Zinban

Jul 30, 2022
Renpy error and fatal crash on the main menu. Nice.

Can't even start the game. Quality work!

Error text below if you care.

------------------------------

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
I assume, it would help to know, if you used a mod or not.
Seems one case (you) vs. a lot other who can play. Also as Runey do Alpha, Beta and Pre-Release that are release for the corresponding Patreon group, I would be more than suprised, if such a major error would make it undedected through all this steps.
I think he care, but I would be pleased if you could put that in a spoiler tag, so that this doesn't eat that much space.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

I'm not too sure, but it could have something to do a mod

RandyPhoenix

Engaged Member
Jun 30, 2018
I would appreciate a review :)

Hana is a closet pervert, and you found out what she does in the closet.
What do you mean inconsistency of girls clothing? I mean, people do change clothes from time to time. That's a normal human thing that humans do.

The original size of Harem Hotel is close to 100GB. this is the compressed version.

This is the biggest update yet, you just haven't found the content.

There is too much to remake in one update. And then you would be complaining about how I made a whole ass update with no new story and just focused on remaking old content.
I literaly stated I wouldn't complain about it with wanting you made them in one update, sure some people might complain, yet it's better than you doing this over and over again, didn't you read other people comments with every update about this? Even couple pages ago I saw other couple people complanining about you making this remades with every update instead of doing it one go, so I guess people don't like it, what you think? :D

And yeah, some people might complain you doing update with full of remade content and not with new content, but that would be only one time complain, because you would finish whole remade content, instead you keep hearing new people seeing this game first time or people who waiting this remade things end to start complain with every update, I mean it's your game, but let's be real, I didn't played game for 3 updates and I'm still waiting you complete remades to start again, because it's annoying and I saw comments about some people doing same as well.

Choice is yours tho, your game, your way to make updates, still personaly I found nonsense doing remade updates along with new content and constantly remade content instead of finishing one go, it's just annoying. I don't want to look old scenes, check my saves, etc, for every new update and for different events you remade, it takes the fun of playing the game, instead I would prefer it's done with one update, so I can look all of them in one go and newer touch them again and just wait for new content updates.

Last edited:

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019

Did you by any chance install a mod today, or in the past?
It is a well known issue of the mod that was available that if you try to use a save that was made with the mod installed on a later release without installing the mod, the game will almost always crash.
That is an issue with the mod, and not the game.
I stopped using mods on this game a long time ago, because of that and have not had one single crash or error since then.

WOOHOO!!!!!!!! 900 posts!!!!!

Reactions: TheDevian and c3p0

lewdgirl69

Nov 22, 2019
I'm not too sure, but it could have something to do a mod
Hi Runey, I'm always happy to see a Harem Hotel update. Is there any possibility you can add a variant of at least Jin's dungeons scenes back after she goes cold turkey (or a memory of them). Maybe she could RP as her old self? It feels like a really short period for me where you can actually H with Jin before she changes.

I've restarted a few times now to try to get permanent H with Jin because she's my spirit animal but seems like no matter the choices it always ends up the same way.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I literaly stated I wouldn't complain about it with wanting you made them in one update, sure some people might complain, yet it's better than you doing this over and over again, didn't you read other people comments with every update about this? Even couple pages ago I saw other couple people complanining about you making this remades with every update instead of doing it one go, so I guess people don't like it, what you think? :D

And yeah, some people might complain you doing update with full of remade content and not with new content, but that would be only one time complain, because you would finish whole remade content, instead you keep hearing new people seeing this game first time or people who waiting this remade things end to start complain with every update, I mean it's your game, but let's be real, I didn't played game for 3 updates and I'm still waiting you complete remades to start again, because it's annoying and I saw comments about some people doing same as well.

Choice is yours tho, your game, your way to make updates, still personaly I found nonsense doing remade updates along with new content and constantly remade content instead of finishing one go, it's just annoying. I don't want to look old scenes, check my saves, etc, for every new update and for different events you remade, it takes the fun of playing the game, instead I would prefer it's done with one update, so I can look all of them in one go and newer touch them again and just wait for new content updates.
Even with Runey redoing older content with the last few releases of Harem Hotel, updates of new content are still far larger than 90% of the games on F95.
I personally prefer the updates being done the way Runey has been doing it, compared to how I have seen other devs do it. That being releasing an update with new old content, and no "NEW" content.
It really pisses me off when a dev makes you wait for months for an update, and all you get is a little updated old content, and bug fixes, and zero new content.

Last edited:

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
MY DUDE SAID TALKING ABOUT ELF SLAVERY IS WOKE :KEK: This has to be a new low for you people.

Look at him go, he don't stop :KEK: he thinks he's actually saying something
It's times like this that I can feel proud if someone considers me "woke" because it seems to be much better than the alternative nowadays.

Runey
I appreciate the update, but the stories are in English and not in Spanish, I would like to know if those stories are going to be translated in a patch that always exists
I think Runey has stated before that he welcomes anyone willing to help/create translations for various languages.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
I haven't searched too much yet, but thought I'd ask anyway...

I get in my car which turns into a bus and drops me off at a bus stop. I've wandered
around but haven't found the bowling alley bar yet so I can get a job making deliveries.

Maybe still in development?
Thanks,

Cheers

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I haven't searched too much yet, but thought I'd ask anyway...

I get in my car which turns into a bus and drops me off at a bus stop. I've wandered
around but haven't found the bowling alley bar yet so I can get a job making deliveries.

Maybe still in development?
Thanks,

Cheers
Clicking the grey options will give you more information. To discover the bowling bar, you need to explore.

ChildofIshtar

Jul 23, 2021
1687032588402.png

So... you know when you said a thing as if you knew what you were talking about, but actually, you had no idea?

The quality Runey is looking for in the remakes requires a level of work that far exceeds the content of any single update. They're doing things this way because it's the only way to continually make these improvements without completely halting forward development for the foreseeable future. Take a step back, and realize that you're literally complaining that the dev is spending time improving the product.

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Clicking the grey options will give you more information. To discover the bowling bar, you need to explore.
Thank you. Sorry I was thinking I'd just run into it via the choices... Not by following
the story. Much better.

Cheers.

I am enjoying it very much. Started over just for fun.

Akintar

Mar 22, 2021
Not running any mods, I just don't have that folder/file and I don't recall deleting anything.
You can just delete the game folder and download it again, if you are on pc you won't lose your saves and its probably faster than trying to fix it

KonfinedKnat

Apr 1, 2022
Not running any mods, I just don't have that folder/file and I don't recall deleting anything.
Did you download the "Update Only" version of the game? If so, had you already downloaded the full version of the game from at least v0.15 previously, and did you follow the instructions for how to install the update version into the original game?

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes