c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I´m downloading the full version (had 0.12) can anyone tell me how to keep my progress?
You are downloading at version that is outdated?:unsure:
Usually download, extract (into new empty folder) and play. Saves are hold in the game folder and in the %appdata% folder on Windows, so (usually) their is no need to transfer them manually.

alex2011

Conversation Conqueror
Feb 28, 2017
0 blowjobs, what kind of pervert are you?! :D
I have nothing to say about that comment, just fucking laughter!

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
One with refined tastes? :p

Last try for me, then I give up.

Stop with walkthrough/cheats, I already said it: NOT NEEDED. Excepted money, maybe.

What I try to explain you, and I hope you'll understand the analogy:
  • I propose to add a GUI to see the status of all devices on my computer ON DEMAND (the mod main panel or an equivalent), knowing that a discontinued third-party software did it before.
  • You reply to me that it's not necessary, since I can get these informations by typing MANUALLY, without even the support of a shell script, EACH command for EACH device and get these informations (going everywhere to see that).
  • However, you tell me that each Sunday, at 12:00, you'll show a resume showing what I request, but needing anyway to hover items to get all data instead of displaying them next to each device name (the heads at bottom/right of day change screen, with hovering to get waiting delay, instead of adding these data to the (already existing) information panel.)
But yeah, that's cheating... OK.

Are you seriously telling us here to NOT play your game until it's finished? Or is it a fallacy? Or bad faith? Because I hardly understand this argument, otherwise...

I don't mind sandbox games. I never needed a mod or anything else for "MIST", for example, or for "The Awakening", for "Desert Stalker", for "Hero Harem Guild", for "Deviant Anomalies", for "Twisted World", for "Corruption", or for most RPGM games - including NLT and Siren's ones. Or for near-sandbox games like "The DeLuca Family". At worst, I needed one or two things for the whole game just to save me a bit of time, and honestly a lot of them were related to misunderstanding something already written - I said it, English is not my native language, and slang/wordplays/cultural references are sometimes hard to understand.

I properly got through all the five "The Elder Scrolls", getting everything available, and I highly doubt that any sandbox game here can challenge the smallest TES game regarding grinding and content. This isn't the subject, it's only a matter of improving the UI. Nothing else. Even AAA games can be improved, it's proven each time a AAA game allows modding. I'm not even speaking about a fully revamped raid/PvP UI like we were used to have in WoW, but only an upgrade of an existing UI with existing data.

See above. Once you finished the doors, please go to each location with each girl, tell me how much time you needed to complete the "full scan".
Yeah, the mod allowed you to max out everything. I never used that - do you want my current save to check it? I was using only the ability to know, at a glance, that I had done all available content. Key words are "at a glance" and "all available content".
The fact that YOU, among all the people here, try to blame me for wanting to see ALL possible content - i.e. doing a "perfect run" - is somewhat... ironic, don't you think?

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You're right, none of it is needed and it never was needed. The game already gives you the information the mod did. Not even money is a necessary cheat, all you have to do is get the bar unlocked and upgraded. The things you buy with that money are supposed to take time, especially Sylvia. They were created and priced so that you would have to work to earn them.

No such GUI is needed, all information was provided in game before the mod was created and is still provided after Maim Lain disappeared. I also wouldn't say it's discontinued, the issue isn't that Maim quit the project entirely, it's that she hasn't been around.

Not sure what you mean by typing, the only typing is a few events and entering codes for cheats. The information is available by clicking a button. You don't have to go EVERYWHERE to see anything. There is a button right at the top of the main GUI for stats and there is an indicator for event status on the new day screen. There's also just clicking the doors, that's literally just nine clicks of thee mouse per day, ten if there's an event ready.

The third point is kind of going against your reasoning here. To paraphrase, you said you want things to be easier to access, but the new day screen is a place you will be going no matter where the information is, so it is the perfect place for the indicators of whether an event is ready or how many days need to pass, which was added in 0.14.1. Why make the extra clicks necessary to get out of the new day screen before seeing what events are ready or how many days need to pass yet?

Runey is neither telling us to not play before it is finished nor is what he is saying a fallacy. He is saying it is designed to be played as a finished product, most games are. This is why AAA developers don't put out their products before they complete them.

You don't need a mod for Harem Hotel, either, it was never necessary. This game's UI is fine the way it is, everything is presented somewhere in the UI, stats, events left to see, and now even when an event is ready or needs a few days. Anything else is presented in the text of events, they will blatantly tell you what to do next.

I needed MAYBE two minutes of real time for each patrol, maybe less than that and definitely not more than that, per day in game and only nine clicks unless there is an event ready, in which case it's ten to start the event. This is not counting time spent inside an event or the number of clicks made to progress event text.

I used to give myself money for a while, I find it more satisfying to start with nothing. I even used lain's mod in the early days, if naming the hotel was available back then it would be The Walkthrough Hotel. :sneaky:
Indeed, nothing is more satisfying that earning the progress by your own hands, well, fingers at least.

None a' dem fancy tricks were around back in my day... :ROFLMAO:
Ya had t' work fer what ya had! And it made ya 'priciate it!
She does indeed work hard for those headpats, that's why she's third best girl on my list out of a three way tie for best girl.

Wisblade

Jul 2, 2019
No such GUI is needed, all information was provided in game before the mod was created and is still provided after Maim Lain disappeared. I also wouldn't say it's discontinued, the issue isn't that Maim quit the project entirely, it's that she hasn't been around.
There are none so deaf as those who will not listen. Other people told it too, like Segnbora (sorry to tag you, dude, you're simply the closest in the thread I remember): it's a matter of TIME REQUIRED TO CHECK EVERYTHING. Nothing else. Making informations harder to collect don't add valuable play time.
A common thing in development is that "what is easy for the dev make user's experience harder, and what makes user's experience easier will make development harder". Someone has to "pay" the complexity and spend time: there is no free lunch.

Not sure what you mean by typing
You didn't get the analogy. Probably you never used a text terminal - not a problem in itself, the analogy was intended for a developper, and not an user. If you never made a cat piped to a grep from a /dev file, you won't get it.

This game's UI is fine the way it is
No, not at all, not even CLOSE to "fine". UI is awfully primitive and non-ergonomic - far from the "three-clicks rule", if you know what it is - if you don't, search on Internet, I won't teach a computer UI design course here. It isn't a hard-coded rule, but a goal that you should try to reach in all UI you can design.

Try the mod with an older version, MAYBE you'll understand. I mean really USE the mod, instead of doing what you usually do, and not simply load it, THEN maybe you'll understand.
Basically, you're telling me "I think it's useless, but I never tried it and don't want to, and I don't want to understand how it can be more comfortable WITHOUT spoiling ANYTHING in either the game itself or the story".

Therefore, there is no need to discuss anymore, because there is no debate and only ideology, there.

pablo.1297

Jan 2, 2019
Nobody knows anything about the problem with the menu and the options? I have really tried many things and it doesn't even let me load the old games.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
4.70 star(s) 453 Votes