TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
And I suppose the other caveat are Fairies. Obviously can't mate with them and I think the reasons are obvious enough.
Aw! There must be a way!!!!
We need shrinky or growie magic!
Lust always finds a way!!!
You can't stop nature!
:ROFLMAO:
Or unnature, like artificial insemination and a surrogate!
giphy_3.gif
One caveat though, breeding with a Drow would actually result in a broken baby, if one at all. Think of it like a Tiger and Lion breeding. They are too far off biologically and were designed that way by me. Purple skin, no whites in the eyes, blinding day vision yet perfect dark vision and super strength are meant to show just how different they are. Still fairly intelligent, but not very cultured. A primitive species.
With any luck, and some genetic engineering, perhaps one day we can correct that issue...

Last edited:

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
Thank you! Yes, these are some evil posters designed to segregate humans and elves and to put a stop to humans breeding with elves. Most humans in Syl'anar see elves as animals due to government propaganda like this. They push false narratives that your children would somehow be inferior if you impregnated an Elf, thus leaving half elves with less rights than even elves which leads to a more exploitable labor force.

One caveat though, breeding with a Drow would actually result in a broken baby, if one at all. Think of it like a Tiger and Lion breeding. They are too far off biologically and were designed that way by me. Purple skin, no whites in the eyes, blinding day vision yet perfect dark vision and super strength are meant to show just how different they are. Still fairly intelligent, but not very cultured. A primitive species.
And I suppose the other caveat are Fairies. Obviously can't mate with them and I think the reasons are obvious enough.
I found out this year that I have Conquistador ancestors (and Headhunters) so my instant reaction to the first picture was, "I wonder if these savages have any precious metals that I can trade for some brightly colored ribbons?" God, I hope that it was an internal joke! :oops:

Nov 9, 2017
Previews of Harem Hotel v0.12 are here! I will be planning for one more week and then begin development!

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
As someone who's father fought against people who caught the racial purity bug its a little unnerving and feels kind of wrong. The blood thing is silly if genetics are anything like our own.

Last edited:

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Previews look awesome and really emphasise the fact elves live primitive lives and the need to improve this and garner them more freedom and rights being at the forefront of the story as of late makes sense seeing this. Its what looks a village... likely where were gonna start sending the slaves Nia saves to live peaceful anon lives (the ones weve not moved in obviously, i feel they are here to stay). Speaking of elves i wonder when we will get more on the mating day thing they respect in the common elves side of things... even Jin wears hers but its not been touched upon i think at all since the game first started. Perhaps this will be a thing Runey does when he next deep dives on revamping existing content or maybe even a future scene or two he has in mind of the pair of them especially with Elves being the majority of the main focus in his narrative direction as of late regarding most of the girls.

Also speaking of here to stay seems weve Moon moving in too (awesome!) and continues Runey focus on really fleshing out the hotel with more and more residents in recent patches so now it finally feels we have a full and successful hotel on our hands after all the updates and storylines. I approve and itll be great to see more of her on a day to day basis outside of her work environment. Last few updates have been everything from story progression, revamping of old content, to permanent new characters to even more dungeon content (yes!). Still my upmost desire is more Ellen and especially Jin (guess ive a thing for maturer characters lol) but you know something i dont even mind all these others getting a focus in the meantime as before any doubts ive had with mass adding in new characters had me weary how Runey would handle them all (and leave the others such as those two in background forgotten) weve seen hes handing it all effortlessly so im not fazed by all the new uni characters all of a sudden being added and getting focus too as seen with the purple haired activist chick in one of the preview shots. Im actually quite a fan of what ive seen of hers so far (she adds some comic relief) and im sure the others will show up in the next update too (given how heavily tied in to Androids and Khalis story theyve become after last update). The Twins being back at school was also like not an accident as it means more excuses to see more of the likes of Julia and Kate too.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Runey and TheDevian

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
I've just finished the story of all the characters. And, man, that was PERFECT! I'm usually pretty picky. But I loved all the characters in this game. I don't know how this is possible, but all the characters have quite deep backgrounds and personalities. Who knew little and crazy Ashley had such a sad past? Or why do she always make that teethy smile? I think this could be the best adult game I've ever played. I like that everything is so detailed and the variety of characters is too much. Now I only have one question in my head: will MC be able to fuck the girls at Kali's school?

Edit: Meanwhile, in various parts of the game, it is mentioned that MC will die one day. What if MC gets blood from an elf of the same blood type as his own? In this case, can MC live longer? (like an elf)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Kananartans

Kane_Freeman

Dec 10, 2020
I think you can solve this problem with the uncertain history of fairies. The elf queen may have cast a downsizing spell, the only spell she knew to enslave them. But since the Queen has spent all her magic power to cast the spell, she can no longer cast the spell. And other elves are born without the power of magic because they are not of royal descent. It would be great if MC could find a way to destroy the spell on the fairies. So the fairies would be freed from slavery.

DudePersonA

Aug 24, 2018
Thank you! Yes, these are some evil posters designed to segregate humans and elves and to put a stop to humans breeding with elves. Most humans in Syl'anar see elves as animals due to government propaganda like this. They push false narratives that your children would somehow be inferior if you impregnated an Elf, thus leaving half elves with less rights than even elves which leads to a more exploitable labor force.
Since your game narrative seems to deal both with racism against elves and also matters of labor, I'd suggest you take some inspiration from the early union labels with the , as theirs was early in the "look for the union label" movement and took a rather racist bent, as seen in and ("coolies" was a term for Chinese immigrants at the time). These labels would of course be found on their cigar boxes. I can most certainly imagine similar product labeling practices cropping up in your world emblazoned on various products, and for different reason (one group might support such practices as it protects Human jobs, as they oppose said exploited labor taking "good human jobs", while another group might support such labeling practices because they see products made by elf hands as "unclean" or effectively "not kosher".)

Oh, btw, as usual: great game, looking forward to next update.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian and Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
As someone who's father fought against people who caught the racial purity bug its a little unnerving and feels kind of wrong. The blood thing is silly if genetics are anything like our own.
These types of things should feel wrong to you! I'd be worried if they didn't... I'm definitely not trying to put these posters in a good light, and you'll see this more clearly when the event is done. This event specifically will shine a bright light on how this dark society views the 'other'. These types of ideals are popular though among Syl'anar's ill-informed populace (partly spear-headed by Cornwall) and is a part of how this society encourages slavery, which MC fights against.

Coming from a purely meta point of view, humans and (most)elves mating results in a child with a longer lifespan and more specialized eye sight when compared to humans. An elf would likely outlive their half elvish child though, which is a bit sad... But elves are essentially the key to a longer life span for humans. Something society is ignoring because they're a cheap source of labor, the rich get richer, and they made up some idea that elves are somehow inferior, soulless, godless, etc. Syl'anar's human society couldn't be more wrong here. You don't really hear Elves complaining that humans are reducing the life span of their children, do you?

Since your game narrative seems to deal both with racism against elves and also matters of labor, I'd suggest you take some inspiration from the early union labels with the , as theirs was early in the "look for the union label" movement and took a rather racist bent, as seen in and ("coolies" was a term for Chinese immigrants at the time). These labels would of course be found on their cigar boxes. I can most certainly imagine similar product labeling practices cropping up in your world emblazoned on various products, and for different reason (one group might support such practices as it protects Human jobs, as they oppose said exploited labor taking "good human jobs", while another group might support such labeling practices because they see products made by elf hands as "unclean" or effectively "not kosher".)

Oh, btw, as usual: great game, looking forward to next update.
I would go so far as to say all labor is done by elves if it isn't automated, except in the rare case of shops like Autumn's where, as they said, "advertise their place made by humans, for humans." The lack of elves working there is a selling point in their marketing campaigns. So while something like union labels on cigars wouldn't work well here, there is sort of already something like that in game! Thanks for the info though, I didn't know about these.

Most in Syl'anar see elves as literal work horses (specifically the men), so they expect their items to be created using their labor.

Last edited:

John E. Ringo

Apr 19, 2020
Hello everyone! Planning of v0.12 will begin very soon! Now is the best time to suggest content you would like to see, from story to general things. I'd like to include a love route event for Sylvia, a blowjob for moon, and perhaps even some Juliet content. What would you guys like to see?
Thanks for building a great game, Runey. Always look forward to where you're going to take the story/further build the back stories. I know I'm one of the outliers but I always begin every update from Day 1. It's an enjoyable journey every time, especially when you've done some fixes/updates of the earlier scenes.

I am loathe to suggest storylines, as I feel you are doing just fine on your own. I do like some of the recent play-through adds, such as the "sneak around" night time feature. It speeds up the game a bit (especially when playing from the beginning) and puts a bit more fun into it once the girls are more into their stories and are in the lobby or utility room more often (hence less available in their rooms like Android not being available in her room at all on Saturdays). In that vein, I'd suggest some of those open hotel area interactions should add to the girls' stats (for example, if Maria is riding a dildo in the Utility Room and you stop to watch, it should increase her sluttiness and/or exhibitionism). Not a big deal at all but as a "completist" I'd like to level them up as much as possible!

When inviting one of the girls to sleep with you at night, their affection should increase. To me, that's more affection-adding than watching TV or hanging out at the beach.

Now that Kali is in university and Lucy has taken over her pizzeria job, I think you should be able to vist Lucy at work. Might be a way to sneak in a bit of naughty time with her away from the hotel.

Any new Moon additions are very welcome, especially if she becomes a full-time resident. The preview pic of her is uber adorable. Same with the one of Vanessa in Kali's room. I dig her more than I thought I would at first.

More Hana would be fun, too, especially as some have suggested working her "hobby" into some fun storylines.

Again, thanks for the journey. I found this game on v0.5 and it's been a fun and emotional trip. Look forward to where we get to go next.

Omega Deose

Dec 24, 2018
i get this when i wanan load a save from 28.8 this year what is wrong with the game i dont wanan start form the beginning
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
Exception: Could not find return label (u'game/script.rpy', 1578429846, 100).

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 1600, in script call
Ҙ���V��ʹ4y�!�`FN0Ҭ7��
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3395, in script call
R'a�S�\R�R����VoA�1G�&ٶ�,B��g���q��,��}ͳ�,B�̝��<�=�x�P�x���|�do����D��j��H�~��׋`إrC�9�G�g��b�^Jõ*��Ep�OE��u/�x���e�~A#x�����~R��z~�}]��X~S.����ρ�-.Wk,�+�X��)��}�Vd��+���� v�Xn����^�(?�3/��0{/��r��_���û^�+���
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3512, in script call
P��J���m�Õ�9ʫ�43�G�H/�3e����c������6+r�p&x��Gx��pV<��!�#�@��׈6v��W���!������C�y�r��-�]�� �ґk��h�m�H۫������!��Z\��ȯ�q����,�\��ˢcd{�g��Za���Eo�fo�)���C]�fћuY�h�V��Zc+|[ wBx#�N*�<!<N���%� �;J�'��,QO�-��A7^n���
P��J���m�Õ�9ʫ�43�G�H/�3e����c������6+r�p&x��Gx��pV<��!�#�@��׈6v��W���!������C�y�r��-�]�� �ґk��h�m�H۫������!��Z\��ȯ�q����,�\��ˢcd{�g��Za���Eo�fo�)���C]�fћuY�h�V��Zc+|[ wBx#�N*�<!<N���%� �;J�'��,QO�-��A7^n���
R'a�S�\R�R����VoA�1G�&ٶ�,B��g���q��,��}ͳ�,B�̝��<�=�x�P�x���|�do����D��j��H�~��׋`إrC�9�G�g��b�^Jõ*��Ep�OE��u/�x���e�~A#x�����~R��z~�}]��X~S.����ρ�-.Wk,�+�X��)��}�Vd��+���� v�Xn����^�(?�3/��0{/��r��_���û^�+���
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3520, in script call
�l]ʞ�iS*<��L�]=4ӮTxhf���T;4s��X[��c����N��ٶ;L϶]%�ӹT=�֥���j�R��1;�X��j~�Vo~��w/�燻��[������4A�{��rn�O�IfX �ҷ4��p�83�+���q9�T�w�8!3,垅�O�y���;��];��4�~w���>�"��u�{�ĤR�yv��e�}������r*p��d�\���m��Я(��
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3495, in script call
��ڳӔ?F�`f��gxn�m�LG��>q�E������~��OI�q�#��w7��A\J�$�:�8��b���*)� ��!e/ե�L�vCUOq�=sIŦI��l���I�K���n���]�_'k:�����I�C����v��ڽ"~��G���E��
File "game/script.rpyc", line 30182, in script
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1505, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 680, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.11.2
Mon Dec 28 00:47:05 2020

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
i get this when i wanan load a save from 28.8 this year what is wrong with the game i dont wanan start form the beginning
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 1600, in script call
Ҙ���V��ʹ4y�!�`FN0Ҭ7��
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3520, in script call
�l]ʞ�iS*<��L�]=4ӮTxhf���T;4s��X[��c����N��ٶ;L϶]%�ӹT=�֥���j�R��1;�X��j~�Vo~��w/�燻��[������4A�{��rn�O�IfX �ҷ4��p�83�+���q9�T�w�8!3,垅�O�y���;��];��4�~w���>�"��u�{�ĤR�yv��e�}������r*p��d�\���m��Я(��
File "game/bar.rpyc", line 3495, in script call
��ڳӔ?F�`f��gxn�m�LG��>q�E������~��OI�q�#��w7��A\J�$�:�8��b���*)� ��!e/ե�L�vCUOq�=sIŦI��l���I�K���n���]�_'k:�����I�C����v��ڽ"~��G���E��
File "game/script.rpyc", line 30182, in script
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1505, in execute
next_node(renpy.game.context().lookup_return(pop=True))
File "C:\Users\user\Desktop\Harem_Hotel-v0.11.2-pc\renpy\execution.py", line 680, in lookup_return
raise Exception("Could not find return label {!r}.".format(self.return_stack[-1]))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.11.2
Mon Dec 28 00:47:05 2020
It looks like a corrupt download, download it again.

Reactions: Runey

Omega Deose

Dec 24, 2018
what would be nice if when more girl cna wake you up in the morning like ashley or felicity oh and maybe take emma and felicity both in the dungeon at the same time, emma is like a doggirl adn felicity like a catgirl it would make a good combination

Last edited:
Reactions: Runey
4.70 star(s) 449 Votes