Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
a mod that needs to be updated so teh games runs without problem, to tell teh treu tehn the mod is shitty made, i play some otehr games with mods and tehy run without problems even if the mod is 2 versions old
It isn't because of the mod, it is because the changes to the game aren't compatible, there's nothing Lain or any other modder could do to make any mod version work with any game version except the ones that match.

Valamyr

Oct 7, 2020
Ok.... I hope Scrappy or Lord Ashram can get the mod in working order soon...
For what its worth Ive kept playing a good while, and thats the *only* issue I ran into. One could finish her charades first and then use the mod just fine.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
For what its worth Ive kept playing a good while, and thats the *only* issue I ran into. One could finish her charades first and then use the mod just fine.
So only riddle girl is bugged? That's good to hear....
I paused my playthrough because I wasn't sure if there are more bugs.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
Thank you scrappy for updating again....

Have you considered making a separate thread for your mod update?
Or at least get it somehow pinned to the top of this thread?
I always miss when you update.

ILoveWorkout

Jun 9, 2021
Works fine for me I guess. I got the error mentioned on the earlier pages because I still haven't touched the freshly installed vanilla game but when I tried to play a new game, saved, closed, went to %appdata%, extracted my previous save files infected with lain mod, extracted scrappy's fix to the game's folder, then wapack it worked perfectly. version is 14.1 btw. Im no expert just sharing my thoughts xD.

HierroZero

Mar 2, 2020
i can't go to church for autumn's story progression
i tried to wait til sunday but nothing happened
when i went to her room the messages only said she's taking shower in the morning and she's at the church in the afternoon but nothing more happened
is this a bug or what?

gasper

Nov 10, 2018
i can't go to church for autumn's story progression
i tried to wait til sunday but nothing happened
when i went to her room the messages only said she's taking shower in the morning and she's at the church in the afternoon but nothing more happened
is this a bug or what?
Yeah I had the same problem.

The solution is easy. Talk to her weekdays and then visit her on the next sunday.

Lokplart

- I can code, I guess :D
Game Developer
Jul 28, 2018
For whoever's using the updated walkthrough mod and is wondering why they can't see the pinups with the twins together
Go to "game/mod" and replace "Lain_Overrides.rpy" with the file below

Last edited:
Reactions: pgm_01

kipskill

Nov 24, 2018
Update:
So I finally finished all the girl's events, I now just need to go back over the main script.rpy for the updates and bugfixes.
After I'm done, I'll do some preliminary testing and will try to release a test update for those who want to try this version of the mod out.
Thank you so much :)

Reactions: Lord Ashram

CPL_Jimmy

Feb 28, 2018
I don't know if this is part of the mod or not...
But the grenades that Nia wants, the "sound" grenade is pointless.
The text says, oh what if a person blinks... that literally doesn't matter. I know from first hand experience, a flashbang is 2 things, very bright and very loud... and the loud part is what matters.
It shocks your eardrums so hard that the fluid inside your inner ear gets shaken up, you lose balance, you tumble, fall, stumble, can't aim... it doesn't matter if you can still see, you can't operate with any efficiency for about 30 seconds after being exposed to one, if you survive those 30 seconds.
And even saying all that... the flash is so bright that blinking will not help you, it shines through your eye-lids... that is why you are trained to completely turn away from a flashbang to have any hope of not being affected.
Also... US Soldiers wear earplugs in combat.

That said, if you want a variety of grenades....
smoke - white
smoke - colored
HE (High Explosive)
incendary
White Phosphorus.... This is an incredibly dangerous grenade. If the phosphor touches your skin you MUST cut off the infected area immediately. This is far more dangerous than Napalm.

Grenades that never went beyond testing include
Napalm
gasoline
Thermite

And of course completely fictional grenades like...
EMP
nuke
cryogenic

• Wow
Reactions: ILoveWorkout

ThtsMyScrtCapImAlwysHorny

Aug 5, 2021
where does the new version come from? is lain back?
1) scrappy has been updating it; search the thread for his post. Also Lord Ashram is working on an alternative version, but hasn't released it yet.
2) No. If you go the first post and hover over her username, you can see that she still hasn't logged in since Halloween, as well as visit her Subscribestar page and see that it hasn't been updated since ~a week before that.

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes