RPGM Abandoned Harshville [v1.5] [Banished]

3.50 star(s) 14 Votes

Anonymous100

Jul 7, 2017
As sad as it is to say this, this game should have the abandoned tag. Updates on the game come very rarely and when they do, it's a negligible update with like 1 scene. It may as well get the abandoned tag.

Gcdhdf

Feb 6, 2020
4 questions
1) when I was in greens cafe Shireen told me to come to her place but I no idea where it is

2 ) can I buy one from the 4 slaves?

3 ) when I work as a server boy I only find the same customers , 2 blond , the heel girl and the green one , I want another customers who really paying well , how to get rid of them?

4) last thing, does the scanner have any use?

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
4 questions
1) when I was in greens cafe Shireen told me to come to her place but I no idea where it is

2 ) can I buy one from the 4 slaves?
1) This is one of 2 palaces in the city, you need the one on the right side (if you walk from the entrance to the city).
2) No.

kazhir

Jun 6, 2020
I remember it was the first game that made me discover that there was actually games of this genre, i'm not a creator because, i'm not good enough with computer, i got alot of twisted ideas to create one.

I know that the niche of femdom games is not the biggest ones, meaning less chance to make good money out of it, that is probably one of many reasons why so many games are abandoned or on hold till the creator find motivation to work on it again.

I've supported Banished for several month on Patreon, and will start to support him again, but he need to start working on his games again, and give more update then one every 4-5 months on his patreon page.

Deleted member 5475472

I think… this is it.
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2022
Yes, he told me he would be coming back but he is not sure when. (I hope sooner rather than later..) But if even the LEGENDARY game creator Salia Coel was inspired by this game then that really shows how much of a masterpiece this game was ;-;
Sorry! Late to the party, as I think many of us was inspired by him as well as I was. I honestly thought he decided to stop developing all together.

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
In the correspondence, I suggested to the developer to give access to the source files of this game to other developers who want to finish this project, if he himself decided to abandon it.
He wrote that the game is not abandoned and he plans to return to its development, the correspondence was about a year ago.
It's a pity if this project will freeze for centuries where it left off ...
Ah, if only the banished would heed my suggestion, we could get multiple endings for our favorite hardcore from different developers. And at the same time, one of them could be from the developer himself sooner or later...

Deleted member 5475472

I think… this is it.
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2022
In the correspondence, I suggested to the developer to give access to the source files of this game to other developers who want to finish this project, if he himself decided to abandon it.
He wrote that the game is not abandoned and he plans to return to its development, the correspondence was about a year ago.
It's a pity if this project will freeze for centuries where it left off ...
Ah, if only the banished would heed my suggestion, we could get multiple endings for our favorite hardcore from different developers. And at the same time, one of them could be from the developer himself sooner or later...
hmm. The source file would certainly help. But giving it to another dev is a tough one since the vision might change you know?

I can easily grab the files and make an editable version (I have created a game with rpgmaker before. See signature lol) but, I also never wanted to do that without his permission. Plus I always wanted him to finish it.

from a dev who ended up abandoning his game I understand shit happens.

I reached out a few months back and he told me he practically retired but idk if he has other plans. I don’t keep in contact with him much he seems super busy.

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
hmm. The source file would certainly help. But giving it to another dev is a tough one since the vision might change you know?

I can easily grab the files and make an editable version (I have created a game with rpgmaker before. See signature lol) but, I also never wanted to do that without his permission. Plus I always wanted him to finish it.

from a dev who ended up abandoning his game I understand shit happens.

I reached out a few months back and he told me he practically retired but idk if he has other plans. I don’t keep in contact with him much he seems super busy.
I gave up my game before I could start it, out of a bunch of ideas, the ability to program and draw (create 3d), I only have ideas.
From the fact that each author has his own vision, the game will not turn into shit. It's just that everyone will have their own continuation and end. Have you seen the movie 4 rooms? One hotel, one main character, 4 episodes and 4 directors. I will not say that this is a masterpiece of world cinema, but it turned out quite interesting. Of course, I understand that this is a different case, but I think you understand what I mean.
Another thing is that it is not profitable for him from a financial point of view if other developers can make money on this project, but I just made an attempt because I really fell in love with this game.

Deleted member 5475472

I think… this is it.
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2022
I gave up my game before I could start it, out of a bunch of ideas, the ability to program and draw (create 3d), I only have ideas.
From the fact that each author has his own vision, the game will not turn into shit. It's just that everyone will have their own continuation and end. Have you seen the movie 4 rooms? One hotel, one main character, 4 episodes and 4 directors. I will not say that this is a masterpiece of world cinema, but it turned out quite interesting. Of course, I understand that this is a different case, but I think you understand what I mean.
Another thing is that it is not profitable for him from a financial point of view if other developers can make money on this project, but I just made an attempt because I really fell in love with this game.

Trust me, developing isn’t easy, and I understand giving up or getting overwhelmed. It’s why I kinda stopped but I promise, it’s fun! At least for me. Or it was.

I haven’t but the way you described gives me an understanding! That’s super cool and unique. I may need to check it out. But yes I agree and understand your points.

Personally, I can create 3D, write, and I have ideas. However, I’m not the best at 3D and it takes way too long so I tend to focus on text only.

For the record, I too love the game and it inspired me to make Death’s punishment.

I would have also made the game free as I never want to profit on my games. I may ask him to see how he feels about it. Though, I doubt I could make any 3D models like he did haha.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Zred. and ajmay2

FDMuser

Mar 16, 2021
Trust me, developing isn’t easy, and I understand giving up or getting overwhelmed. It’s why I kinda stopped but I promise, it’s fun! At least for me. Or it was.

I haven’t but the way you described gives me an understanding! That’s super cool and unique. I may need to check it out. But yes I agree and understand your points.

Personally, I can create 3D, write, and I have ideas. However, I’m not the best at 3D and it takes way too long so I tend to focus on text only.

For the record, I too love the game and it inspired me to make Death’s punishment.

I would have also made the game free as I never want to profit on my games. I may ask him to see how he feels about it. Though, I doubt I could make any 3D models like he did haha.
I played your game, I really liked it, but there were critically not enough drawings or 3D.
By the way, I noticed that 3D models of people are mainly bought by game creators, even such powerful projects as for example (Carlasson's Gambit), Although the Ferocious Goddess Tess herself
(the creator of the game) makes money on 3D interior design.

Deleted member 5475472

I think… this is it.
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2022
I played your game, I really liked it, but there were critically not enough drawings or 3D.
By the way, I noticed that 3D models of people are mainly bought by game creators, even such powerful projects as for example (Carlasson's Gambit), Although the Ferocious Goddess Tess herself
(the creator of the game) makes money on 3D interior design.
thank you for playing it and the kind words! Yeah, it’s a text based game haha. Easier to create.

I’m not sure I understand, are you saying they buy the models? Because that’s true.

if you ever feel like sharing ideas send me an inbox I’d love to hear them!

DangleDing

Jan 31, 2019
yeah but if hes stopped making the game anyways and retired from it its not profitable either way anymore so I don't really see the harm

scoobzz

Dec 6, 2018
TBH if you wanted access to Harshville's source code, you'd be better off just making a harshville-like game from scratch and make it open source. It'd be hard to keep it open source though. If you could find coders interested in contributing, it'd be difficult to jump neck deep into another project and quite a bit of effort to make additions with some semblance of cohesion; quite a bit of debugging and untangling with multiple coders entering and exiting the project.

Art is another animal entirely, as you'd want a consistent 'style' across all artwork for a cohesive experience. For 2d art, it effectively limits you to a single artist which sort of kills the potential for small contributions from an open community. 3d art is more reasonable, but there are other challenges (besides the still somewhat stylistic techniques for posing, rendering and lighting) with assets. Most free assets are copyrighted or unusable for the project (no NSFW features). Good assets cost money and are licensed to a single user (Daz, MMD, etc...), though if pirating assets in a completely free game isn't an issue you at least avoid the risk of DMCA. Open-sourcing other users' pc's as render farms is a huge possibility for one of the biggest bottlenecks with 3d art though. If you otherwise had copyright over your model and could release it for widespread use, it'd be relatively easy to 'crowd source' art, as 3d art is a much more manageable skill than 2d art.

One idea I've thought about for a while is using 3d toon shaded models to create 2d art (think dragonball fighter z, genshin impact, etc). These types of models however are simply not available with NSFW features as the technique is still so new and very few artists have the skill to do it. There are some 3d modelers taking commissions, but you can expect to pay $2000-3000 for a highly functional model. That model however could pay for itself ten-fold if community funded, and would create so much better art than the usual Daz game.

Deleted member 5475472

I think… this is it.
Game Developer
Nov 4, 2022
TBH if you wanted access to Harshville's source code, you'd be better off just making a harshville-like game from scratch and make it open source.

You have a good point. Starting from scratch is easier. Especially since there are bugs and such that haven’t been addressed in the current game lol.

Only issue with open sourcing it, is the plugins some of them I have are paid (then again this is uh f95 lol)

Did you know Fem u zero is a contribution of more than one dev? But honestly they are doing well. I believe that’s rare to find a group that work together and jump in and out. So I agree with you!

Art is the biggest issue, I think it’s one of the biggest problems for games lol. There is a lot of legality issues etc with daz you are correct.

3D is easier than 2d but holy hell is it time consuming as well. You hit the nail on the head here.

3D toon, would be cool and is a great idea. I had no idea it was that pricy!

Honestly, the hopes of someone making a good replacement is slim. And we just have to accept the game as it is, abandon and hope more games come out.

It’s ironic I’m talking like this since I’m one of the developers who got inspired by the game and had to step away from my game lol.

clockworker1

Aug 11, 2018
So Death's Punishment is also your game. I have played it at least three times, and so are Harshville. I like these two games in terms of words. It's a pity to give up, but thank you for letting me play such a good game.

3.50 star(s) 14 Votes