I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
Hello everyone o/

v0.9 will likely release soon, but with much less content than I sought out to develop originally. I think what's in it is great, but development is slow and I suspect it will be for a while if I keep going and I don't want you guys waiting forever. My head has been a mess for the past few weeks, my libido is almost non-existent, I can barely finish a meal, development has felt like pulling a wheelbarrow full of rocks through mud on a rainy day. I still have a desire to develop and think of new story, but it rarely goes anywhere. I also actually still plan on working for the next few weeks up until my move, but it will undoubtedly be slow, and I don't want to feel rushed to push this stuff out in my current state.

Contrary to this bad news, I have good news. This wont release anytime soon, but I've been developing a new main character, I've developed 5 events for her, and her walls are purple. I wont give out any more details on that. She likely wont release for a few updates. I don't think I can juggle another main character every update at the moment, but I do have ideas, and I've been developing them for future use when I can manage (and especially when I have a great idea).

As for Heroes of the Harem Hotel (HHH) I'd like to release the first build alongside v0.10.
I hope you feel more like yourself soon! I know it's not easy going through stuff.

If I can help in any way, please let me know. I suspect any number of us wouldn't hesitate to help if we could. :)

DaweFan69

Jun 25, 2019
I know you guys mean well but it is not that simple, while I can not speak for Runey.

I am 40, no wife, no kids, no girlfriend, and never worked a day in my life due to irritable bowel syndrome disorder, for which there is no cure, no medicine, and for me no leaving the house without taking Imodium, don't ask, just know that my life is in the toilet and not a metaphor.

" I hope you feel better soon", 20 years of depression for me, so nope not happening, as is for most people with it.

" Take some time off", when you have depression time off doesn't really help, and if it does it is short short term, odds are if you have depression sleep is your worst enemy, or to be exact falling asleep is.

" Don't think about it", my dad is dead and when he was 4 saw one of the bombs the Nazi's dropped on England explode and kill someone, and was told not to think about it, he was born in 1937, died in 2011, still had nightmares about it.

" Speak to family about it", often the hardest thing to do, talking to my mum upsets her, also because things are shit for us, my sister is a gossip, my brother has told me I just need to eat better or exercise to help with my IBSD, which is rubbish, and abuses me verbally, and sadly have no choice but to live with him.

" See a doctor", whose first response in most cases is drugs, which often makes things worse, not kidding, I tried one lot, it made me hallucinate, and stated in side effects can make suicidal thoughts WORSE.

" See a shrink", sometimes talking doesn't help, I can speak for Australia and I believe in a 12 month period, you can see one 5 times, then 5 more sessions free as I am unemployed, maybe the person has no insurance, maybe their insurance won't cover it, seeing a shrink ain't cheap.

One thing depression does, which it sounds like what Runey has, maybe I am wrong, but pressure does not help.

Which is why it was pissing me off so much these stupid people asking when is the next update, or these stupid the game has been dumped, not coming out, sure maybe you are joking, but maybe it affects Runey, you do not know how some stupid simple thing can make you feel shit.

Maybe Runey has none of this, and no doubt the people who should read this post probably won't, but sometimes when your head isn't right, nothing helps, you are often your own worse enemy.

And no fucking doesn't help.
I see your point and im not one of those "lol you're just sad go out and stop moaning" kind of people, but i heavily disagree that ''nothing helps''. All those reasons you listed have worked for somebody else. They might not work for you, but dont expect it to if you dont believe it will. My dancer teacher also has IBS , yet he's a dance teacher . I see his struggle and its definitely not easy, spending 2-3hrs in the bathroom per day. But i believe in him and he believes in me, and i know us being around him and always showing support and helping him out in everything he does made a huge difference.

Please dont misinterpret this as me looking down on you for not being in the olympics while having IBS, but see it as this ; the best thing we can do sometimes is offer support and give suggestions, lend an ear. Even if it won't necessarily cure you, its better than silence

masterofborg

Mar 23, 2018
Hello everyone o/

v0.9 will likely release soon, but with much less content than I sought out to develop originally. I think what's in it is great, but development is slow and I suspect it will be for a while if I keep going and I don't want you guys waiting forever. My head has been a mess for the past few weeks, my libido is almost non-existent, I can barely finish a meal, development has felt like pulling a wheelbarrow full of rocks through mud on a rainy day. I still have a desire to develop and think of new story, but it rarely goes anywhere. I also actually still plan on working for the next few weeks up until my move, but it will undoubtedly be slow, and I don't want to feel rushed to push this stuff out in my current state.

Contrary to this bad news, I have good news. This wont release anytime soon, but I've been developing a new main character, I've developed 5 events for her, and her walls are purple. I wont give out any more details on that. She likely wont release for a few updates. I don't think I can juggle another main character every update at the moment, but I do have ideas, and I've been developing them for future use when I can manage (and especially when I have a great idea).

As for Heroes of the Harem Hotel (HHH) I'd like to release the first build alongside v0.10.
I haven't been following your posts recently so I don't know the details of what you are dealing with. That said, please don't overstrain yourself trying to get new content out, I think we all believe that your health if far more important than a new version.

xtheif666x

Oct 25, 2017
Hello everyone o/

You do you man! We are all rooting for you.

Throwaway7777

Mar 7, 2018
It does not bother me to wait for Harem Hotel but the Heroes of the Harem Hotel does not call me anything with apollo HH pleasure but the other one is not sorry but when a game developer starts to develop two games at once the first one is always forgotten and delayed.
Sorry I'm out of the loop, what is this heroes of harem hotel?

01110011 01101011

Donor
Jan 10, 2018
Well, i am a PGD ( MAYA ), my job is making games (effects), i have a girlfriend (also IT), every game start from an idea, a story that is always born to flee from reality. The moment you stop to dream is also the moment you better go to code invoices softwares. Suggestion for depression? look outside the window see what you don't like and dream it better.

There a sign in the HQ of the company i work for, there are many but this one is important:

A dream of a person is a refuge for him, the dream of a dev may lead to happiness for thousands of players.

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
Well, i am a PGD ( MAYA ), my job is making games (effects), i have a girlfriend (also IT), every game start from an idea, a story that is always born to flee from reality. The moment you stop to dream is also the moment you better go to code invoices softwares. Suggestion for depression? look outside the window see what you don't like and dream it better.

There a sign in the HQ of the company i work for, there are many but this one is important:

A dream of a person is a refuge for him, the dream of a dev may lead to happiness for thousands of players.
PGD? Preimplantation genetic diagnosis? o_O

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Unknnownn

Sep 6, 2018
I'm encountering a error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/lobby_script.rpy", line 147, in script call
    call screen lobbygirls
  File "game/script.rpy", line 624, in script
    jump lsleep2
ScriptError: could not find label 'lsleep2'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call screen lobbygirls
    jump lsleep2
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\my games\Harem Hotel\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\my games\Harem Hotel\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.8.1
Sat Jan 25 18:28:16 2020

I'm Not Thea Lundgren!

AKA: TotesNotThea
Donor
Jun 21, 2017
I'm encountering a error.

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    call screen lobbygirls
    jump lsleep2

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
    call screen lobbygirls
    jump lsleep2
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\my games\Harem Hotel\renpy\ast.py", line 1695, in execute
    rv = renpy.game.script.lookup(target)
  File "C:\Users\User\Documents\my games\Harem Hotel\renpy\script.py", line 894, in lookup
    raise ScriptError("could not find label '%s'." % str(original))

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.2.320
Harem Hotel v0.8.1
Sat Jan 25 18:28:16 2020
Download the full v8.2 version (not the patch)

Reactions: TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 452 Votes