Rome5555555

May 4, 2017
Due to health issues that made it impossible for him to do any work on any mods for an extended period of time, and the fact that Runey had upgraded a number of earlier scenes he is having to play catch up.

Rule of thumb: Using old mods can break games.
Mission 1 when he returned after medical treatment: Do what he could do quickly to make the basics of the mod work, without the game crashing.

Mission 2: work on upgrading components of the mod that now no longer match the game in the walkthrough.
That is still being worked on, because he also worked on mods for many other games, and the mod for Harem Hotel is far more complex than most mods.

Suggestion: wait a month or two for the next version of HH to be released, and by then he should have the mod caught up with the changes.

It's a test version, so it is basically a use at your own risk situation.
And that can mean anything from the game crashing, to any saves made with it installed, may not work with the next version of the mod installed in the next version of the game.
So, use it if you want, and if you find problems message him directly about it, and let him know the details of the problem.
Why do we need cheat codes in the game and it's so easy ...

MixedBerry09

Dec 17, 2020
Walkthrough / Cheat Mods (0.16.2)

Since Lain is still MIA, I decided to give this game my Walkthrough / Cheat Mod treatment based off of her original mod.
I have revamped some of her mod work and updated other parts of her mod.

WARNING:
If you are having errors after loading a save from the previous version of the game then go back to the previous version of the game and Save In The Lobby.
Then immediately after you load your save in the new version Click The Bar Icon and your game should play without issue afterwards.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Link:
Mega

View attachment 1613971 View attachment 1613972 View attachment 1613973 View attachment 1613974 View attachment 1613975 View attachment 1613976 View attachment 1613977 View attachment 1613978 View attachment 1613979 View attachment 1613980 View attachment 1613981 View attachment 1613982 View attachment 1613983 View attachment 1613984 View attachment 1613985 View attachment 1613986 View attachment 1613987 View attachment 1613988 View attachment 1613989
there are 2 files for the lain's mod, which one should i use?

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
I'd like to thank you and apologize in advance as I'm sure this question may have been asked prior.

Your link provides 2 mods, I'm to assume the newer one, v2-TEST3, has more content.

I just wanted to inquire about the accuracy of my assumption and about the stability of the newer "TEST" mod
there are 2 files for the lain's mod, which one should i use?
DigDug69's post a few posts up sums it up well. The TEST versions are me trying to get the game caught back up with adding back in all the old WT content while the non-TEST version is the more stable release but is mainly for the 0.16.x content.

As for the TEST releases, you can read more about what is going on in my thread with the latest info here:
https://f95zone.to/threads/my-walkthroughs-and-cheat-mods.84767/post-10737680

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Why do we need cheat codes in the game and it's so easy ...
It's a WT and Cheat mod, it provides quite a lot. One thing many like is a significant cut down on the daily grinding for money as I changed it from what Lain did to a version were you inherit $8000 to make it much easier to get the bar upgraded ASAP to help you make residual money much more easily. I also changed Lain's money cheat into something funny if you still want easy extra money for things like the outfits and such. It's also a great way to know the when and where to talk to the girls besides tons of other things.

Check out the screen shots in the mod's post for a better understanding of what all the mod does plus for an extra play, wait for the TEST4 release later today and do a play through using that to see what all you might have missed just be sure if you do any save to not use your main save page.

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
I'd like to thank you and apologize in advance as I'm sure this question may have been asked prior.

Your link provides 2 mods, I'm to assume the newer one, v2-TEST3, has more content.

I just wanted to inquire about the accuracy of my assumption and about the stability of the newer "TEST" mod
while Lord Ashram’s work updating and improving the Mods is appreciated and has a dedicated following.

When you use a mod … you end up in the un-enviable position where you are pretty much “locked” into always using/needing it.
Then when Runey puts out an update you are in that “painful” limbo where the game version is ahead of the mod.

I completely understand how a mod adds and improves the Unmodded base product. For some base products (NOT HH) a mod is a MUST have because the base product is poorly designed/implemented.
Harem Hotel is well designed and implemented really well. The Mod while nice is NOT a requirement and when the update comes (relatively soon) you will be in that dead limbo spot where you won’t be able to play the latest version until the mod is updated to match… the mod update can happen in a day at best or it could be two month’s additional wait time.

LA has picked up maintenance of the mod and typically based on what I’ve seen is as quick as anyone to update it … but shit happens and having all your saves, update availability, and your game install tied to “mod only” is a choice each player must make for themselves.

I’ve definitely done it for numerous other games in the past.
some of which ABSOLUTELY require it … but based on what I’ve personally experienced with Harem Hotel … using the mod here isn’t a necessity

I’m sure it has positives.
Just don’t forget the negatives and be aware the avoidable position you are putting yourself in.

In the next 2hours or 2months when Runey puts out the next update a modded game will either work or not (to various degrees) and if it breaks you could be SOL for an indeterminate amount of time.

Last edited:

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
while Lord Ashram’s work updating and improving the Mods is appreciated and has a dedicated following.

When you use a mod … you end up in the un-enviable position where you are pretty much “locked” into always using/needing it.
Then when Runey puts out an update you are in that “painful” limbo where the game version is ahead of the mod.

I completely understand how a mod adds and improves the Unmodded base product. For some base products (NOT HH) a mod is a MUST have because the base product is poorly designed/implemented.
Harem Hotel is well designed and implemented really well. The Mod while nice is NOT a requirement and when the update comes (relatively soon) you will be in that dead limbo spot where you won’t be able to play the latest version until the mod is updated to match… the mod update can happen in a day at best or it could be two month’s additional wait time.

LA has picked up maintenance of the mod and typically based on what I’ve seen is as quick as anyone to update it … but shit happens and having all your saves, update availability, and your game install tied to “mod only” is a choice each player must make for themselves.

I’ve definitely done it for numerous other games in the past.
some of which ABSOLUTELY require it … but based on what I’ve personally experienced with Harem Hotel … using the mod here isn’t a necessity

I’m sure it has positives.
Just don’t forget the negatives and be aware the avoidable position you are putting yourself in.

In the next 2hours or 2months when Runey puts out the next update a modded game will either work or not (to various degrees) and if it breaks you could be SOL for an indeterminate amount of time.
Next update could be really bad in that regard too, since there could be things like the phone and calendar being added soon. Not to mention some older events changing drastically again. It won't be a fast mod update this time either.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
It's definitely not required but it does make the game much easier to play and a hell of a lot less grinding for money without doing manual cheats. Also I can almost guarantee most will miss content without the help of what I've done to the mod. It's one of the reasons it's taking me so long to re-implement the in-game WT context for the choices because I am having to go back through most of the game code to find the little things and add context when needed. Just look at my post before yours for example.

Also, people can still play the game with and without the mod at the same time, they just need to use a different Save Page for each.

BTW, TEST4 of the mod is now out.

Lord Ashram

Modder
Dec 29, 2020
Next update could be really bad in that regard too, since there could be things like the phone and calendar being added soon. Not to mention some older events changing drastically again. It won't be a fast mod update this time either.
I had thought about grabbing the latest BETA to see how much work I'm gonna have but I've been too busy so will just wait to see.

Given how long it is in between releases, I don't think many really care to have to wait a little longer to play; especially when they tend to need to really wait for the x.x.1 or x.x.2 update to really play the latest release. And I'm not just talking about HH either.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
In the weeks following a game update, the forum starts flooding with demands for an eta on the mod update.

And the discord is full of people in Help not understanding why their save doesn't work.

Should it be no issue? Absolutely. Is it an issue? Based on the volume, yeah.

Also, with the changes to the game, the "grind" to get the bar is literally a single skippable task that you can do each day without losing a time slot. So *shrug*. It's usually possible to have the bar before you need to buy the second floor or the dungeon in order to get android for the Lin and Maria events that will require them.

Get up, go to lobby, go to caliber, delivery, come home. And you can start doing that long before the pinups become available.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I had thought about grabbing the latest BETA to see how much work I'm gonna have but I've been too busy so will just wait to see.

Given how long it is in between releases, I don't think many really care to have to wait a little longer to play; especially when they tend to need to really wait for the x.x.1 or x.x.2 update to really play the latest release. And I'm not just talking about HH either.
Yeah, there are people who start to complain as soon as the game is out, but those people don't read, so not much you can do about it. That said, most people should understand. (y)
Anyone know when the next update is coming out?

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
It's definitely not required but it does make the game much easier to play and a hell of a lot less grinding for money without doing manual cheats. Also I can almost guarantee most will miss content without the help of what I've done to the mod. It's one of the reasons it's taking me so long to re-implement the in-game WT context for the choices because I am having to go back through most of the game code to find the little things and add context when needed. Just look at my post before yours for example.

Also, people can still play the game with and without the mod at the same time, they just need to use a different Save Page for each.

BTW, TEST4 of the mod is now out.
Nice! (y)

I have no doubt that the mod & your work on it .
Adds to the game & simplifies lots of various things.

Maybe I should DL it and try it again …
In the past … after adding a mod and then after a new update is released and was applied … it pretty much borked my entire install not just the mod only saves.
Until the mod was updated as well.
The only solution was to completely re-install without mod.
Thats the reason … I only bother with them for situations where the Mod is done better than the original game :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, there are people who start to complain as soon as the game is out, but those people don't read, so not much you can do about it. That said, most people should understand. (y)

Ha ha ha ha I win …I beat you to the meme !

but now I have 2 versions of it cuz it looks like you created another version of it!

Last edited:

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
Thanks for a reply I used the search function but kept seeing old replys.
BTW Idc those little fucks lost their wings :devilish:
Well … that’s not too uncommon of a position regarding the fairys.
however after seeing that question 2-6 times a day the meme was born.

The correlating NEXT question is “when will the mod be updated?”and since it also gets asked 2-6 times a day Nia shows up and bonks the offenders with her Bat!

Just be wary … cuz you don’t wanna piss off Lin.
IMG_0085.jpeg

Overlord070

Jan 21, 2021
Well … that’s not too uncommon of a position regarding the fairys.
however after seeing that question 2-6 times a day the meme was born.

The correlating NEXT question is “when will the mod be updated?”and since it also gets asked 2-6 times a day Nia shows up and bonks the offenders with her Bat!

Just be wary … cuz you don’t wanna piss off Lin.
View attachment 2611693
Nah I get it that's fair but I went back 3 pages and didn't see it and used the search and kept seeing stuff from 2021/2022 so I figured I'd ask.

Reactions: Strike-10
4.70 star(s) 450 Votes