Hentaibob

Aug 6, 2017
Worked on something in my spare time. Any thoughts?
I like them both, but the fade needs some massaging...

Watching it on loop, having the corners gray, instead of black makes them stand out at the very start, and the illumination of the building looks like it went "Okay, smooth slide from zero to 60%", and then just says "wow, this is tedious, 80%, then 100%"

Also, something that might be....cute, I guess?... put an external light by the door that turns off when the day brightens... maybe have room windows randomly lit at the start... place looks more abandoned, than "Hotel"

Another thought would be if Ren'Py supports compositing images, you could have the background, and then randomly swap the Day# transitions around... fade in, slide over, slide up, drop down, whatever... I'm working on the assumption that would be layered, so you could attach "Day" and the appropriate digits to the black bar, and then move the resulting object around... rather than having to pre-render everything.. [shudder]

Regardless, you've got to love the inconsequential "palate cleansers" when programming.

Hentaibob

Aug 6, 2017
The final bits of the fade-in still feel "jarring".... I don't know if it's a lack of frame steps, but that "pop" to black feels noticeable..

I think it was the bright bits on the trees suddenly being obscured... I actually had to slow the animation down to check you weren't "unrolling" the edges of the banner... those two sections just seemed to "appear", rather than fade in.

That said, what about "cheating?"

Just skip the final hops to 100% on the banner... still draws the eye...

Corner blacks are looking good though, I also dig the color highlights on the edges.

polycentric

Donor
Mar 26, 2019
Runey

Some thoughts on v7...

Moon:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Kali:

Android (aka "Dors Venabili"):

Maria:

Lin:

Ashley/Felicity/Emma/Autumn:

Kate:

Sylvia/Nia/Ann/Sanctuary:

Other thoughts:

4.70 star(s) 450 Votes