ingridmailer

May 18, 2020
Again, I don't know how many times I have to say this, leave your biases at the door please. Whatever this impression of an SJW tumblr troll grifter you think I'm making is incorrect. She's not here to cancel your hot sauce, she's here to fight against slavery and corporations like Nero Inc who profit off of it.

Her character is one that's kind hearted but rough around the edges. You start off on the wrong foot, but realize you have a common goal.
This is my vision of the character of course, players haven't seen all I have planned for her.
As I said above, I don't like the character, but admit she has more road to walk so that could change. However, asking someone to remove their biases is a bit unrealistic, especially when you're writing primarily a story about (fantasy) racial prejudice and subjugation in a (fantasy) modern world. "Well-meaning narcissist" is an archetype that shows up often in these sorts of stories, and in real life, and it can be very difficult for me to see them in any light beyond contempt. Is this perfectly logical? Not at all, but it is how I feel.

To end this, it is your game; my intent was never to tell you how to write or what your characters are (just how I see them), and I hope I've worded these posts to indicate that. It is simply a matter of me personally disliking a character.

Reactions: Daddums and Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
The fact is that regardless of how you intend to write her, you can't control how people view a character. First impressions matter, and the fact is that the first impression I got from her was awful. You can claim that the multiple people in this thread are wrong as much as you want, but the fact is that you made a judgemental, preachy, seemingly expensive college-attending podcaster with assumptions about her show's popularity and who simply calls herself a journalist, seems more gung-ho about corporations in general than just slavery, and who's first reaction when an elf just does something nice is to casually fucking tip her. I understand that you didn't intend her to be viewed like this, I really do, but so far her character has done nothing to show me otherwise. If you want people to see her differently, then put her in a situation that shows that isn't all that she is instead of just telling everyone they're reading her wrong.
...I know. I'm simply stating she's not the person people are assuming she is. The first impression was meant to be on the wrong foot. (That's the key here. First impression = not her true self)

I know I made a judgemental, preachy college student. Those are her flaws (which she realizes she has and states she's working on), and that's only one part of her multi dimensional character. Why do you think she's making assumptions about her view count? Do you really think she's wrong about that many things that I would purposefully write that as factually incorrect? I'm trying to give you information about how much influence she has, not trick you.

She treated Lin equally... that was the point of that. She gave a tip to Lin because she would have given a tip to a human who had done the same.

In v0.12, this happens. She shows how she really is when she doesn't see you as the enemy. (that being a proper slave owner, which MC is not) I can tell you've played it from the mention of her tipping Lin. But there's not much convincing I can do for you if you think even my mention of her view count was wrong in the lore...

Last edited:

LailaLiu

Dec 3, 2017
Currently have the Android stuck on level 25 with no way to buy her human kit supplies(its not on the store and no way to progress. Does anyone know the solution to this?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Currently have the Android stuck on level 25 with no way to buy her human kit supplies(its not on the store and no way to progress. Does anyone know the solution to this?
Check the other tab on the computer.

Mmushy

May 5, 2020
Reread what he said, the .apk is not available because the game is too big now. But you can play on android still, you just have to follow the instructions :)
Unfortunately I'm not very good at following instructions and I have the warning letters from work to prove it :p
I just don't want to restart the game yet again. While I enjoy the content, it's the grind :(. Each time I replay, the girls' stats get lower and lower.

Reactions: Ggwpglhf

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
...I know. I'm simply stating she's not the person people are assuming she is. The first impression was meant to be on the wrong foot. (That's the key here. First impression = not her true self)

I know I made a judgemental, preachy college student. Those are her flaws (which she realizes she has and states she's working on), and that's only one part of her multi dimensional character. Why do you think she's making assumptions about her view count? Do you really think she's wrong about that many things that I would purposefully write that as factually incorrect? I'm trying to give you information about how much influence she has, not trick you.

She treated Lin equally... that was the point of that. She gave a tip to Lin because she would have given a tip to a human who had done the same.

In v0.12, this happens. She shows how she really is when she doesn't see you as the enemy. (that being a proper slave owner, which MC is not) I can tell you've played it from the mention of her tipping Lin. But there's not much convincing I can do for you if you think even my mention of her view count was wrong in the lore...
Hilarious and somewhat frightening, is watching someone argue with the person who is creating the game, about a game characters motivations, and then not accepting what the game creator is saying about it.

Raz

Jun 1, 2017
Going to be honest
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
and to have there be no more story this version has kind of put me in a sour mood, not sure I'll be able to play till the next update they get. A real punch to the gut that one, so congrats on getting that across as well as you did. Not sure how I even feel about said character, been so long since I last played I really should have started over...lol but I guess I liked them enough...

Reactions: Runey

unspecialkay

Dec 21, 2019
WAIT, is there more to maria's story after she gets taken???
Runey in its infinite wisdom and generosity always advertises when you reach the end of a character's content for the current version. Plus when you reached the end all the new content you get a new message stating just that. Also if you go to the "i" icon next to the cash you own in the main screen and pick a girl you get to see in the bottom right "story incomplete" (in case there is still more content) or "to be continued" (in case there is nothing more available in the current version).

capitanqueso

Jul 6, 2019
Is there an actual answer I should know when Kate asks if she can help with anything? I tryed typing "yes" and she answers "You're looking at things backwards" Is this a riddle?

Reactions: bogeyparr
4.70 star(s) 442 Votes