Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes
Jan 10, 2020
ok, call me stupid, but i've played about 3 dozen of these VNs so far, n every time they had a walkthru link, it was always just a simple word doc, but this opens a link to a zip/rar file. so how exactly does this work, n is there a text version of the WT? thanks

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
ok, call me stupid, but i've played about 3 dozen of these VNs so far, n every time they had a walkthru link, it was always just a simple word doc, but this opens a link to a zip/rar file. so how exactly does this work, n is there a text version of the WT? thanks
When you have something called a "Walkthrough and cheat mod" right in the title, then that may tell you it's not just a simple walkthrough but something actually installed into the game itself. The are instructions on how to install and use this mod right in the OP, so maybe you should take some time to read it.

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
How could you play so many games if you cannot read? The Link in the Gamethread is called "WALKTHROUGH MOD", this thread is called "Harem Hotel - Lain's Walkthrough + Cheat Mod [v0.9.2] [Maim Lain]" and a installation guide for dummys is straight above the downloadlinks...

Jan 10, 2020
wow, thanks for the insults guys...that's just what i needed. n yeah, i did read the instructions, but it still doesnt make sense to me. like do i put the mod in the game file, n when i do, where do i find the walkthrough? n besides, all i'm looking for is the best way to answer maria's ?s on the date...pretty sure i can do the rest, since i check on every character each time of the day, so i don't miss anything. n kudos on the cyber-bullying...thats just what we need w/everything going on in the world rite now

update: ok, so i just clicked on every option for every question, n it seems like i figured it out...with cream (ethnicity), tacos (body part), roses (which girl), you (obviously), cowgirl (for future sex w/her), face (impress her by being classy), no preference (same), n ass (to get her to try anal in the future). so if there's anyone who's interested, plz lemme know if these r correct, but pretty sure those r what i'm gonna stick with

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Virulenz

Engaged Member
Sep 27, 2017
Okay, i didnt knew you are absolutly new to gaming and modding. Mod stands for Modification. In other words, the guide you seek is in the game after installation. Just start the game and you will see it. Then you can either check this single thing you need and close it or you can let it open and get step by step help for the selected character. You always can change your mind or select other characters/events, just open the mod menu again.

Reactions: Maid Lain
Jan 10, 2020
Okay, i didnt knew you are absolutly new to gaming and modding. Mod stands for Modification. In other words, the guide you seek is in the game after installation. Just start the game and you will see it. Then you can either check this single thing you need and close it or you can let it open and get step by step help for the selected character. You always can change your mind or select other characters/events, just open the mod menu again.
thanks for being sincere this time...n sadly, not new to gaming, i know what "mod" is, just didn't know how it fit into the game...so once i download it, which file does it go into...the game file i'm assuming? n one of the questions, when u try 2 b funny, he talks about "green type" n "fire type"...is that a reference to weed?

• Haha
Reactions: Arshavinstyle

Doublethelewd

Jan 8, 2019
The Lin quest
"i should buy android human outfit and raise her friendship"
i cant find it anywhere on computer, is this a bug?

leproso0413

May 26, 2017
How do I make the custom scenes work? I activate it only when I finish all the stories with each one of the last version. I put in the options to activate the custom scenes but it doesn't work. What do I have to do?

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
get ready to update this
The Alpha test build of the game was only recently released for Patrons, so we've still got a few months before the full release of the game according to Runey

Check my Patreon page for updates, v0.10 should be done in a few months. Work has just begun.
Maim Lain still has plenty of time before needing to worry about working on an update to the mod.

james900419

Apr 24, 2020
Already follow the instruction but still can't open the game.
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ash_events.rpy', 1572671669, 1) is defined twice, at game/ash_events.rpyc:3 and game/game/ash_events.rpyc:3.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.9.2-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 314, in bootstrap
    renpy.main.main()
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.9.2-pc\renpy\main.py", line 373, in main
    renpy.game.script.load_script()  # sets renpy.game.script.
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.9.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 271, in load_script
    self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", ".rpy", dir, fn, initcode)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.9.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 775, in load_appropriate_file
    self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.9.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 452, in finish_load
    check_name(node)
  File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.9.2-pc\renpy\script.py", line 435, in check_name
    bad_node.filename, bad_node.linenumber))
ScriptError: Name (u'game/ash_events.rpy', 1572671669, 1) is defined twice, at game/ash_events.rpyc:3 and game/game/ash_events.rpyc:3.

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320

Sun Apr 26 02:47:09 2020

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
Already follow the instruction but still can't open the game.
You didn't install it in the correct folder. Read the installation instructions and move it to the correct folder.

Unzip the mod and put the folder named "game" from the mod in your "Harem_Hotel-v0.9.2-pc" folder.

h34d5hot556

Nov 25, 2017
So i installed everything properly. i get into the game and it gives me this code when i click on the mod menu in the corner and i can't progress further... please help. i've tried reloading, rolling back.. etc. nothing works. i'm on the alpha version.. is that the reason? it says 0.9 or higher.

Code:

While running game code:
  File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 141, in script
    call screen lobbygirls
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 56, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 64, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 69, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 104, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 122, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 124, in execute
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 124, in keywords
  File "game/mod/Lain_Screens.rpy", line 126, in keywords
NameError: name 'kali_complete9' is not defined

Full traceback:
    call screen lobbygirls
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1947, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
    root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
    d.visit_all(callback, seen)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "<screen language>", line 126, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.9.2
Sun Apr 26 06:05:26 2020

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
So i installed everything properly. i get into the game and it gives me this code when i click on the mod menu in the corner and i can't progress further... please help. i've tried reloading, rolling back.. etc. nothing works. i'm on the alpha version.. is that the reason? it says 0.9 or higher.

Code:

While running game code:
    call screen lobbygirls

Full traceback:
    call screen lobbygirls
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1947, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1935, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2896, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 295, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2699, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3091, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\Saved Games\Harem_Hotel-v0.10-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "<screen language>", line 126, in <module>

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.9.2
Sun Apr 26 06:05:26 2020
Did you use this with the new alpha that has just been released?

ironbuilt

Dec 10, 2018
So the Mod screwed up my game because it wasn't updated for version 10. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

MrHanni

Feb 19, 2019
So the Mod screwed up my game because it wasn't updated for version 10. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
I highly doubt that the mod is at fault. Version 10 is still in the alpha and even Runey said that the alpha is full of bugs and break saves.

Deleted member 929426

Oct 5, 2018
That's why it's important to look at the versions for both. It also helps to understand that v0.10 is in the Alpha stage, and both Alphas and Betas are test builds created before the official release and, therefore, are a combination of incomplete, buggy, and likely to break your saves. This is one of the reasons why Maim Lain doesn't update the mod until the official version release.

Your only choice is to revert the game back to v0.9.2 and hope that you have a working save for that version.

Reactions: Sothyr
5.00 star(s) 16 Votes