RPDL

do torrent. go fast.
Donor
Dec 17, 2020
please tell me some good soul to compress the game will either post the update that allows you to turn version 0.16 into 0.17 because where I live doesn't allow me to download faster than 100 kb per second and the download is 11gb T.T
Compressed update patch was posted here.

Uthuriel

Conversation Conqueror
Jan 26, 2021
please tell me some good soul to compress the game will either post the update that allows you to turn version 0.16 into 0.17 because where I live doesn't allow me to download faster than 100 kb per second and the download is 11gb T.T
How is the weather on the moon this time of the year? :KEK:

• Haha
Reactions: TheDevian

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
This is the compressed version, the original size is closer to 100GB. A supercompressed version may come. But there is also an update only patch in the OP.

r6nv9as64ndaoiy

Nov 8, 2020
Welp, another half a year and still no sex with Autumn. How this fact has not become a meme yet baffles me, after all these years since Autumn was introduced.

I'm not going to complain about game becoming more story-intensive, because I like reading and immersing myself into interesting world, but I dislike it being done at the expense of, well, H-scenes.

(Not saying that to offend anyone, if that's the case)

Also, Runey, why are you keeping making animations as separate webp frames? You can make animations in 60fps in webm with almost lossless compression and they could be smaller than whatever you're doing right now. I mean I saw some of the animations as webms (maybe those were AHITR collab ones?) and I don't know why you stopped doing it.

For me it seems like such a waste of space to have lesser quality animations for unknown reasons.

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
I'll only recommend a restart if I think it's absolutely worth it, and I don't think that will happen again until v0.19 or v0.20. At that point I should have all or most of the content I've wanted to remake completely remade.
Thanks much. I really appreciate this.

Unfortunately, I'm a bit handcuffed re: my most recent saves, as I was playing with the...well, you know what I'm going to say. So even just playing to see the new content requires a restart. My problem, not yours. That said, given your answer and the possibility that I'll have to start from scratch anyway, I'll probably wait until v0.20.

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
Welp, another half a year and still no sex with Autumn. How this fact has not become a meme yet baffles me, after all these years since Autumn was introduced.

I'm not going to complain about game becoming more story-intensive, because I like reading and immersing myself into interesting world, but I dislike it being done at the expense of, well, H-scenes.

(Not saying that to offend anyone, if that's the case)

Also, Runey, why are you keeping making animations as separate webp frames? You can make animations in 60fps in webm with almost lossless compression and they could be smaller than whatever you're doing right now. I mean I saw some of the animations as webms (maybe those were AHITR collab ones?) and I don't know why you stopped doing it.

For me it seems like such a waste of space to have lesser quality animations for unknown reasons.
I think if you pay attention to Autumn's story you would know why it isn't available. It shouldn't baffle you at all if you've read it. She's a religious girl who comes from a very conservative family. Anal is coming soon though. The ol' poophole loophole. That's been teased in her story.

Renpy is incapable of looping videos seamlessly, there is always a stutter at the last frame and it gets worse the more it is looped. But with individual images, you get perfectly seamless animations. This images also don't need to be compressed like the videos do in Renpy, so these frames maintain a higher quality too.

r6nv9as64ndaoiy

Nov 8, 2020
I think if you pay attention to Autumn's story you would know why it isn't available. It shouldn't baffle you at all if you've read it. She's a religious girl who comes from a very conservative family. Anal is coming soon though. The ol' poophole loophole. That's been teased in her story.

Renpy is incapable of looping videos seamlessly, there is always a stutter at the last frame and it gets worse the more it is looped. But with individual images, you get perfectly seamless animations. This images also don't need to be compressed like the videos do in Renpy, so these frames maintain a higher quality too.
I'm paying attention to it, thank you very much. And I'm still expressing dissatisfaction. Making girl a religious whore is not an excuse to delay the inevitable for literal years. Hell, if she's so religious, we could've had no content and it would still be technically okay because "hurr durr religious". Obviously you can do it, but so can I complain about it.

About videos — I played probably hundreds of renpy games and inspected their internals (don't look at me — it's a hobby). Most of good ones use video and I haven't seen stutter in them. Also I've experimented directly with HH, converting webps to webms and comparing quality/size and haven't seen any stutter.

Yes, there could be bugs and you can always screw up with video editing. So I really don't know.

• Angry
Reactions: Evil13 and luwinkle

Segnbora

Aug 30, 2017
Making [a] girl a religious whore is not an excuse to delay the inevitable for literal years.
If you reimagine Runey's releases as frequent and short, rather than infrequent and epic, it's not actually that much time. It seems like forever because it's been that in real time rather than HH time, but given that pretty much everyone else in the game gave it up with a sideways glance, there's nothing wrong with Autumn taking a bit longer.

DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
I'm paying attention to it, thank you very much. And I'm still expressing dissatisfaction. Making girl a religious whore is not an excuse to delay the inevitable for literal years. Hell, if she's so religious, we could've had no content and it would still be technically okay because "hurr durr religious". Obviously you can do it, but so can I complain about it.

About videos — I played probably hundreds of renpy games and inspected their internals (don't look at me — it's a hobby). Most of good ones use video and I haven't seen stutter in them. Also I've experimented directly with HH, converting webps to webms and comparing quality/size and haven't seen any stutter.

Yes, there could be bugs and you can always screw up with video editing. So I really don't know.
Wow, I also like Autumn the most, and often "joke" on here about getting her into my bed, but wow.
It will happen when it fits into the story, and no sooner.
Be patient, or stop playing for a few releases and try again at a later date.
Insisting that a game creator force content into a story before the story is ready for it to happen, will only hurt the story in the long run.
You are obviously ready for it, but the story is not.
Example: in this very release Autumn learned just how fucked up her religion is.
Also, there was the depressing details that she got from Lin at the dinner.
Was she supposed to run home and jump into MC's bed?
Neither of those events would inspire her to be in the mood for sex.
That would be really stupid of her to do. She is learning, and as she learns, she gets closer to what we want.
Harem Hotel is obviously a story that is designed to run for the long haul and as such, shit will happen when the time is right.

Also, as Runey has said multiple times.
In game time is only a few weeks, which is not that long to wait for it to happen.
The problem is, you are playing the game before it is done.
Can't blame Runey if you chose to play before it was complete.

Last edited:

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018

Alright dude, relax. I understand that you're dissatisfied, but you said it baffled you. I'm specifically responding to the wording you chose to type. It may be years in real life, but it will be weeks in game. I don't develop this game with the immediate present in mind, I am looking at this game as a whole because I want to complete it. To do that, I need to tell a good story and not cave in to every demand from people.

I also really doubt this is how you would interact with me in real life, or anyone in real life for that matter. I'm a developer who is here to listen to feedback in hopes of making my game better. Which is not something I need to be doing. I choose to do it.

4.70 star(s) 452 Votes