Jul 22, 2019
Imagine you put hours of work into something and you get a message. You get excited, maybe its a review or someone wanting to say something nice about your work. You open it up....and its "when's the next update?". Nothing else, no compliment, no thanks, just someone shoving their hand into your face and going "gimme! gimme now!"
I mean I absolutely get the point and I sympathize with the devs who get annoyed about it, but it is pretty shitty to delay finished content that people are paying you for because you're mad people say stuff on the internet you dislike. It's just spiteful to all the people who didn't act that way and do legitimately support the work, even outside doing it financially.
Not like delaying it will stop people just doing the exact same shit a week after it finally comes out anyway, most of the update beggars I see aren't regulars.

Though maybe it's on the community to just improve the quality of patch begging, like Mordhau's did. What would you prefer? "update when" or

"Patchie, patchie; wherefore art thou
Patchie, o’patchie comst thy now?
Better bequeathed am I to find,
A missing computer, than no patchie of mine.
Nights awake, rumination so deep
Forlorn ist me, for I cannot sleep.
Strange women standing in my selection screen,
Perhaps patchie is nearer than he may seem?
Fall I finally, fast asleep
And dream I of Sylanar, a land so sweet.
Then I stir, I wake and I weep,
O-please patchie when shall we meet?
Nonetheless I return to my slumber,
And think I of the Dev Team’s number.
Small yet powerful, humble yet keen
And know I patchie makes haste to my screen."

Last edited:

SpikyHair

Nov 13, 2019
"Patchie, patchie; wherefore art thou
If a fairy loses her wings every time somebody asks for HH updates, you just caused something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unashamedly, I wholeheartedly approve.

Edit: Shockingly, I just found out the above is mere copypasta, not original effort. For shame, sirrah!
(Any idea where this originated from? knowyourmeme doesn't give me any hits on that, and it tickled my interest)

Last edited:

Harem_Master

Oct 8, 2019
If a fairy loses her wings every time somebody asks for HH updates, you just caused something like this:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Unashamedly, I wholeheartedly approve.

Edit: Shockingly, I just found out the above is mere copypasta, not original effort. For shame, sirrah!
(Any idea where this originated from? knowyourmeme doesn't give me any hits on that, and it tickled my interest)
Been there, done that, but for a different reason.
558846 - Peter_Pan Tinker_Bell Zimmerman.jpg 722618_r_ex-807972-Tinkerbell_Patreon.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian
Jul 22, 2019
In my defense I did say it was a mordhau thing, I just changed some words lol. Was from the whole "patchie patchie where's my patchie" era as far as I know. Would have just posted that one but seemed a bit aggressive for my post lmao

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Have you ever created anything?

Imagine you put hours of work into something and you get a message. You get excited, maybe its a review or someone wanting to say something nice about your work. You open it up....and its "when's the next update?". Nothing else, no compliment, no thanks, just someone shoving their hand into your face and going "gimme! gimme now!"

How long before you get sick of that? I've known a few people who have quit because the vast majority of comments they got on their work was basically "when's the next update".

And don't pull the "they should toughen up" or "they're getting paid" bullshit. Money is a poor substitute for someone going "Hey, I liked the last update. That character's story was fun! Thanks for it!". Getting paid and knowing you've done something well are two very different things.
Well... speaking as a developer, "When is the next update" messages have never made me upset. I either tell them or ignore them, I don't know why anyone would let these comments out of any be the ones that get to them. Each job comes with it's own set of annoyances that you have to put up with. I am sort of playing the "they're getting paid for it" card, because no job is perfect. Waitresses have to deal with entitled customers, Streamers have to deal with trolls, Uber drivers have to deal with smelly people. If you deal with people, expect them to act like people and work around that. Prepare the ban hammer, prepare the febreeze, or just ignore them if you don't like what they're saying.

Maybe I just haven't been spammed with these messages as much as your friend(s), maybe it's because I always give an estimated timeframe for a release, or maybe it's because this community informs everyone of when the update should be, but I can't think of any professional developer that decided to quit over the fanbase asking when the next update would be. It sounds like the devs who gave up after this just couldn't handle people. (which is odd for someone with aspergers to say)

D

Deleted member 1626573

Why are you guys fighting about this in the hh post ? Just personal chat each other or something. You guys are just filling this post with useless info. Please just do it elsewhere.

• Sad
Reactions: actualrealname

scarletlove

Jul 18, 2017
Have said it before, but both Runey and this game are awesome.
I think people asking for updates frequently, attests to the kind of effort and dedication that has gone into this game, that makes it so amazing and makes us look forward to each update.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Runey

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's pretty unusual for gallery unlocking to not be done through the persistent file though.
Yeah, most of the time. This is especially needed when you have games with alternate versions of scenes that can't all be unlocked in one play. I see a number of them do it this way too though.

Dec 24, 2018
l am the only one who actually care about the girls? l mean, just asking
Runey, if you somehow you see my commentary l just wanna tell you one thing, Thank you
Thank you 4 all what you have being creating for all this time, i play your game since beginning of it and at each update of the history i cant just ignore what the girls have passed, the things they seems, the way the people treat them
l don't know if there's something wrong with me, but i cant just think ''this is just a game'', i feel like i really have to help these people, but i never feel this so hard playing your game, l wanna take good care of all the girls and show them what real love means so they NEVER feel sad again, not just sex like what seems like everyone in this site are looking for... Please never give up this game, i know you are the creator and you do whatever you want i just please ask you one thing... Make a happy ending with love and justice 4 who deserve :D
Thx 4 the attention and sorry about the bad english, not my first language

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Runey, if you somehow you see my commentary l just wanna tell you one thing, Thank you
Thank you 4 all what you have being creating for all this time, i play your game since beginning of it and at each update of the history i cant just ignore what the girls have passed, the things they seems, the way the people treat them
l don't know if there's something wrong with me, but i cant just think ''this is just a game'', i feel like i really have to help these people, but i never feel this so hard playing your game, l wanna take good care of all the girls and show them what real love means so they NEVER feel sad again, not just sex like what seems like everyone in this site are looking for... Please never give up this game, i know you are the creator and you do whatever you want i just please ask you one thing... Make a happy ending with love and justice 4 who deserve :D
No, you are pretty normal around here.

tomatomoe

Jul 21, 2017
Amen.

4.70 star(s) 453 Votes