rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
More side characters will be coming, but I'm left confused as to what people want them to do.
How about more like the twins were / are with Ashley while they were at school. Not full stories, but still interactions be they good / bad with the main characters.
2nd example would be like Lin`s sister was when she appeared or the "Professional" trainer who confronted you & Lin in the clothes shop in the city ?

They would be my guesses. Would also like to return to the City occasionally as I think 2 or 3 of the other girls might enjoy that day trip.

Reactions: Runey

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
With most of the story and important things done for v0.5, I'm currently in the state of fitting in more stuff, and polishing the update. I've added an explanation of what traits and stats can do for those who have been asking questions. And I've remade Ashley's school so that you may go there whenever you'd like (As long as she's not suspended), for v0.5, it'll be barebones, but I want to add sex with Ashley there once she becomes an Exhibitionist.

I've also done this

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Squib2187

Aug 1, 2017
I have a question to ask.

People have chosen 'More side characters / more to do with side characters'

But 'Side Character Stories' is one of the lowest. I've also been told having characters exist just to fuck is bad. So now I'm confused, what do you want to do with side characters?
I think its probably people rejecting the "One time event" part that voting against more story with side characters

badnboujee

Jun 6, 2017
Can I suggest that a feature is added where once a certain trait is reached (like submissive or nympho or mega slut), some girls allow the MC to choose a personal pet name (that the girl would call the MC)? I know that the Android and Lin allow this feature right now, but I wonder if the feature could be implemented for the other girls as well. Keep up the great work! Thanks for being so active on this forum.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Can I suggest that a feature is added where once a certain trait is reached (like submissive or nympho or mega slut), some girls allow the MC to choose a personal pet name (that the girl would call the MC)? I know that the Android and Lin allow this feature right now, but I wonder if the feature could be implemented for the other girls as well. Keep up the great work! Thanks for being so active on this forum.
Hm, I like that idea. And it's easily implementable.

I think if you get the submissive trait, an option that unlocks that allows you to give them a pet name (Or rename them) would work just fine. You could easily rename them back to their original name of course. But, them giving you a name would not be possible.

geemergary

Aug 12, 2017
I have a question to ask.

People have chosen 'More side characters / more to do with side characters'

But 'Side Character Stories' is one of the lowest. I've also been told having characters exist just to fuck is bad. So now I'm confused, what do you want to do with side characters?
All I can say for sure is that I voted for both options. I have two theories for others.

First, perhaps some people didn't think they could vote for more than 1 or 2 options, and they thought that "more to do" and "more story" were redundant, so they only voted for one.

Second, perhaps some people were worried that voting for "more story" would elevate the side characters to more main character levels of involvement. I know I would like some sexy fun with the side characters (more to do), but that I don't want sex without story (more story), but I also don't want the side characters to over-shadow the main characters. Perhaps it is this last stumbling block that prohibited some people from voting for both options.

Of course, anything I say is wild speculation but those would be my theories.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
But, them giving you a name would not be possible.
Wouldn't it? As he says, that's currently implemented for two of the girls. I would have thought that expanding it to the others would be fairly simple (if possibly time consuming to cover events from previous versions).

Another possibility would be that the girls could have fetishes that are unlocked when they trust you enough. There are some hints of that already - Kali calls you "Daddy" during one scene, IIRC. Maybe when you progress far enough with her, she could ask to introduce that kind of play and the player would have the choice to enable that content or not (in case they aren't into that). This would give the girls a bit more character (not to suggest that they lack character, but not all of them have distinct preferences for sexual play).

UnDeaD_CyBorG

Apr 6, 2018
The poll sure showed a lot of options that aren't exactly excluding each other.
In some cases, it takes some reading and careful thought to figure out where exactly the line is, or even "what's the difference?".
There is of course the chance that those partaking in the poll and those answering here are completely different demographics.
... so - what will you do?

Sion.Savior

May 6, 2017
First of all I'm sorry, I don't speak native English as you've certainly noticed.

Personally I would have various ideas ... but they wouldn't really fit in any category but much more in all categories of voting.

That's why I'm writing down some ideas here. Maybe they are useful maybe not.

So I personally would design the story so that the main character slowly but surely tries to figure out what his grandfather / predecessor (who had the hotel before) was actually doing. Say the backgrounds of Ellen, explore Sophia.
Are all the secrets of the grandfather revealed? Are there any hidden rooms?
So I imagine if I were to build a "harem" hotel or found one I would have hidden rooms and secret passages as owner and master. Maybe I even have a pack with a demon / succubus.
Why does the android exist? Where does the technology come from? Why was it created? I know that a few questions have already been answered... but is that all already? As a predecessor, I would certainly not have given the androids everything in terms of memories or information.

Why do all the girls become obedient in the hotel? Is this perhaps a magical place? I mean, it's practically impossible that you can have an affair with all the girls without them being annoyed.

We already know that a few and maybe a few scenes should be added... I stay at the bar for now. If the bar and the girl intended for it are added, one could take the opportunity and perhaps let a second, third or fourth party join in, i.e. a rival or competition. Or do you think that other hotels will just watch while you / or we grow? Spies? Maybe the spies fall in love with us, maybe not. Then the twins or the elves could become our Personal Bodyguards (haha funny idea). Anyway, what would be a good idea would be to have the little sister (petite, lolicon, incest hr hr) come to our help and move into the hotel. (for not lovers of incest etc... it could be the best girlfriend... I'm sure also the main character has friends in his prehistory who he can trust).

You could also integrate an attic as well as several adjacent buildings with different functions. There is a darkroom but is there also a basement or technical room? A (Japanese) garden could also be built in... Of course with all possible scenes.

Personally I think that the sister and the bar girl offer a lot of material for new scenes at least if I pursue my idea with the other competitors. Sister heart could fall in love with the MC, bar girl which is actually a spy as well. There could be some research about the grandfather and why he founded the hotel... there could be much more behind it than is obvious so far. Why was the MC chosen as the new master? Is it related to his ancestry? Why does he have elves as employees? (I know something has already been said but is that really the reason?)

As a side story, there could be more details about why the girls ended up with him of all people, so with him in the hotel. The previous stories are already partly told but I think they were a bit superficial. So I am of the opinion that the depth is missing.
This is an example for the continuation of a side story:
For example Kali and her sister. Since the two look alike, you could start here and have an affair with the sister. That offers the possibility that the MC either grabs Kali or the sister or maybe even both.
Then it could be explained why Kali's sister still lives at home and why Kali argued with her parents. More precisely, perhaps even from the point of view of the sister or the parents. Was there a family drama? So I mean a drama that maybe hasn't been told yet and that this drama was the trigger for what Kali now has towards her parents. Yes I know the father threw Kali out and it is said that Kali will be 1 more year in the hotel. But couldn't it be that the father secretly had an affair with your sister? Maybe that's why Kali was thrown out and maybe that's why he was looking for the affair with the MC? I mean, Kali wouldn't admit that and the sister wouldn't either. Maybe she was blackmailed. Maybe Kali's sister could run away and come to the hotel. A family drama. And bit by bit the veils lift.

Something comparable could also be done with the other roommates. The best thing about it is that it can be extended to all sides. No matter if there are more parties or secrets surrounding the MC and the grandfather, the location of the hotel, etc.

It is not even limited to the hotel itself. In addition, there could be still each quantity coworkers and competitors.
Here are a few keywords: massage, (real) cooks, a page, gardener, housekeeper, servant, cleaner, bodyguards (where also the girls can be), librarian (with library) and much more.

Anyway, I have lots of ideas because I also create "worlds" and write stories. If who has lust he / she / it can ask me.

But as I said when a new character is added I would now bring the (little) (petite, lolicon, incest) sister into the game and make it a 2 next to "main role". Since the sister could slowly get the backgrounds on the trail by snooping around with the girls as well as in the past of the hotel and the competition and thus gets a deeper story.
Ok I stop here first of all with my text...

Leave me a message if there are still questions.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
First of all I'm sorry, I don't speak native English as you've certainly noticed.

Personally I would have various ideas ... but they wouldn't really fit in any category but much more in all categories of voting.

So I personally would design the story so that the main character slowly but surely tries to figure out what his grandfather / predecessor (who had the hotel before) was actually doing. Say the backgrounds of Ellen, explore Sophia.
So I imagine if I were to build a "harem" hotel or found one I would have hidden rooms and secret passages as owner and master. Maybe I even have a pack with a demon / succubus.
Why does the android exist? Where does the technology come from? Why was it created? I know that a few questions have already been answered... but is that all already? As a predecessor, I would certainly not have given the androids everything in terms of memories or information.

Why do all the girls become obedient in the hotel? Is this perhaps a magical place? I mean, it's practically impossible that you can have an affair with all the girls without them being annoyed.

We already know that a few and maybe a few scenes should be added... I stay at the bar for now. If the bar and the girl intended for it are added, one could take the opportunity and perhaps let a second, third or fourth party join in, i.e. a rival or competition. Or do you think that other hotels will just watch while you / or we grow? Spies? Maybe the spies fall in love with us, maybe not. Then the twins or the elves could become our Personal Bodyguards (haha funny idea). Anyway, what would be a good idea would be to have the little sister (petite, lolicon, incest hr hr) come to our help and move into the hotel. (for not lovers of incest etc... it could be the best girlfriend... I'm sure also the main character has friends in his prehistory who he can trust).

You could also integrate an attic as well as several adjacent buildings with different functions. There is a darkroom but is there also a basement or technical room? A (Japanese) garden could also be built in... Of course with all possible scenes.

Personally I think that the sister and the bar girl offer a lot of material for new scenes at least if I pursue my idea with the other competitors. Sister heart could fall in love with the MC, bar girl which is actually a spy as well. There could be some research about the grandfather and why he founded the hotel... there could be much more behind it than is obvious so far. Why was the MC chosen as the new master? Is it related to his ancestry? Why does he have elves as employees? (I know something has already been said but is that really the reason?)

As a side story, there could be more details about why the girls ended up with him of all people, so with him in the hotel. The previous stories are already partly told but I think they were a bit superficial. So I am of the opinion that the depth is missing.
For example Kali and her sister. Since the two look alike, you could start here and have an affair with the sister. That offers the possibility that the MC either grabs Kali or the sister or maybe even both.
Then it could be explained why Kali's sister still lives at home and why Kali argued with her parents. More precisely, perhaps even from the point of view of the sister or the parents. Was there a family drama? So I mean a drama that maybe hasn't been told yet and that this drama was the trigger for what Kali now has towards her parents. Yes I know the father threw Kali out and it is said that Kali will be 1 more year in the hotel. But couldn't it be that the father secretly had an affair with your sister? Maybe that's why Kali was thrown out and maybe that's why he was looking for the affair with the MC? I mean, Kali wouldn't admit that and the sister wouldn't either. Maybe she was blackmailed. Maybe Kali's sister could run away and come to the hotel. A family drama. And bit by bit the veils lift.

Something comparable could also be done with the other roommates. The best thing about it is that it can be extended to all sides. No matter if there are more parties or secrets surrounding the MC and the grandfather, the location of the hotel, etc.

It is not even limited to the hotel itself. In addition, there could be still each quantity coworkers and competitors.
Here are a few keywords: massage, (real) cooks, a page, gardener, housekeeper, servant, cleaner, bodyguards (where also the girls can be), librarian (with library) and much more.

Anyway, I have lots of ideas because I also create "worlds" and write stories. If who has lust he / she / it can ask me.

But as I said when a new character is added I would now bring the (little) (petite, lolicon, incest) sister into the game and make it a 2 next to "main role". Since the sister could slowly get the backgrounds on the trail by snooping around with the girls as well as in the past of the hotel and the competition and thus gets a deeper story.

Some of the ideas I like, others not so much. Also since there are 2 empty rooms on the second floor why is kali`s sister still sharing, it`d make more sense to let her have an empty room until it`s needed for a paying guest.

Sion.Savior

May 6, 2017
Some of the ideas I like, others not so much. Also since there are 2 empty rooms on the second floor why is kali`s sister still sharing, it`d make more sense to let her have an empty room until it`s needed for a paying guest.
Well, first of all. I have never said that these empty rooms must be empty. Of course you can put a few characters there before that. Besides, I went according to the previous course. In the previous course shared Kalis sister still a room with her sister. But nobody said that this can't change. This means that Kali either gets her own room or continues to share the room with Kali. I personally think that the two of them should continue to share the room. If I introduced myself as a sister I would want that too.

Furthermore my ideas were only suggestions for the further course. I didn't say that it had to be that way. So that means that other characters could show up in the meantime that I don't know about yet so "paying quest" can happen in the meantime.

As I indicated before, there are a lot of things you could do ... I just followed a certain logic without going into details. If I would do that then I would write a whole book here (After all, I do not get paid XD). So please excuse my shortcomings and gaps. Of course, in the meantime more things have to happen but I have no time span with specified or a sequence or similar or?

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Also since there are 2 empty rooms on the second floor why is kali`s sister still sharing, it`d make more sense to let her have an empty room until it`s needed for a paying guest.
I believe the reason Kali's sister Lucia shares a room with Kali and doesn't get her own is simply because she isn't a main character, Only the main cast get their own rooms side characters do not, I think that's all there is to it.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
I believe the reason Kali's sister Lucia shares a room with Kali and doesn't get her own is simply because she isn't a main character, Only the main cast get their own rooms side characters do not, I think that's all there is to it.
Yes I know, just seems more sensible to let her have a room until more main characters do come along.
IDK, maybe it`s just me overthinking it, as usual

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
Well, first of all. I have never said that these empty rooms must be empty. Of course you can put a few characters there before that. Besides, I went according to the previous course. In the previous course shared Kalis sister still a room with her sister. But nobody said that this can't change. This means that Kali either gets her own room or continues to share the room with Kali. I personally think that the two of them should continue to share the room. If I introduced myself as a sister I would want that too.

Furthermore my ideas were only suggestions for the further course. I didn't say that it had to be that way. So that means that other characters could show up in the meantime that I don't know about yet so "paying quest" can happen in the meantime.

As I indicated before, there are a lot of things you could do ... I just followed a certain logic without going into details. If I would do that then I would write a whole book here (After all, I do not get paid XD). So please excuse my shortcomings and gaps. Of course, in the meantime more things have to happen but I have no time span with specified or a sequence or similar or?
I do understand that & was in no way complaining about what you wrote, I just went with my personal preferences on your suggestions. As to your shortcomings etc, as far as I am concerned you have none to excuse. As I said my thought & preferences differ from yours, no disrespect was intended :)

Reactions: Hones

Sion.Savior

May 6, 2017
I do understand that & was in no way complaining about what you wrote, I just went with my personal preferences on your suggestions. As to your shortcomings etc, as far as I am concerned you have none to excuse. As I said my thought & preferences differ from yours, no disrespect was intended :)
No Problem everything is fine ;)

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Wouldn't it? As he says, that's currently implemented for two of the girls. I would have thought that expanding it to the others would be fairly simple (if possibly time consuming to cover events from previous versions).

Another possibility would be that the girls could have fetishes that are unlocked when they trust you enough. There are some hints of that already - Kali calls you "Daddy" during one scene, IIRC. Maybe when you progress far enough with her, she could ask to introduce that kind of play and the player would have the choice to enable that content or not (in case they aren't into that). This would give the girls a bit more character (not to suggest that they lack character, but not all of them have distinct preferences for sexual play).
All characters that aren't the maids call you [name] in the code. It is possible, but hard enough that I won't ever do it. But there are a couple ways of doing it.

For example, Ashley calls you [name]. If you have her call you something else, [name] would need to be equal to [petnamefromash]. But, that can't be done, because Ashley would be renaming you. All the other girls would call you that as well.

Another way, I would split all of Ashley's events into 2, one reality where she calls you [name], and one reality where she calls you [petnamefromash]. This way, the others would still be calling you by your name. But, now I would also have to double all of the other girls events...

It's much easier to give the girls pet names. And the other girls would still be calling her Ashley. On the dialog box, I would just change her name from "Ashley" to "[ashname]. [ashname] would be equal to "Ashley" until the player wants to rename [ashname] to something else.

Learning about your grandfather and Ellen is something that will be done through Ellen's story. She won't be a main character, but she will have some story.

There are no magical creatures in Harem Hotel, no demons, no succubi, no vampires.

I can't remember if this was ever talked about before v0.5, but, without any spoilers, Android's are just robot Elves basically. They're more expensive than Elves, but they can do way more than Elves, and last much longer. A lot of people have Androids.

The girls become obedient because the MC says all the right things. A lot of these girls are broken messes with bad pasts, they just need some love.

The nation HH takes place in is a tourist hot spot. Hotels, apartments, pretty much anything that isn't a permanent homestead is very popular. The Nation HH takes place in is the most technologically advances place on the planet due to Elves, mostly. Free labor boosted the nation a lot, and only in the last couple of decades was free labor replaced with cheap labor, and the Elves Rights. All of this cheap labor allowed to technology to grow, like Androids.

At the very beginning of the game, your grandfather says "As my only male heir, a gift, and a responsibility falls unto you." As said in Lin's story, elves are cheap labor. If you can hire and Elf, you're going to hire an Elf.

"As a side story, there could be more details about why the girls ended up with him of all people" I'm not quite sure what you mean under this paragraph, but Lucia did not have a relationship with their father. Lucia was a virgin when you met her. And their father is always gone, their mom is dead. Kali dislikes Lucia because she's annoying, always wanting to do stuff.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
As Hones said, rooms are for main characters, not side characters. Giving Lucia a room would mean I would have to make her a room. All rooms are made specifically for the character's in them.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
I really wish the punch option had worked with that slave owner. When I finally figured out how to invite Lin to sleep in my bed at night I picked just sleep (as that slave owner event had just happened), is the lewd option meant to be a one off thing because now it doesn't appear we just go straight to sleep every time.

Edit - And as your here thanks for making a great game Runey.

Reactions: Runey

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
I really wish the punch option had worked with that slave owner. When I finally figured out how to invite Lin to sleep in my bed at night I picked just sleep (as that slave owner event had just happened), is the lewd option meant to be a one off thing because now it doesn't appear we just go straight to sleep every time.
Yes the lewd option with Lin seems to be just a onetime thing, but sometimes she sleeps in her leaf outfit and stuff which is adorable, I wish there were other outfits she could wear to bed.

rogue886

Aug 21, 2017
As Hones said, rooms are for main characters, not side characters. Giving Lucia a room would mean I would have to make her a room. All rooms are made specifically for the character's in them.
Main characters are what I meant by "Paying Guests" I was not suggesting it was a permanent assignment of a room :)

4.70 star(s) 447 Votes