Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Idk if it's worth bringing up at all, but Autumn's level 22 event
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
for me happened way after the actual
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Usually the game is pretty good about making sure to stop and send you to another characters story so they make sense chronologically, so I just thought I'd mention it. Maybe Lin's story should halt until you've gotten to that scene in Autumn's? Not really a big deal either way.
I usually either lock things behind the required events, or write them in a way where either can be seen in whatever order. I don't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but I think it may make enough sense that Jia attempts to wed Jack Rider and then shortly after also makes that announcement about how good Gaianism is and all that. If it doesn't though, I'll look into a solution.

Aug 9, 2018
I usually either lock things behind the required events, or write them in a way where either can be seen in whatever order. I don't remember the specifics off the top of my head, but I think it may make enough sense that Jia attempts to wed Jack Rider and then shortly after also makes that announcement about how good Gaianism is and all that. If it doesn't though, I'll look into a solution.
Well the thing is that Jia specifically says she's just beginning to look for a husband and that humans and elves are eligible, (which seems to shock the public) so it's pretty clearly before she's chosen Rider and therefore the wedding event. Again, it didn't bother me at all, but just something I thought i'd mention if it's something that interests you as the dev.

EDIT- Also, does anyone know if either of the ouftits Autumn bought (like the goth one) are in the game yet?

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I made a rough roadmap for HH. Nothing is set in stone, and things are likely to move around

---------
V0.16:

Kate and Juliet in the hot springs, repeatable.
:cool: Anything with more Juliet is a win in my book.
Add garden, Jin works there.
-Extra income, sell Tinu, Lust cheat, experience (stat) gain.
-Requires maintenance from PC until Jin is hired.
-(Bug Spray, fertilizer)
-Poison for Nia?
Interesting idea. As a side note, it is best to water in the evening, so the water can soak in better, evaporates more quickly in the day.

IIRC, you said Tinu is legal, so that is nice.

Might consider waiting until Jin has been 'cured', though maybe not, since Tinu is a lust thing, she might still be into it when she is on the hormones. hummm... It could be that she is just into it in general, or maybe we could use it to help her get over the hormone cravings, by not only giving her a hobby, but a way to help her relax, and feel more like her old self, without screwing with her physiology. Yeah, I lean toward making that part of her arc...

Could have a number of 'poisons', with various effects, like a sleep powder for example, knockout gas, paralysis, that kind of thing ...you know, since killing is not her goal. Maybe even something with the Tinu, like a lust bomb, she could drop it in the room, and the guards would start making out with whoever was closest, starting guard orgies so she can get passed them. :p She would just need a gas mask and to stay hidden from those people... :ROFLMAO:
REMAKES:
-Remake Kali’s boobjob, add new story event.
Oh, man, I have been hoping for that boob job for a while, but I keep forgetting about it.. Mentioned it once or twice a long time ago, but that was before you started remaking things.
Fix early game emptiness, give PC more to do by himself.
-Repair the hotel?
-Exploring the world? (Cafe, beach, City, visual exposition)
-Earn money somehow (PC gigs?)
-Remake “Wear this…” options in kitchen (Lin)
Interesting... Small tasks, I like it.

Would be nice to go to more places, talk to some other people...

Could combine it with the first one, and have more add-ons to the hotel, like a restaurant, or just start serving more food in the bar, more rooms where nameless people stay for more income and make it more like an actual hotel, of course the stripper pole in the bar, or any other little amenity like that, that might bring in more income.

Still hoping we can 'upgrade' them all to naked apron one day, maybe you go into the kitchen or laundry one day, and Lin or Android is there, they had gotten the maid uniform dirty, and were only wearing the apron, as they wait for the dress part to get clean, and there could be a little sex scene, and they both decide that it would be fun to do that more often. Requires the Exhibitionist and (Mega)Slut traits...? /shrug
---------
V0.17:

Steam release?
Make all sex optional
Felicity and Emma Lust content
Expand “How are you?” (Say something about recent event(s))
Remake Android’s exhibitionism
Double pinup expansions.
Random events in bar?
-Hire singers, bands?
-Hire strippers?
-Bachelorette party?
Love this idea.
I hope we can get some of the girls to do some stripping too, lust events, exhibitionism, punishments, sanctuary elves, etc...
V0.19:

Add strip poker minigame to the bar. A way to gamble money and pass some time.
Training expansions. At least 2, maybe 4 extra scenes for dungeon and exhibitionism content
Niiiiiiiiiice.... XD
house-party-gif-1.gif
---------
V0.20:

Autumn’s lust content
Need an event at her church, maybe one at the cafe, perhaps level 9 could unlock anal? Want to see something with those anal beads too, maybe some dungeon content? Since that fits the whole guilt thing they seem to believe in, that should be coming soon as well, I would think...
New main character
Let the speculation begin! XD
---------

What do you guys think? I'm sure I'm missing a lot of things. Also story content isn't included because that's a given.
I would like to see more lust events, and maybe even options for level 9, so it is more fun to repeat?
Most notable results from the polls

1.People are very interested in Lin's story continuing, not as interested in seeing sexual content.
We all love are fun moments with Lin, but her story is the backbone of the game, and some variant of it should be there til the end, IMO. Even once slavery is over, her story needs to continue, following whatever she does next. In many ways, it could be argued that she is the main character of the game.
2. Kali enjoyers are basic and they are as equally pumped for story as they are sexual content
Basic?
Do like her story, as well as the others, but her sex scenes always hit me the hardest. Her and I are just the most compatible in almost every way.
3. Autumn outweighs everyone on the polls, people are the most excited to see her development (which is actually surprising to me, in a good way). They are much more interested in her sexual development. But both Sex and Story are the highest in the polls
Well, it is hard not to love a pretty redhead, and let's be honest, her exhibitionism scenes were stellar.
7. More people want to fuck the fairies than Juliet (AKA who?)
Juliet was 6th in the side girl poll though, and considering she has basically no content, that is pretty damn high. lol

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
IIRC, you said Tinu is legal, so that is nice.

Might consider waiting until Jin has been 'cured', though maybe not, since Tinu is a lust thing, she might still be into it when she is on the hormones. hummm... It could be that she is just into it in general, or maybe we could use it to help her get over the hormone cravings, by not only giving her a hobby, but a way to help her relax, and feel more like her old self, without screwing with her physiology. Yeah, I lean toward making that part of her arc...
Tinu doesn't make you hornier, it's basically a milder form of marijuana.

We all love are fun moments with Lin, but her story is the backbone of the game, and some variant of it should be there til the end, IMO. Even once slavery is over, her story needs to continue, following whatever she does next. In many ways, it could be argued that she is the main character of the game.
I'm not sure if I would describe Lin's story as being the backbone of the game, I would say oppression is. This theme is common among every main character's story, and in most of the side character's as well. They all suffer in some form under the current system, some more than others, and they all want justice.

But I think the elf thing may be what people notice most of since it leaks into many other story events and is maybe the most unique and loved theme.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Tinu doesn't make you hornier, it's basically a milder form of marijuana.

I'm not sure if I would describe Lin's story as being the backbone of the game, I would say oppression is. This theme is common among every main character's story, and in most of the side character's as well. They all suffer in some form under the current system, some more than others, and they all want justice.

But I think the elf thing may be what people notice most of since it leaks into many other story events and is maybe the most unique and loved theme.
I must have misread it then, thought you said that one of the uses was going to be for boosting the lust score.

Exactly, that is what I mean, Lin's story seems to permeate the most others, even when it is not directly linked, since her story is about ending elf slavery, and that is part of most of the others. Ashley is trying to find/rescue Ren, an elf slave. Kali is working on the elf bots, to help make people less dependent on the elf slaves. All the elves obviously tie in. Maria's new story is now linked to it. There are some small parts linked to Autumn, since Jia's story is linked to the church, and that is also part of the elf slavery plot. And it is Lin who helped inspire some of that.

About the only ones not at least slightly linked to the elf slavery plot right now are Emma, Felicity, and Android.

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Been poring over the Runey roadmap - a new main character? Wow, even as late in the game as 0.20 your planning a new permanent resident? Clearly some very long term plans are still in place so there is much to look forward to there (and im making an assumption it is a completely new one be it the long mentioned sister or even the old wheelchair girl concept you once had).

As for the rest ill have to see myself where i stand with garden content as it could still be in all likelyhood to still prompt players to focusing on buying bar and upgrades before divulging in other expenses and i dare say theyll want costumes, slaves etc ASAP but if its a tidy if inferior upgrade revenue wise it could be a nice gap to bridge between relying on guest income to full bar revenue. Obviously im fully endorsing more Jin content and i suppose of being an elf should mean she has an affinity for horticulture unless that is some sort of racist stereotype vs common elves lol. I would even suggest using the fairies here as well - if player has progressed the story enough to have them at the hotel it could benefit them elsewhere as you cant do much with them in their current state (outside of much hyped sexy time content haha)

Still speaking of Jin im not sure if was itmy recent suggestion which prompted it or not but i suggested she would be great as a stripper to add revenue and bar content. Obv with above the direction she has gone above instead i still think you could perhaps lean on the elven slaves to cover that role - by which i mean blue room elves, if perhaps buying slaves and their home is a big investment to newer players to recoup outside of a certain story event donation then perhaps this coupled with the garden from the release prior to this will be a nice return for their investment and of course it could give opportunity to see them in more content via other characters with Moon and Maria naturally coming to mind, Ellen perhaps too perhaps as prominent bar related characters. Money seems to be the thing new players most gripe about in all honesty that ive seen around here so between garden and bar getting even more upgrades that'll likely be gone for good.

As for bands... certainly but why not wait till following update if your planning to add more tracks to add bands. That way you can use them as a sort of interactive jukebox to feature fave tracks at will? Not sure who the Hen (bachelorette) party would be aimed at given characters we've met though - NPCs? i guess you could have the university girls linger there now and again as students and booze ups are a natural match made in heaven and excuse to get to know them without waiting for plotlines of main characters to develop them entirely. Random events? sure that could be fun - especially if you feature some unexpected familiar faces - The hot always sleepy pizza girl visits Lucy and Kali at the bar? you old rival slave owner brings his Drow for some trademark misunderstanding and sassy putdowns of the poor idiot? hell even an easter egg cameo visit from a very vampire looking stranger and so on - yeah there is potential there for some fun random events.

As for things not mentioned but i would like to see out with my previous post which listed more desired story and sex content - Sylvia maid content first and foremost. The fans asked for more sex with her in polls yeah? She can do similar to Lin and Android when in kitchen i suppose. More shower scenes - doesnt have to even be animated sex scenes (though be great excuse to) but at this point at least once a day there should be a second shower user as you've five slaves, Hana and Lucy as permanent residents and we know from story events Ellen uses that shower too so i would assume we should be able to sneak a peek like naughty MCs that we are whilst they're butt naked and of course it adds to immersion.

Obviously more dungeon content is fantastic (you mentioned more in your roadmap but as an expansion so im guessing more for the main girls already featured down there) however to be even MORE greedy id also like to see more girls down there as they'd make great sense given their kinks and persona such as a the return of a certain sex addicted elf we know is already queen of BDSM from old events in the game or perhaps a certain uni student who seems to have a not so secret love of ropes and bondage or perhaps even a certain hentai guest looking to expand her horizons for more ideas for her art?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
So I installed the mod and it installed without any errors. Started a clean save with this mod. even got the daddy thingy to work, but after that I see nothing... No cheat menu, no walkthroughs in dialouges, no custom walkthrough for girls. Absolutely nothing. As to my understanding, there should be a mod button(Lain's Mod) but I dont see it. Anyone knows whats wrong?
Just to make sure, follow the directions form this post to make sure you did it correctly:
https://f95zone.to/threads/harem-hotel-v0-15-1-public-runey.12760/post-7943678

Reactions: TheDevian

Mathesar

Mar 20, 2018

I'm not sure I'd say her plot line is the main or primary one, but it certainly seems to be leading the others. The various plot threads are gradually linking into the building revolution and Lin is both at the heart of that and further along that line of development than the others. Not that I have a problem with this. Lin for president of New Syl'anar!

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Been poring over the Runey roadmap - a new main character? Wow, even as late in the game as 0.20 your planning a new permanent resident? Clearly some very long term plans are still in place so there is much to look forward to there (and im making an assumption it is a completely new one be it the long mentioned sister or even the old wheelchair girl concept you once had).
Well, there is that empty room, and there used to be plans for another floor, which may or may not happen. It was just that he reached the end of the number of main stories he can manage at one time.

Reactions: rKnight and Skode

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
Well, there is that empty room, and there used to be plans for another floor, which may or may not happen. It was just that he reached the end of the number of main stories he can manage at one time.
Oh i completely understand he was trying to balance so many stories being done at the same time and its actually kinda admirable that he not only juggled eight main characters and still found time to really start developing the side characters as well (Jin, Ellen, Moon etc all have dedicated storylines too). It was just more surprising than anything else i thought he was done with adding main characters after the things you said had to be put on back burner to focus on other things. It will be interesting to see who it is and how she comes across as she unlike everyone else now will have to meet and bond with the whole cast as well as of course the MC who will then have to work on her so he can eventually have his way with her as per par for course (no main character will not be part of the harem in a game called Harem Hotel lol).

I'm starting to really think it'll be the sister as she will have to need less development bond wise with the MC and given how late she's coming into the story she can slot in much more comfortably than someone else with no current stake in the events of the game assuming again she's a brand new character. The other girls knowing he is their future hubbies sister will of course all be desperate to interact with her too perhaps much quicker that anyone else who they might even be guarded against given they have lots to lose harbouring secret freed slaves and are scheming to free elven kind in full despite resistance to some of them even including assassination attempts. Still thats just conjecture and for all we know with Runey happy enough at where story has progressed (and with the pre-existing content as hes been actively changing some of it for some time now) perhaps we will indeed up with three floors of harem hotties lol (hell we kinda have already at this point with all the girls were seeing regular despite not having dedicated rooms at the hotel).

Corvus Belli

Nov 25, 2017
What I mean is, for the longest time, the character is seen as a human, and nothing in the game would indicate, or hint, or foreshadow otherwise
That's demonstrably false. You might not have picked up on any of the hints that she was a half-elf, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I knew/heavily suspected that she was a half-elf about three/four years ago.
Here's a screenshot of a conversation I had with Runey in 2019.
Screenshot (205).png
If "nothing in the game would indicate" that she wasn't human, how would I have deduced that? Is it possible that you just weren't paying enough attention to spot the clues?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Oh i completely understand he was trying to balance so many stories being done at the same time and its actually kinda admirable that he not only juggled eight main characters and still found time to really start developing the side characters as well (Jin, Ellen, Moon etc all have dedicated storylines too). It was just more surprising than anything else i thought he was done with adding main characters after the things you said had to be put on back burner to focus on other things. It will be interesting to see who it is and how she comes across as she unlike everyone else now will have to meet and bond with the whole cast as well as of course the MC who will then have to work on her so he can eventually have his way with her as per par for course (no main character will not be part of the harem in a game called Harem Hotel lol).

I'm starting to really think it'll be the sister as she will have to need less development bond wise with the MC and given how late she's coming into the story she can slot in much more comfortably than someone else with no current stake in the events of the game assuming again she's a brand new character. The other girls knowing he is their future hubbies sister will of course all be desperate to interact with her too perhaps much quicker that anyone else who they might even be guarded against given they have lots to lose harbouring secret freed slaves and are scheming to free elven kind in full despite resistance to some of them even including assassination attempts. Still thats just conjecture and for all we know with Runey happy enough at where story has progressed (and with the pre-existing content as hes been actively changing some of it for some time now) perhaps we will indeed up with three floors of harem hotties lol (hell we kinda have already at this point with all the girls were seeing regular despite not having dedicated rooms at the hotel).
The sister seems low likelihood to me... Based on what we know, and what he has said (assuming my memory isn't failing me again), it won't be someone who is in the game already and the incest thing makes the sister harder, so I am guessing Wheelie is the most likely.
For some reason, I just feel like the sister should be the maid for the next floor. Maybe because she might work there to earn her room and board, and as a way to be near her brother.
That's demonstrably false. You might not have picked up on any of the hints that she was a half-elf, but that doesn't mean they weren't there. I knew/heavily suspected that she was a half-elf about three/four years ago.
Here's a screenshot of a conversation I had with Runey in 2019.
View attachment 1773340
If "nothing in the game would indicate" that she wasn't human, how would I have deduced that? Is it possible that you just weren't paying enough attention to spot the clues?
There also used to be that hint with the scars on her ears, though I think that has changed now, or maybe only after you know. I need to do that again with an older save...

Reactions: c3p0

Skode

Mar 9, 2020
The sister seems low likelihood to me... Based on what we know, and what he has said (assuming my memory isn't failing me again), it won't be someone who is in the game already and the incest thing makes the sister harder, so I am guessing Wheelie is the most likely.
For some reason, I just feel like the sister should be the maid for the next floor. Maybe because she might work there to earn her room and board, and as a way to be near her brother.
Well there is that hurdle but then we already have family fun with two sets of sisters so its just a deeper step in that direction i suppose. The biggest detraction to it being the wheelchair character is a second floor room in a hotel with only stairs seems a bit rough to work out logically - still Runey has never been afraid of changing existing content to make future content work so its a minor thing im sure. Honestly im not sure about you but i cant decide between the two of them who id most like to see added (assuming its either) as both would offer something very different from what is currently already in the game. Suppose with that in mind its a win win either way.

• Thinking Face

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
We only ever see two walls on the first/second floors; it wouldn't be too difficult to imagine there is an elevator in one of the other two walls we never see.
Yeah, either there is an elevator on the other wall, or we could add one where the stairs are now. Either way...

Reactions: bogodit

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Reading about future versions content I'm curious about bar new stuff

I think adding band etc will make it more lively
Well, a couple of the girls play instruments, maybe some of the other side girls do too? XD

Korok85

Aug 21, 2021
I really like Harem Hotel but I like to have bigger chunks when I play so I skip 1 or 2 updates before playing again. It is easier to wait for me, if I am not hyped after finishing current content.
But I always download the current versions even if I don’t play them. I want to be sure to have the newes version on my drive for the case that the game is taken down for any reason.
I always UnRen them to get a smal peek of the new content and see how much new content was added. That is just for a rough estimation and also because I can't help doing it.

At Runey: That you started putting the new content into separate folder helped a lot. Thanks.
As I see the direct content of the game I have a question for some time now. I know you did some trials to make animations as clips (.webm)
What was the result? I know you dropped it as there are only single pictures in the recent updates and no more clips. I would be interested why? I was expecting that a clip has a smaller files size compared to 34 single quality images. I see sometimes people complain about the game size and with 10GB it is a goliath for an VN. I have fast internet and a Mega account so it is not a problem for me, it is just that I am interested in why the experiment with .webm failed.

About the possible Steam release. I would like that a lot, but I am from Germany and steam blocks all shop sites for porn content “access is not allowed for you country”. We cant access them, as they do not block only the IP but a german account in general. Using a VPN does not help, so If we cant acces the shop page we cant add them to the steam library even if it is offered for free on steam. What does work is input a key directly to add it to the library. But I am not sure if that works for a game that is offered for free on steam. I am happy as it is now and Steam would only be a Bonus, but I wanted to mention this.

Wow there was a lot of discussion in the last few days about the start of the game and how it is now.
I do not want to reopen them, but I want to add how I experienced the game when I started it the first time and how I understood the game.
To start let me mention. I always hope for a game that has some decent story and also a good amount of animated Ero content. If after playing for some time the game does not meet that expectation I drop it. But that is what I hope for.
The last time I started HH new, is some time ago so this is how remember it:

There is a guy (The grandson we play) who got a letter from his grandfather he did not much have contact with. This grandfather spend his life to create and build a hotel.
Because this was so important for him he focus only about it, he neglected the rest of the family.
Now at his death bed he passes it on to his only remaining family the Player.
As this hotel is located on a different continent that also is quite secluded from the rest of the world the Player is clueless at the start and needs to learn everything starting from meeting all the people for the first time and getting to know them, to the history of this continent and city close by.

That is quit common for a game to make it reasonable why everything is new to the player and is explained to him in the game.

Now I noticed many people complain that the story, character’s and focus of the game went and changed a lot compared to the beginning. And that this change is bad. But I personally do not see it like that.
For me these changes made sense and were done quite nicely by Runey.

For example when you meet someone for the first time in real life, it is common that the first expression is quite different from the person after you know him a longer time.
Many people try to give the best impression to someone they meet for the first time. They want to look proper and don’t start of with “Hey I am an exhibitionist and love to watch porn movies!”

They say in the beginning: “I love to read books and hear music”.

But after some time spend together knowing each other better its like “What you also love Hentai … awesome”. That’s character development. In case of Harem Hotel lets see Kali. At first, she is cold, then you are more like “Fuck friends”, she likes sex you like sex so both win. Later she opens more up to you and it is more than sex for her. From opening her legs to opening her heart. You get from her Sex, love and later together with it her troubles in live.

Same for Ashley. First when she does not know you she tries to keep you close with sex and BJ but later after you start knowing each other she opens up and you try to help her with her troubles because she is now important to you.

For me it looks like this is why people complain that “At the beginning HH was great with so much sex, but later the dev reduced the sex and focused on story”.

But the only thing reduced was the sex needed in the story driven parts, since there is still a lot of sex but it now it is on the side and optional as new repeatable content.

Also about the story part. Yes of course there was not so much stuff about religion and elve slavery at the beginning. That is because at the beginning the Player is new to the continent and knows nothing and why should he be interested in it from the start or at all. All that stuff is then brought by all the girls and started to get relevant for him with them. Religion came with Autem, it is part of her live and if you want to get involved with her, then you need to get involved with what is important for her. They are not prostitutes for the MC, but dear people he is listening to, not only fucking.

If someone started the game and was hoping for a simple sex simulator then I guess at the beginning they were getting what they were hoping for. Especially if you skipped text you had sex scene after sex scene really quick. But after some time when you get involved with the girls and they bring their lives and problems into your life, it changes a lot. In the story driven parts that are needed to progress there is much more text (and with that time needed) between ich porn scene.

Story relevant for progress has now a lot less sex. For example, the trip to the high elv island took a lot of time and you only had one sex animation with the Queen. The trip to the desert elvs took also some time but has no sex animations. We also have now required story parts like the stories with the land elv queen. A lot to read but no animation.
But there were a lot sex animations added each time. As I mentioned I check the new added content directly and there always are a lot of sex animations. You are just not forced to see them as they are added as side options like dungeons, outfits and so on. If you only progress the main stories you don’t see them. If you use a Mod it will only show you what you need to do to progress the game. It does not tell you that you can now invite XX into the dungeon.

If you then also have a girl you are not so interested into, lets use the android for example, you have to play her content to progress because all stories are connected. If you don’t like the “finding yourself” or that she acts like a child (because she is a child experience wise) there is even more delay between sex scenes from character’s you like because you cant skip that story.

I think that is why some people see it as changing focus and are unhappy.

For my part I like all the character’s and the game turned out to be a great mix of story and ero.
For me it is like a book where I always want to know what happens next but also has stimulating animated visuals.

For people who really only want to have the sex and as little text as possible I would suggest to try to use Honey Select directly. It is also offered here in the forum.
With that you can have sex with only girls you chose and positions you decided. You can also change the angle and view to your preference. This is really not for offence but only as suggestion for people who tont know it.

At the end I will confess as most people will not have read till here after this wall of text.
I am one of the people that voted for the ferries. I have no clue what ero content can be added here except licking the MCs dick, but that is why I voted for it. I want to see what Runey will come up with.

I want to be surprised.:LOL:

djv007

Apr 23, 2020
Reactions: Lord Ashram
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes