TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
A question:
Are there any mechanics or other things you think could be improved about HH?
Well, for starters, I would like a button to go straight to the kitchen, like we have for the bar, so maybe a better navigation setup. One of my few complaints about this game is trying to do something (especially when I load an old save), and having events trigger on me, not letting me go where I want to go.

Though, this might need a better hint system, or relegating more events to needing to click *talk* first to trigger, and then teleport us to where we need to be.

Though, this would had a problem with the side girls, but most could be done by going to them or having a button in the lobby/front door to trigger the ones who don't live there? IDK..

We were talking about other ways to use the gifts, like being able to give them to girls for affection points (once a day/time slot, or once a day but doesn't use ), or to unlock an extra scene at the end, or just making it more likely to get a sex scene.

More interactions in the lobby, hopefully with Ellen enjoying the show. XD
Or other people commenting on the outfits they are wearing...

humm....

shadowtempered

Aug 22, 2020
Well, for starters, I would like a button to go straight to the kitchen, like we have for the bar, so maybe a better navigation setup. One of my few complaints about this game is trying to do something (especially when I load an old save), and having events trigger on me, not letting me go where I want to go.

Though, this might need a better hint system, or relegating more events to needing to click *talk* first to trigger, and then teleport us to where we need to be.

Though, this would had a problem with the side girls, but most could be done by going to them or having a button in the lobby/front door to trigger the ones who don't live there? IDK..

We were talking about other ways to use the gifts, like being able to give them to girls for affection points (once a day/time slot, or once a day but doesn't use ), or to unlock an extra scene at the end, or just making it more likely to get a sex scene.

More interactions in the lobby, hopefully with Ellen enjoying the show. XD
Or other people commenting on the outfits they are wearing...

humm....
Gifts as they are... I don't even know why they exist other than to appease Autumn. Can you even use them when someone isn't upset? I haven't tried in so long that I just stopped bothering with it until Autumn's events prompt it.

Minor thought on navigation: I'd like to know the thoughts on why Runey made shortcuts to the frontdoor/bar accessible from both the bedroom and lobby, but didn't expand on that further? Why those two specifically and in those spots. From the lobby, it makes sense and lets you not have to re-design the lobby to include extra visible doors to each location but from the bedroom? If there isn't any game-flow reasons, perhaps direct shortcuts from the bedroom to 1st floor / 2nd floor / kitchen / utility room could be an option. I wouldn't say every location, but each major location "hub" that can branch to others.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian
Apr 8, 2019
A question:
Not sure if my thoughts on this will be helpful or not but here they are.

1. Maybe incorporating additional sexual positions/scenes into the game. I say this being completely ignorant about how HS actually works.

The twins’ dungeon scene was great and I’d love more scenes like that, if possible.

2. I think the side girls may need more clarification/hints for their story progression.
Nothing major just a bit more clarity. I got lost trying to progress Vanessa’s story and would’ve liked a bit more nudging in the right direction.

• Thinking Face

Lolicon Kami

Nov 3, 2019
A question:
Let me preface by saying that HH is awesome, one of the best stories I've read in an H-game :)

But, I have one feedback.

I started playing HH when it was v0.14. Played through entire game, all side characters, all upgrades, etc. Then v0.15 came out. After switching versions, I noticed then that the "skip unseen text" doesn't work at all, for any scenes I try to play. I thought that this was because you revamped certain scenes, but the "skip already-seen text" doesn't work for anything. I'd be nice if this was fixed so I can skip scenes I've already looked at in a previous version :)

Note: I'm not sure if this is a HH problem or mac problem or a V0.15 problem.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Webcams. As is, they're there by default which kinda makes the MC a creeper since (going from memory) he doesn't tell anyone they are there, though multiple ladies notice. My suggestion would be to "remove" them and add them in as part of the exhibition stat. It gives you an extra minor money sink to buy one per lady, gives them a reason for it to be in their room and helps build on the whole "someone is watching and it excites me" that starts with the person they trust the most vs random goons at a beach/cafe.

I honestly forgot they existed for a while there.
People already complain about a grind though. I'm not sure if adding more money sinks is a good idea.
Honestly, I'm not sure how to take that. Most people tell me that there is no grind, but then I'll get the odd review here saying "omg insane ridiculous nonsense grinding all the time, 1/5 stars" and I don't even know what to think except "Is it only a 'grind' because you can't have everything instantly? All the income is mostly passive."

But I do plan on adding more functionality to the webcams at some point.

I feel like some kind of limited hint system would be beneficial. I just posted an issue that I'm having getting Android's relationship level past 25 and there are no obvious trigger hints available. I'm guessing there's some kind of event elsewhere hanging this up, but I have no idea what.
This hint system already exists, and has existed forever now. Honestly, this is another complaint I see often enough that I've noted it, however there is literally a hint system in game already, and for this event too. So this has always confused me.

If you go to Android's door and click "Give Android the Human Kit" it will tell you "I need to buy the Human Kit on the computer."

Not sure if my thoughts on this will be helpful or not but here they are.

1. Maybe incorporating additional sexual positions/scenes into the game. I say this being completely ignorant about how HS actually works.

The twins’ dungeon scene was great and I’d love more scenes like that, if possible.

2. I think the side girls may need more clarification/hints for their story progression.
Nothing major just a bit more clarity. I got lost trying to progress Vanessa’s story and would’ve liked a bit more nudging in the right direction.
All events that are ready should tell you exactly where you need to go and at which time. If I missed something specific, please let me know.

Mar 6, 2021
A question:
Bar advertisement. If I remember it right, I never used it. I don't have any idea what it's for.
Hot springs. Yeah, they are private, but what is the reason? Maybe we should implement third floor for temporary hot springs visitors. They will pay rent and stay for a short period of time (2-3 days). They will not be interactive, like bar visitors. Also they may be side girls/side persons and in this case they should be interactive.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Bar advertisement. If I remember it right, I never used it. I don't have any idea what it's for.
It tells you, you get more customers, which means you get more money.

Hot springs. Yeah, they are private, but what is the reason? Maybe we should implement third floor for temporary hot springs visitors. They will pay rent and stay for a short period of time (2-3 days). They will not be interactive, like bar visitors. Also they may be side girls/side persons and in this case they should be interactive.
Side characters will come here when their main counterpart is away. And it's a location for other side characters, like Vanessa, the Uni girls, and soon Kate and Juliet to visit weekly. Sex will be possible from there eventually too.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Gifts as they are... I don't even know why they exist other than to appease Autumn. Can you even use them when someone isn't upset? I haven't tried in so long that I just stopped bothering with it until Autumn's events prompt it.
For me it was Ashley, had no real issues with Autumn, IIRC...
Once you start doing their story, it is hard to get negative points.
Minor thought on navigation: I'd like to know the thoughts on why Runey made shortcuts to the frontdoor/bar accessible from both the bedroom and lobby, but didn't expand on that further? Why those two specifically and in those spots. From the lobby, it makes sense and lets you not have to re-design the lobby to include extra visible doors to each location but from the bedroom? If there isn't any game-flow reasons, perhaps direct shortcuts from the bedroom to 1st floor / 2nd floor / kitchen / utility room could be an option. I wouldn't say every location, but each major location "hub" that can branch to others.
Agree, it would be nice to be able to go to almost any location with a click or 2. With my disabled arm, the less clicks I have to go through to do something, the less pain I have to be in. lol
Side characters will come here when their main counterpart is away. And it's a location for other side characters, like Vanessa, the Uni girls, and soon Kate and Juliet to visit weekly. Sex will be possible from there eventually too.
I still have a bit of an issue with Luci being there when she is supposed to be at work... XD
Visiting her there would be nice too.

Mar 6, 2021
omg insane ridiculous nonsense grinding all the time
Everything will be free when the Elven Kingdom come.
which means you get more money.
Okay. Maybe I'll test it next time
And it's a location for other side characters, like Vanessa, the Uni girls, and soon Kate and Juliet to visit weekly. Sex will be possible from there eventually too.
So I got it right from dialogues with Uni girls.
Sex is nice, but I was thinking about incomings.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
This hint system already exists, and has existed forever now. Honestly, this is another complaint I see often enough that I've noted it, however there is literally a hint system in game already, and for this event too. So this has always confused me.

If you go to Android's door and click "Give Android the Human Kit" it will tell you "I need to buy the Human Kit on the computer."
First, this was just feedback not a complaint. Also, I get that once you have the human kit, it displays on the door, but there's nothing that indicated I needed to buy it in the first place.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
First, this was just feedback not a complaint. Also, I get that once you have the human kit, it displays on the door, but there's nothing that indicated I needed to buy it in the first place.
I didn't take your message as a complaint, I'm just stating it has been complained about.

In her previous event, the last line of dialogue is "I need to buy her something on my computer" since the event was all about Androids not being allowed in a restaurant.

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
I didn't take your message as a complaint, I'm just stating it has been complained about.

In her previous event, the last line of dialogue is "I need to buy her something on my computer" since the event was all about Androids not being allowed in a restaurant.
OK, thanks. For me the event was quite some time ago, so I probably just forgot about it.

theGlassAlice

Sep 8, 2018
A question:
Better navigation may be? It's odd that the bar and the front door get shortcuts, while more frequently visited places don't. Shortcuts to girls rooms would be much appreciated.
Also may be give a 500$ headstart at day 1 would make early game much less waiting around for money.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Since people have complained about an early game emptiness, I plan to address this in v0.16. I also want to give players extra income for doing these events. These events will be only for MC, and will have him explore the new continent he is on (mostly by going to the nearest city).

Any suggestions for this content? Something that can explain the world (Like an interaction with a police droid, or seeing construction mechs, or maybe an elf being abused and an option to save her), and some ways to earn extra money?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Better navigation may be? It's odd that the bar and the front door get shortcuts, while more frequently visited places don't. Shortcuts to girls rooms would be much appreciated.
This would hurt the game in a large way, mechanically. The player needs to visit the lobby and each floor for some events that occur in those areas to start. Going from hub to hub is a core aspect of how this game plays. Being able to teleport to each room would subconsciously make you lost. You would think "What do I do? Why aren't some events happening? Where do I need to go to make them happen?" But with how it currently works, you naturally come across events by simply walking around.

Also may be give a 500$ headstart at day 1 would make early game much less waiting around for money.
Question, what do you need $500 for in the early game? Everything you need should be purchasable when those options become available and no sooner or later. For example, Kali's hard drive becomes buyable right when the player has the money to buy it. And you couldn't use any outfits, the second floor wouldn't have any use, and the bar doesn't become available until later, at which point you should have been able to accumulate all the money necessary to buy it passively by just playing the game. Please help me understand so I can make the game better.

Otherwise, I would rather have this money be gained through these "MC events" I plan to add in v0.16, where he learns about the world, interacts with it, and also gains money all in the very early parts of the game.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Let me preface by saying that HH is awesome, one of the best stories I've read in an H-game :)

But, I have one feedback.

I started playing HH when it was v0.14. Played through entire game, all side characters, all upgrades, etc. Then v0.15 came out. After switching versions, I noticed then that the "skip unseen text" doesn't work at all, for any scenes I try to play. I thought that this was because you revamped certain scenes, but the "skip already-seen text" doesn't work for anything. I'd be nice if this was fixed so I can skip scenes I've already looked at in a previous version :)

Note: I'm not sure if this is a HH problem or mac problem or a V0.15 problem.
You can only skip text that your save has already seen, I've done nothing to adjust this so this suggests you started a new save or something. Dunno.

Reactions: Lolicon Kami

jimmyjoo

Jun 28, 2019
Since people have complained about an early game emptiness, I plan to address this in v0.16. I also want to give players extra income for doing these events. These events will be only for MC, and will have him explore the new continent he is on (mostly by going to the nearest city).

Any suggestions for this content? Something that can explain the world (Like an interaction with a police droid, or seeing construction mechs, or maybe an elf being abused and an option to save her), and some ways to earn extra money?
How about hooking up with an ex while he's there? It could always invite the possibility of her visiting the hotel at some point.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
How about hooking up with an ex while he's there? It could always invite the possibility of her visiting the hotel at some point.
Hm, that's not a bad idea, but it does take away some of the self-insert-iveness the PC is supposed to have.

Reactions: acondo

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
In one of my recent shorts, the character arrives at a new city and spreads his arms, inhales that "new city" air and is promptly smacked in the face by a foreign bill that was being carried by a gust of wind.
I don't know if comedy is what you're going for with any of these events but I thought it could be a fun little way of getting those extra $10, if nothing else.

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes