zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
It depends on if she was programmed with the knowledge of how morality plays into relationships like that or the ability to learn that morality.

Making money, not making games. What I said was they have said they will allow making games off their assets, I never said making money was or was not involved nor does making a game automatically entail making money. Example, I am now in the planning stage of game development myself for a Koikatsu based game that will not only not be sold, but I am specifically forbidding the sale of as one of my terms for distribution. My pay for this project will be the experience I gain as a developer and that's it. While I am using Illusion assets, I am within Illusion's terms by not making money off of it, they never said I can't make anything else off of it.

Steam has been doing that since day one, they say they will allow adult content, but they specifically make developers who try to sell an adult game go through the hell of stripping all adult content out of the game itself and issuing an off site patch. This is why Illusion had to do so for Koikatsu and AI Shoujo, though Koikatsu specifically was more because of its school setting than the actual adult content part. AI Shoujo, however, does not have the school setting excuse.
Okay but then how would it be able to get on Steam using Honey Select? Barring all adult content, Harem Hotel still wouldn't be able to release on Steam because then they'd be making money off of it

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Okay but then how would it be able to get on Steam using Honey Select? Barring all adult content, Harem Hotel still wouldn't be able to release on Steam because then they'd be making money off of it
Easy, by stripping all adult content and putting it in a patch like every other game. As long as it is easily distinguishable from the main game its art comes from, it would be because these characters are not default characters, and no adult content is in the actual game files, this one is where the real problem is for heavily adult oriented games, they'll allow it.

In case you meant because Honey Select is an adult game itself, that is true, but content from the studio is only as adult as the creator of the project the studio is used for makes it. You can very easily make completely nonsexual content in the studio. Runey could literally make a picture of Lin standing there doing nothing and it isn't automatically adult content just because it was made using assets from an adult game.

In case you meant the making money part, since Steam is a platform for making money in the case of the developer side, another easy one. The developer would be making money off their game, not the assets.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Easy, by stripping all adult content and putting it in a patch like every other game. As long as it is easily distinguishable from the main game its art comes from, it would be because these characters are not default characters, and no adult content is in the actual game files, this one is where the real problem is for heavily adult oriented games, they'll allow it.

In case you meant because Honey Select is an adult game itself, that is true, but content from the studio is only as adult as the creator of the project the studio is used for makes it. You can very easily make completely nonsexual content in the studio. Runey could literally make a picture of Lin standing there doing nothing and it isn't automatically adult content just because it was made using assets from an adult game.

In case you meant the making money part, since Steam is a platform for making money in the case of the developer side, another easy one. The developer would be making money off their game, not the assets.
While this is really off topic, I believe your information is quite outdated, AFAIK Steam allows adult content now.

Now, can we get back to talking about which Lin is the best elf? :ROFLMAO:

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but the developer would still be making money off of using Honey Select in their game. Taking out the sexual content doesn't change that. Harem Hotel is a game made using Honey Select so unless Runey remade the game in Daz or something the game can't go on Steam because it'd be against the copyright

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
Maybe I'm misunderstanding you but the developer would still be making money off of using Honey Select in their game. Taking out the sexual content doesn't change that. Harem Hotel is a game made using Honey Select so unless Runey remade the game in Daz or something the game can't go on Steam because it'd be against the copyright
You misunderstood only one thing, those were two separate points. Taking out the adult content would satisfy Steam admins as far as having to make a patch for the Steam version, hypothetically speaking, to be restored as an adult game, it was not meant as part of the assets being Honey Select part. Making money off of the game itself is not making money off the assets or Illusion would have shut down many Patreon pages several years ago as Illusion assets are some of the most prevalent in Patreon projects. The way they seem to think, it is only making money off the assets if the ones provided as is from the start are used, at least that seems to make the most sense as to why they have not acted against any developer. I could actually see a couple projects getting hit on that basis, but this is not one.

While this is really off topic, I believe your information is quite outdated, AFAIK Steam allows adult content now.

Now, can we get back to talking about which Lin is the best elf? :ROFLMAO:
They say they do, but they made Illusion strip Koikatsu and AI Shoujo of adult content and give a patch as recently as 2020, when the AI Shoujo English version came out.

As far as which Lin is best elf, I would say the one currently sitting on her bed in what can best be described as a leaf/vine bikini in my game. I have to say that outfit is very fitting for a girl of one of the elven races, especially the main types like High Elves and her own type, less so Dark Elves and others like them, as they are often protrayed in media as being very nature oriented.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
1080-Photo_1621783540452.jpg
They say they do, but they made Illusion strip Koikatsu and AI Shoujo of adult content and give a patch as recently as 2020, when the AI Shoujo English version came out.

As far as which Lin is best elf, I would say the one currently sitting on her bed in what can best be described as a leaf/vine bikini in my game. I have to say that outfit is very fitting for a girl of one of the elven races, especially the main types like High Elves and her own type, less so Dark Elves and others like them, as they are often protrayed in media as being very nature oriented.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
Well, as my mother used to say, don't stress over it, it's only food. Lin started off messing up frozen pizza, and now she is teaching the rest of the cast to cook. ;)
I couldn't even be mad at her for that. I remember the first time I tried to microwave frozen pizza, I let it sit in there for too long and the crust felt like I was taking a bite out of drywall. I still feel the taste to this day.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
View attachment 1231253
The meme was not about you, just trying to stay on topic.
How about we talk about how Kali's tongue looks like a slice of strawberry?
That was an attempt to meme back, I'm not one to get into that very often, so it seems to have fallen flat.

As for Kali's tongue, too smooth, too light colored, and it isn't green at the top, but it IS in the right shape, so yeah, I can kind of see a strawberry there.

Am I the only one who wants to come up behind her and give her a big hug?
No, no you are not. She looks depressed and I REALLY don't like it on an emotional level. She needs a hug, badly.

Thank goodness, she got what she needed. That was quite the severe case of hug deficiency going on.

I couldn't even be mad at her for that. I remember the first time I tried to microwave frozen pizza, I let it sit in there for too long and the crust felt like I was taking a bite out of drywall. I still feel the taste to this day.
I'm usually the opposite, I usually end up microwaving leftovers on a specific day of the week because of scheduling and I usually end up eating them still partially cold. It makes me feel like I'm eating it raw straight from the freezer even though I'm not.

Gottafapyo

Dec 24, 2018
Any idea when the public release is coming out? I don't think I've missed an update on this page, last I remember it was being talked about for the end of May and I know the beta is out for $10 patrons.

I wanna see what happens further in Marias story, that was heartbreaking. Elf Lives Matter.

Edit: To be clear I don't wanna come off as "that guy" that we see in every damn thread, just wondering if there's news because I hadn't seen an update in the past dozen or so pages.

If I wasn't such a poor boy, Runey is one of few creators that I'd support. HH is dynamite.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Any idea when the public release is coming out? I don't think I've missed an update on this page, last I remember it was being talked about for the end of May and I know the beta is out for $10 patrons.

I wanna see what happens further in Marias story, that was heartbreaking. Elf Lives Matter.

Edit: To be clear I don't wanna come off as "that guy" that we see in every damn thread, just wondering if there's news because I hadn't seen an update in the past dozen or so pages.

If I wasn't such a poor boy, Runey is one of few creators that I'd support. HH is dynamite.
IIRC, one of the tests was just released to be tested, these are usually not complete, and I am not sure how much is left to be added, but that is about it.

You can also follow his discord to get info.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Gottafapyo

KamiKazoo

Jul 11, 2017

Last I checked on their Patreon, they just put out another beta-build.

I'm a former backer (had to stop due to financial reasons, planning on supporting again once I'm more stable), if I recall Runey's process correctly, it's usually an Alpha build, then about 2-3 beta builds, depending on how many bugs come up, then a patreon release, then a public one. Usually takes around a Month I think, depending on if there's any issues in the builds. So it could possibly be out sometime during the last half of this month or early July??? Just making a ballpark estimate here.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Now, my memory might be faulty (oh, it is), but IIRC, during Maria's level 6 lust event in the bar, it was a bit like Kali's downtown one, where if she cums, than you don't fuck her, and she 'edges' (which I guess doesn't make that much sense, now that I think about it, since the whole point was her not being able to cum, and Kali doesn't cum, she just dropped the egg), but it doesn't say (Finish Her / Edge) like the others do. Was that changed, or does that no longer happen?

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes