DigDug69

Jun 29, 2019
OK, anyway, we should come up with answers to A11-Y's questions in case that they will ask any of these questions again.

The questions:
"Why am I not allowed to play in the dungeon?": She is still under warranty, and the MC might break her.
"Do android kids get presents from Santa?": Yes, batteries, but Maria will exchange the batteries for cash.
"Is Die Hard a Christmas Movie?": Yes.

Nov 10, 2023
"Why am I not allowed to play in the dungeon?": She is still under warranty, and the MC might break her.
I was thinking about saying that she doesn't have the correct body to play in the dungeon and she needs to wait until we will get her a better body, or that she is too young to play in the dungeon and she needs to wait until she gets older, because the dungeon is only for grown-ups.

"Do android kids get presents from Santa?": Yes, batteries, but Maria will exchange the batteries for cash.
I am not sure if A11-Y is powered by batteries or why they would need batteries, so yes, A11-Y is probably selling the batteries from Santa to Maria, but what could she be doing with the cash?

Runey

Harem Hotel
Game Developer
May 17, 2018
I've thought of that before, but it tends to make me a little sympathetic. An indie Dev would essentially have to start planning their next game somewhere around the halfway mark of the current one, then start developing it as the current game was being finished, and bank that the support will still be there for the new project, because doing this has turned into their livelihood. That is a rough set of circumstances.

At the same time, it is a bit questionable for some of these to end up being projects that go on for five years after getting significant support. This is kind of the point where that fact that these projects get started with no long term plan (because success is so uncertain) starts causing some issues.
I really wish the subject wouldn't get so heated though.
A project going for longer than 5 years is a sign of success. It's only when a project stops being developed or when a project's development slows down that questions should be raised. We can look at examples such as GTA 6 being developed for 10 years, the whole Harry Potter series 17 years, One Piece for 25+ years. These projects can afford to be developed for so long because they're successful, otherwise they would move on to something different. Considering HH has about as much words as the first 4/7 Harry Potter books combined, I'd say I'm making wonderful progress, and in about 1/4th the time. (4 and a half years). After all, more money, after a certain point, doesn't mean a project gets done faster. Likewise it doesn't mean the Harry Potter sequels will be better than the original, it's just a sign of success or hype.

Harem Hotel is an Odyssey, unlike Harry Potter but similar to One Piece. It has an ending point in mind, or a direction, but it does not have everything between the beginning and end planned. We have story beats we want to hit of course. Another comparison could be Jazz. Jazz music heavily relies on improvisation and goes on as long as the composer wants it to. Being able to play Jazz is a testament to the composers skill because they're able to seamlessly continue playing music for hours if they wanted to while staying on rhythm and maintaining harmony in a live setting.

Unfortunately it's very common for things to get heated on F95, even extremely mundane things.

Last edited:

toyohew900

Dec 12, 2020
A project going for longer than 5 years is a sign of success. It's only when a project stops being developed or when a project's development slows down that questions should be raised. We can look at examples such as GTA 6 being developed for 10 years, the whole Harry Potter series 17 years, One Piece for 25+ years. These projects can afford to be developed for so long because they're successful, otherwise they would move on to something different. Considering HH has about as much words as the first 4/7 Harry Potter books combined, I'd say I'm making wonderful progress, and in about 1/4th the time. (4 and a half years). After all, more money, after a certain point, doesn't mean a project gets done faster. Likewise it doesn't mean the Harry Potter sequels will be better than the original, it's just a sign of success or hype.

Harem Hotel is an Odyssey, unlike Harry Potter but similar to One Piece. It has an ending point in mind, or a direction, but it does not have everything between the beginning and end planned. We have story beats we want to hit of course. Another comparison could be Jazz. Jazz music heavily relies on improvisation and goes on as long as the composer wants it to. Being able to play Jazz is a testament to the composers skill because they're able to seamlessly continue playing music for hours if they wanted to while staying on rhythm and maintaining harmony in a live setting.

Unfortunately it's very common for things to get heated on F95, even extremely mundane things.
The hardest part of making anything significant is the tenacity to continue despite self-doubt. Runey, you're making something wonderful and you're doing it the right way. Keep it up, and don't let the assholes or even your biggest supporters sway you. If your vision has taken you to where we are today, that vision is the best possible way to finish it.

c3p0

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Nov 20, 2017
when will the update be hear Harem Hotel v0.18 Beta 1
When someone leak it. Don't get your hopes up, the few times it has happened the whole backlash from an unfinished product, that can break your saves has given almost all patron of Runey the understanding that leaking this may be not be the best idea.
Also TheDevian does it count for the poor fairies?

Strike-10

Jan 19, 2022
So … as a curiosity I was dinking around … and noticed an oddity.

Moon,Maria, & Mc event that starts in the Onsen and finishes in Mc’s room is gone … I think.

I looked though the change log and didn’t see a rework or any other mention of the removal.

Anyone have any additional info??

I‘m going to assume it was probably temporarily removed to improve the moon progression arc (eventually) … however IMO … it’s a somewhat unnecessary rework … I found the old/previous storyline cute, funny, & not cookie cutter.

*Edit I did a search with the terms Moon & Onsen … I ran into a previous posting of mine back in may where I mentioned about the scene not being in gallery … we sorta came to the undocumented conclusion that it wasn’t there because it it’s changing… but at that point I’m pretty certain it was still IN GAME … it isn’t in the game anymore.

Shame that the removal wasn’t mentioned in the change log in any way.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: TheDevian
4.70 star(s) 453 Votes