• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py Harem Hotel: Expanded Mod / Lain's Walkthrough Mod [v0.17.2] [Maid Lain]

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes

rxiw

Mar 21, 2020
yeah, i have been using scrappys version, i was just wondering because the links in the initial post have been updated on thursday without any notice. Seems to be a reupload of scrappys version (different links, but same file)

Blakmoon

Dec 12, 2019
Here is a test version of my mod, I've played it doing all the girl's stories up to Maria and paused after doing Anal with Lin.
I'm still going through the story trying to find all the extra context that I originally missed and any bugs I may caused.
The only cheat I've done was give myself the $99,999 and have added a few extra things like a reminder to start visiting Ashley's school after Day 20 if you haven't yet, where Ellen is at when she is not at the receptionist's desk in the Evening.

Instructions:
  • Since this is a TEST version, re-extract the 14.1 version to a new folder
  • Extract this mod into that new folder where the new Harem_Hotel.exe is located
  • You should not need to have to overwrite anything since this should be a new folder
  • DO NOT use your old saves, start a new game and save to a different save page

I am still playing through the game's story trying to find and fix any issues that remain.
I did use scrappy's Lain_Guides.rpy but I do need to replay the game again later and correct all the issues that both Lain and scrappy did not fix with time and locations including the need to let you know that Maria does not show up until Day 23 even if Ashley's Friendship is at Level 8.

Link:

View attachment 1586307 View attachment 1586310 View attachment 1586313 View attachment 1586314 View attachment 1586315 View attachment 1586316 View attachment 1586317 View attachment 1586318 View attachment 1586319
Great job for updating this mod. (y)

But there will be an issue with it. All the changes you made to the orignal files of the game (for menus, dialogues...) will make translations of the game no longer work for those changes.
I can tell it because I'm myself doing the french translation of the game.

I usually translate Lain's Mod too when its version is up to date with the game.
I will maybe do it with your version too when it will be in its final version.

I'm not here to criticize, you've done a good, and surely hard work.
I just wanted to warn players using translation mods.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Great job for updating this mod. (y)

But there will be an issue with it. All the changes you made to the orignal files of the game (for menus, dialogues...) will make translations of the game no longer work for those changes.
I can tell it because I'm myself doing the french translation of the game.

I usually translate Lain's Mod too when its version is up to date with the game.
I will maybe do it with your version too when it will be in its final version.

I'm not here to criticize, you've done a good, and surely hard work.
I just wanted to warn players using translation mods.
Yeah, my mods are not the most translation friendly but once I get everything done updating it shouldn't be too much extra work after that. Also I have spent the majority of my free time since after the New Years working on this mod and I still have plenty to go.

Reactions: Blakmoon

kipskill

Nov 24, 2018
Here is a test version of my mod, I've played it doing all the girl's stories up to Maria and paused after doing Anal with Lin.
I'm still going through the story trying to find all the extra context that I originally missed and any bugs I may caused.
The only cheat I've done was give myself the $99,999 and have added a few extra things like a reminder to start visiting Ashley's school after Day 20 if you haven't yet, where Ellen is at when she is not at the receptionist's desk in the Evening.

Instructions:
  • Since this is a TEST version, re-extract the 14.1 version to a new folder
  • Extract this mod into that new folder where the new Harem_Hotel.exe is located
  • You should not need to have to overwrite anything since this should be a new folder
  • DO NOT use your old saves, start a new game and save to a different save page

I am still playing through the game's story trying to find and fix any issues that remain.
I did use scrappy's Lain_Guides.rpy but I do need to replay the game again later and correct all the issues that both Lain and scrappy did not fix with time and locations including the need to let you know that Maria does not show up until Day 23 even if Ashley's Friendship is at Level 8.

Link:

View attachment 1586307 View attachment 1586310 View attachment 1586313 View attachment 1586314 View attachment 1586315 View attachment 1586316 View attachment 1586317 View attachment 1586318 View attachment 1586319
Thank you for updating this mod.

But I want to ask you one thing. How do you revive the "spank her" option for Lin? I understand that the option has disappeared from 14.1 version. However, your mod shows that the option is available. Fortunately, the option is compatible with vanilla, so there is no problem using mod (I just confirmed it works properly). I was just curious about what kind of work you did to revive the option.

Oh, that doesn't mean I want to delete the option from your final version. I was very disappointed that the option was deleted in 14.1 version, and I am rather grateful that you revived it.

Blakmoon

Dec 12, 2019
Yeah, my mods are not the most translation friendly but once I get everything done updating it shouldn't be too much extra work after that. Also I have spent the majority of my free time since after the New Years working on this mod and I still have plenty to go.
Yes,I think it will not be much work for me to translate it, since your work is based on former versions.
I keep survey it and will do it as soon as we have a stable version. Maybe I will start (but not release for now) with the one you linked.
Once again, good job and thanks a lot for doing it...

We miss Maim Lain so much... Hope she's fine.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Thank you for updating this mod.

But I want to ask you one thing. How do you revive the "spank her" option for Lin? I understand that the option has disappeared from 14.1 version. However, your mod shows that the option is available. Fortunately, the option is compatible with vanilla, so there is no problem using mod (I just confirmed it works properly). I was just curious about what kind of work you did to revive the option.

Oh, that doesn't mean I want to delete the option from your final version. I was very disappointed that the option was deleted in 14.1 version, and I am rather grateful that you revived it.
It's actually not deleted out, it's just commented out so I didn't comment it out and all the images are still there.
Many of the updates from 13.2 to 14.1 I had to manually add or change myself as I always do a code diff from one version of a game to the newest for my mods and once I start modding a game my mod becomes my code base so I have to manually change many of the code differences myself.

Reactions: kipskill

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Yes,I think it will not be much work for me to translate it, since your work is based on former versions.
I keep survey it and will do it as soon as we have a stable version. Maybe I will start (but not release for now) with the one you linked.
Once again, good job and thanks a lot for doing it...
Thanks

We miss Maim Lain so much... Hope she's fine.
Same.

Reactions: metalurgescu

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Also, my wife loves getting a good spanking from "her Daddy" so keeping Lin's spanking in was a no brainer.

Reactions: kipskill
Aug 5, 2017
@ Lord Ashram
Think I might of found a bug in your mod or in General. Felicity and Emma Event 31 (Dungeon)

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/lobby_script.rpy", line 193, in script call
call mooncall
File "game/script.rpy", line 24468, in script
jump twin_anal_dungeon
ScriptError: could not find label 'twin_anal_dungeon'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 1603, in script call
File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 3402, in script call
File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 3519, in script call
File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 3527, in script call
File "scripts/bar.rpyc", line 3493, in script call
call mooncall
jump twin_anal_dungeon
File "H:\[VN] Hentai Games\[VN PAGE 2]\[VN Page 3]\Harem_Hotel-v0.14.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
File "H:\[VN] Hentai Games\[VN PAGE 2]\[VN Page 3]\Harem_Hotel-v0.14.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.14.1
Sat Jan 08 17:21:30 2022

Tried making a new game and just cheating my way to the event. Still got a error. Not same exact one but yeah.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
@ Lord Ashram
Think I might of found a bug in your mod or in General. Felicity and Emma Event 31 (Dungeon)

While running game code:
call mooncall
jump twin_anal_dungeon

Full traceback:
call mooncall
jump twin_anal_dungeon
File "H:\[VN] Hentai Games\[VN PAGE 2]\[VN Page 3]\Harem_Hotel-v0.14.1-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
File "H:\[VN] Hentai Games\[VN PAGE 2]\[VN Page 3]\Harem_Hotel-v0.14.1-pc\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.14.1

Tried making a new game and just cheating my way to the event. Still got a error. Not same exact one but yeah.
Not sure but holy shit your folder structure sucks....
Who in their right mind would use [] in a file path....

• Haha
Reactions: Lord Ashram

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
@ Lord Ashram

While running game code:
call mooncall
jump twin_anal_dungeon

Full traceback:
call mooncall
jump twin_anal_dungeon

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.14.1

I've not got to either the twin stuff yet nor the dungeon stuff yet but I'll keep this in mind when I get there.
This is one of the reason's why I did release a test version for things for me to keep an eye on, thanks.

Though did you use one of your current game saves or did you start a new game?

Aug 5, 2017
I've not got to either the twin stuff yet nor the dungeon stuff yet but I'll keep this in mind when I get there.
This is one of the reason's why I did release a test version for things for me to keep an eye on, thanks.

Though did you use one of your current game saves or did you start a new game?

Current, Should I start from the beginning without cheating?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Current, Should I start from the beginning without cheating?
I did mention in my post with the test mod that you should both use the mod in a new (and clean) folder and start a new game (maybe save to a different page, say page 2 or 3). At the time of the post I was in somewhere in the Day 20's as far as having about all the context edits done. I am currently in the Day 40's with the beginnings of the Android character but I haven't released that yet and may not post an updated version until maybe tomorrow.

Lord Ashram can you do mod for android ver ಥ‿ಥ
Though I sometimes release mods with updated Ren'Py builds (Windows 32/64 and Linux 32/64), I currently don't have the required Android Toolchain to release Android builds. I now know a few guys on here who do release Android builds, sometimes based on my mods but they would not want to do anything until I have a full stable mod ready.

Reactions: doujin1

Balalangr

Sep 12, 2019
Edit: Fixed error when talking to Kate at school

I've updated the mod for 0.14.1

Download:
Greetings, buddy! I just came across your mod, downloaded it, and just transferred everything that was there from folder to folder. Did I do something wrong? The dialogue with Keith did not improve. Simply, additional opportunities appeared when interacting with some characters. And then the game crashed. The latest version. Sorry for the grammar, English is not my language.

ILoveWorkout

Jun 9, 2021
I don't know if this is part of the mod or not...
But the grenades that Nia wants, the "sound" grenade is pointless.
The text says, oh what if a person blinks... that literally doesn't matter. I know from first hand experience, a flashbang is 2 things, very bright and very loud... and the loud part is what matters.
It shocks your eardrums so hard that the fluid inside your inner ear gets shaken up, you lose balance, you tumble, fall, stumble, can't aim... it doesn't matter if you can still see, you can't operate with any efficiency for about 30 seconds after being exposed to one, if you survive those 30 seconds.
And even saying all that... the flash is so bright that blinking will not help you, it shines through your eye-lids... that is why you are trained to completely turn away from a flashbang to have any hope of not being affected.
Also... US Soldiers wear earplugs in combat.

That said, if you want a variety of grenades....
smoke - white
smoke - colored
HE (High Explosive)
incendary
White Phosphorus.... This is an incredibly dangerous grenade. If the phosphor touches your skin you MUST cut off the infected area immediately. This is far more dangerous than Napalm.

Grenades that never went beyond testing include
Napalm
gasoline
Thermite

And of course completely fictional grenades like...
EMP
nuke
cryogenic
Very Interesting

5.00 star(s) 16 Votes