobby
    • Restoring Kate's old riddles to the game
    • Making the UI cleaner and more readable by using a better textbox and font
    • Probably a lot of other cool stuff that I forgot to include here

New custom events/scenes:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac: -
Android: -

View attachment 553429 View attachment 553430 View attachment 553431 View attachment 553432 View attachment 553433 View attachment 553434

Teasers of new scenes:
View attachment 215773 View attachment 215775 View attachment 215774 View attachment 330199
Why can I not make Anabelle wear bunny, Lin cutie pie, robit cowgirl, or Felicity either of her costumes? The PC says they are purchased? I have no idea if playing without the mod lets them be selected?

Autumns scenes pop up any time you sleep alone afaict? But modding in some penetration and some buttstuff for the twins wouldnt go a miss?

Nov 9, 2017
I tried installing the mod on my mac (using the Merge option as otherwise it totally hoses the game otherwise) and it doesn't work.

Oh, and before we get into the whole 'I don't know MacOS' song and dance I play these games through WINE rather then using the Mac specific version so asside for some little quirks WINE has the game is behaving exactly as it should on a Windows OS.

Sorry if that last part came off as little crass but I am sick and tired of the 'I don't know MacOS' tap dance when I specifically state I play the game via WINE; it's like the only WINE the programmer is aware of is the one that goes with Cheese :) Now if WINE was some new program I could understand but it has been around since 1993 and is the program of choice to run Windows programs on Linux-like OSes and the Intel Mac-OS without installing Windows.

From my experience Ren'Py plays very well with WINE (though the first time you start up a game it takes a while to load) and the only times it has gone off the rails is when somebody added into some non Ren'Py plug-in to the game. That said there are things WINE does not handle well at all - anything with DirectX, anything that make very specific calls to the Windows OS, and anything where the programer was making use of undocumented features (likely to get clobbered in the next Windows update :) )

Last edited:

1ch1go

Oct 28, 2019
Ive downloaded your 0.92 Version and completed mostly all Scenes except one from autumn and one from Ashley. Somehow the Info Box doesnt Show me what i should do to Trigger the event since its empty. :(

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
I tried installing the mod on my mac (using the Merge option as otherwise it totally hoses the game otherwise) and it doesn't work.
What happens? Is there an error it gives? You probably didn't install the mod into the correct folder. Why not just download the Mac version of the game though to make things simpler?

Ive downloaded your 0.92 Version and completed mostly all Scenes except one from autumn and one from Ashley. Somehow the Info Box doesnt Show me what i should do to Trigger the event since its empty. :(
If there's nothing in the box then you probably played an Alpha/Beta version of the game which messed up some variables. Or you used the console to cheat and changed friendship variables so it's showing the wrong level.

7empest5teele

Dec 23, 2019
Alright I unzipped this and put the "game" folder in the main, like was instructed, now I cannot access any sort of cheat menu at all, am I supposed to put the modded "game" folder inside the original game folder instead?

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
Alright I unzipped this and put the "game" folder in the main, like was instructed, now I cannot access any sort of cheat menu at all, am I supposed to put the modded "game" folder inside the original game folder instead?
Everything that is in the mod's "game" folder goes into the game's "game" folder, and say "Yes" to anything that wants to overwrite.

Reactions: bilbomcfraggity
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes