TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've slept on 3 or 4 nights so far after having the option to her next level, I've attached my latest save (yes I know it's version 14.1, I was hoping to finish up everything available in that version before going to the latest, but this has blocked my Lin path as I needed the lvl32 to enable some extra content)
My suggestion then would be to update, I loaded your save in 16.2, and it jumped straight to the scene, despite the save being in the 2nd floor's hallway.
1673236208666.png
This was where it loaded for me.

Coren

May 8, 2020
Haha, to be honest I think the most important take away is the depth and nuance of opinion and focus. I think we all have opinions about what "enough" looks like and I did say "it feels" as opposed to "he is" because I'm no stranger to missing details.

This reminds me of Deborah Chester, an author I used to read when I was younger. She had a standard of writing trilogies where it was like two books of injustice and the final book of catharsis. Her protagonists were similar in their relative powerlessness, almost caught in a whirlwind of Murphy's Law. In those books I too, had a feeling that chaos was a step away and sleep was something of a luxury. I've been in situations where it felt like the only difference between salvation and despair was knowledge and work.

In those books I had to learn it was best to just feel and let the author tell the story and, no matter what opinion I may have as to the "justice" or the "reason" of the characters or the situation, the fact that I'm even there, mentally, is testament to the craft and it will be interesting to see where this goes.

Reactions: CptValor and Runey

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
My suggestion then would be to update, I loaded your save in 16.2, and it jumped straight to the scene, despite the save being in the 2nd floor's hallway.
View attachment 2296459
This was where it loaded for me.
that's just weird, I seem to remember that one in the bar with moon and maria (done and completed that...isn't it where moon gets drunk and goes back to your room with Maria/)....it was maybe four days before that save

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
that's just weird, I seem to remember that one in the bar with moon and maria (done and completed that...isn't it where moon gets drunk and goes back to your room with Maria/)....it was maybe four days before that save
Well, the scene immediately ended, so not sure. let me look again.

The sex scene was a bit later.

some other event triggered, so I have to skip a week.

**edit**
Okay, yeah, after going through Maria's next set of events, it triggered.
1673241811847.png
Have to wait for Maria's next couple events to trigger, she needs to go and come back.

Last edited:
Reactions: torresm

Kruggov

Jun 8, 2020
Did anyone have any updates from Lain regarding the mod? I don't think we've heard anything ever since that "hey guys, I'm alive and planning something big" post on discord.

Eurec

Jun 17, 2018
How about this for a friendly tip?
It's "worse" not "worst" and "than" not "then" and the occasional punctuation can be your friend. As far as mods go, in most cases the mod version should match the game version exactly to be compatible. The only exception would be if the version was "v0.16.x" or something similar because those will usually be compatible with every "v0.16" version.
Looks like we have an other nerd who has nothing better to do "than" correct strangers's grammar

torresm

Apr 5, 2020
I'd be glad if you could explain how to change the flags. I'm sure it would help many people, too. Thanks in advance :D
Sure, let's get to it then. Keep in mind that changing flags and variables like this has the potential to mess something up, so back up your saves before attempting it in case something goes wrong.

First you're gonna have to enable the console, it's disabled by default. Look for the file "[your game folder]\renpy\common\00console.rpy", open it with a text editor (I use Notepad++) and look for the line that says "config.console = False"
Change it to "config.console = True", save it/close it then run the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Load up your save file, then press Shift + O. If everything went right, you'll see the console window over the game. The variable you want to change is called "hasniasupplies". If you type that in the console (without quotes) it'll tell you the current value, which will probably be False since you're having trouble triggering the event; type in "hasniasupplies = True" (again, no quotes) to change the value. Now in my testing, the event won't trigger on the same day by changing the flag like this, so go do something else for the day, and on the next day go visit her in the sanctuary and see if it worked.

Reactions: TheDevian

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Sure, let's get to it then. Keep in mind that changing flags and variables like this has the potential to mess something up, so back up your saves before attempting it in case something goes wrong.

First you're gonna have to enable the console, it's disabled by default. Look for the file "[your game folder]\renpy\common\00console.rpy", open it with a text editor (I use Notepad++) and look for the line that says "config.console = False"
Change it to "config.console = True", save it/close it then run the game.

Load up your save file, then press Shift + O. If everything went right, you'll see the console window over the game. The variable you want to change is called "hasniasupplies". If you type that in the console (without quotes) it'll tell you the current value, which will probably be False since you're having trouble triggering the event; type in "hasniasupplies = True" (again, no quotes) to change the value. Now in my testing, the event won't trigger on the same day by changing the flag like this, so go do something else for the day, and on the next day go visit her in the sanctuary and see if it worked.
Yeah, definitely make backups, and don't change relationship levels.

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
uh I took some pics with felicity and emma, and now I have a bunch of elves I've never seen before living at hotel talking like I know who they are.

I am so confused.

It also keeps telling me to increase my relationship with Nia and wont let me go to my room. Who the fuck is Nia?

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
uh I took some pics with felicity and emma, and now I have a bunch of elves I've never seen before living at hotel talking like I know who they are.

I am so confused.

It also keeps telling me to increase my relationship with Nia and wont let me go to my room. Who the fuck is Nia?
They are part of Lin's story.... You should have had to buy them. Did you edit your save, or use a cheat code? Or ignore Lin?

Last edited:

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
They are part of Lin's story.... You should have had to buy them. Did you edit your save, or use a cheat code? Or ignore Lin?
I've done neither of those things. I walked downstairs, some elf was on my couch, the one I met earlier in Lin's story. Sylvia. She mentioned someone named Ann, some cops came in and got stabbed in the eyeball by the faries, they said Sylvia went back to her shed. I'm assumin the sancutary I built, which is empty.

The cutscene seems like a followup from the earlier one when the gang members came, but I have no idea why some of these characters are here. Never saw Sylvia again after the first time.

edit* also the only elf I've even had the option to buy is Jin. all the rest say coming soon.

edit2* 1673312586662.png wasn't lin's story anyway I was doing it seems.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
I've done neither of those things. I walked downstairs, some elf was on my couch, the one I met earlier in Lin's story. Sylvia. She mentioned someone named Ann, some cops came in and got stabbed in the eyeball by the faries, they said Sylvia went back to her shed. I'm assumin the sancutary I built, which is empty.

The cutscene seems like a followup from the earlier one when the gang members came, but I have no idea why some of these characters are here. Never saw Sylvia again after the first time.

edit* also the only elf I've even had the option to buy is Jin. all the rest say coming soon.

edit2* View attachment 2299157 wasn't lin's story anyway I was doing it seems.
Yeah, by the sounds of it, you focused on F&E and didn't keep up with the others.
That last F&E event likely assumes that you kept everyone up.

Sparhawker

Mar 23, 2022
Well, the scene immediately ended, so not sure. let me look again.

The sex scene was a bit later.

some other event triggered, so I have to skip a week.

**edit**
Okay, yeah, after going through Maria's next set of events, it triggered.
View attachment 2296580
Have to wait for Maria's next couple events to trigger, she needs to go and come back.
Not sure what the 'go and come back' refers to. I thought my Maria was at lvl 31 already, but I must admit your comment about upgrading is probably a good idea, I'll just have to hope I don't lose too much in the process. I was really enjoying playing through with Lain's (Laim's?) mod as it meant I could go from person to person at the right time and not try to figure out where to go. This is the second time I've played the game from the start, the first time with no mod I found very challenging seeing as I couldn't figure out what I needed to do at all. With this mod it has been enjoyable to play and the only grinding I've needed to do was to get certain stats up.
Thanks for the help.

vegeta0585

Apr 19, 2020
That wasn't a little bit, that was about 20 events ago. She only needs to have a 10 in her skills.
she doesnt have 10 exhibition yet. She had 0....kinda ignored that cause it's not my thing, and she's not available in the mornings, then some things forced on me after mornings, and I just kinda followed em. :shrug:

Not sure why it prevents me from doing things until I've done others in some situations, but in this one it let me cruise on through.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
Not sure what the 'go and come back' refers to. I thought my Maria was at lvl 31 already, but I must admit your comment about upgrading is probably a good idea, I'll just have to hope I don't lose too much in the process. I was really enjoying playing through with Lain's (Laim's?) mod as it meant I could go from person to person at the right time and not try to figure out where to go. This is the second time I've played the game from the start, the first time with no mod I found very challenging seeing as I couldn't figure out what I needed to do at all. With this mod it has been enjoyable to play and the only grinding I've needed to do was to get certain stats up.
Thanks for the help.
Maria wants to get a DNA test, that is 2-3 events, you need to finish those.
Personally, I have never used a mod, and the only event I ever had trouble triggering was when I was required to sleep alone.

IIRC, you were someone who edited your save file, who I talked to on Discord, which always causes issues, no matter how knowledgeable someone thinks they are, so odds are, that is why you are having issues. Editing the relationship level, or using any of those kind of cheats, will break your save pretty much every time.
she doesnt have 10 exhibition yet. She had 0....kinda ignored that cause it's not my thing, and she's not available in the mornings, then some things forced on me after mornings, and I just kinda followed em. :shrug:

Not sure why it prevents me from doing things until I've done others in some situations, but in this one it let me cruise on through.
You can do 2 of those events per day, so it should take 5-6 days, if you are not interrupted by other events. So, while that F&E event should check for Sylvia to be there (Runey), the odds of someone being 22 events behind is pretty low.

Reactions: rKnight
4.70 star(s) 453 Votes