2. Go to Settings and select Windowed mode
  3. Close the game
  4. Right click on HARLEM2.EXE
  5. Select properties
  6. Go to Compatibility tab
  7. Enable [Reduced color mode]
  8. Select 16-bit at the dropdown below
  9. Click OK and and run HARLEM2.EXE again
Or use DXWND like I did.. using DXWND I was even able to set the window size.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
If this is a PC game why did someone suggest using Neko-i-don't-know-what?
Only the first was a pc98 game, no?

kaizoman

Jan 15, 2019
Yep like Knights of Xentar.. DOS game I have the game and you have to play it using a software like DOS Box. True RPG game but when you rescue damsel or that you got a nice reward scene with the damsel.
yeah thats been before my time. im 27 now and i got my firts pc when i was 12 :D

The Butler

May 3, 2017
If this is a PC game why did someone suggest using Neko-i-don't-know-what?
Only the first was a pc98 game, no?
This is a PC98 game as well.
But later GIGA release it as a CD game. instead of floppy disk.
Latest game version is 1.04 which is also the latest translation version. And as I said before the translation author latest patch is 1.04 which corrected a some bugs and problems with his first translation (1.0).
However latest patch will only work (be applied) to HDI format. And the translator won't say how to make the game in HDI. To prevent piracy.

I looked around and what I could fetch was a CDI (Old CD image similar to .iso).

Last edited:
Reactions: derakino999

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
All right, then now my real question The Butler ,is why did javyscap_1 mention something about HARLEM2.EXE, if this is an HDI game played through Neko emulator?

Or what is it that it is exactly this download? I haven't had the chance to dowbload it as my connection is pretty bad

Edit: i may be a dumbass, i sweard i saw filesize was 1gb

Last edited:

The Butler

May 3, 2017
All right, then now my real question The Butler ,is why did javyscap_1 mention something about HARLEM2.EXE, if this is an HDI game played through Neko emulator?

Or what is it that it is exactly this download? I haven't had the chance to dowbload it as my connection is pretty bad

Edit: i may be a dumbass, i sweard i saw filesize was 1gb
Both the game and the translation patch posted here are v1.00.
However the Latest game version is 1.04 as well as translation. And as I said before...
Unfortunately the Translator is using another way to patch the game which requires the game in .HDI to work and he himself also recommended using the emulator to run the game.
As you may have noticed (or not) when you run this version of the game (1,00) from the .exe, it's a bit slowed down.
That's is also an issue for running it outside the emlator.

EDIT: NVM what I said, I made a mistake. Current game/patch (posted here) is the most updated version out there.
I confused the 2 versions of the patches that were on the translator website.

Last edited:
Reactions: derakino999

PineappleOnPizza

Mar 3, 2018
Both the game and the translation patch posted here are v1.00.
However the Latest game version is 1.04 as well as translation. And as I said before...
Unfortunately the Translator is using another way to patch the game which requires the game in .HDI to work and he himself also recommended using the emulator to run the game.
As you may have noticed (or not) when you run this version of the game (1,00) from the .exe, it's a bit slowed down.
That's is also an issue for running it outside the emlator.
I'm pretty sure the 1.04 patch is for the first Harlem Blade game. The patch version for Dark Angel is still 1.00

The Butler

May 3, 2017
I'm pretty sure the 1.04 patch is for the first Harlem Blade game. The patch version for Dark Angel is still 1.00
Meh I actually feel dumb now, after doing a more proper research the 1.04 is indeed for the first version of the game.
So I'd like to apologize for what I said before.
I also spent a couple of hours searching for a game version which doesn't exist which makes me feel even dumber.

So what really matters now is a way to get the translation files and fix them (by get I mean access the text.).

zBloodSouls

Mar 22, 2021
Does anyone know how to get the boat? I simply can't do it since the guards always pull me off, maybe I missed something, I don't know.

derakino999

Sep 30, 2017
Hello, can someone help me?
I have tried running this game on a laptop that has w10, intel hd440 graphics, 8gbram, and it crashes on boot.
It loads the arrow and the sword logo, then it plays a sound like an explosion, then it closes.

I have another old ASS laptop where it does run but its slow as fuck.

So far i have tried compatibility settings, and the subsequent options (reduced color, resolution, etc) to no avail.

I also am in japanese locale as well.

Akrizael

Apr 17, 2018
sdfdfsdfdfs.png
Sup'
I tried everything i could, but whatever i do (reducing color, 800x640, compatibility w7, japanese local, local emulator, supplmental font) blablabla nothing work and i find nothing about it.. Someone have an idea?

Chikafy

May 25, 2020
Tried opening the game and its slow as fck fps was too low.
do you guys know how to fix it?