Unreal Engine Head Game [v0.2 alpha] [HGosling]

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I created a dedicated Unreal project file I use to create custom character DLCs etc. At the moment I can't share it, but in the future I will. That project file will include all custom asset types of my game including characters, sounds, textures etc. so you can create your own mods/DLCs. Right now I still need to fix/implement a lot of core stuff on the main game, so I don't want to release any mod tools before Head Game is somewhat stable and feature complete. Another issue is that DAZ is a real bitch when it comes to people including their stuff in an unpackaged game / asset. A guy got sued by them, because he added preview characters using the DAZ rig to his (just the rig, no meshes).
DAz had "interactive licence" for a reason. yes, there is a reason why some licence cost more than a RTX4070...
DAZ has always been clear with that, 2D renders are free, but anything that touch 3D require that licence. if the product doesnt show/include this licence, then it can not be used for 3D project. Alots of creators of models doesnt include this at base, more of them make it pay separatly, and finally some just doesnt have one because they dont want their model to be used in 3D stuff.

DAZ is not a "real bitch", they are clear on that. it is what it is. But some people just doesnt care and think they can do whatever they want with what they bougth, but that's not how it work.

more info here

HGosling

Sep 11, 2017
DAz had "interactive licence" for a reason. yes, there is a reason why some licence cost more than a RTX4070...
DAZ has always been clear with that, 2D renders are free, but anything that touch 3D require that licence. if the product doesnt show/include this licence, then it can not be used for 3D project. Alots of creators of models doesnt include this at base, more of them make it pay separatly, and finally some just doesnt have one because they dont want their model to be used in 3D stuff.

DAZ is not a "real bitch", they are clear on that. it is what it is. But some people just doesnt care and think they can do whatever they want with what they bougth, but that's not how it work.

more info here
I understand what the license is and why it is important. I am just not OK with their pricing model. There are assets which have a base price of 5$ and the the interactive license is always 50$, unless you wait until the stars align and there is a sale. If you compare it to any other asset store those prices are insane. Unfortunately DAZ has kind of a monopoly for customizable character and clothing models, at least when it comes to the diversity of their store.

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016
I understand what the license is and why it is important. I am just not OK with their pricing model. There are assets which have a base price of 5$ and the the interactive license is always 50$, unless you wait until the stars align and there is a sale. If you compare it to any other asset store those prices are insane. Unfortunately DAZ has kind of a monopoly for customizable character and clothing models, at least when it comes to the diversity of their store.
price difference is normal. just because when it's in 3D, you can modify everything. that include convert it for another engine such as unreal, unity etc... if you got the licence, you can do that. you can also modify the character more deeply and it's already rigged (wich is what cost the most in others ways).

unreal does have some nice models too with customization outfits, body, etc.. including nude.
to me, main problem with daz models is the overziser (weitghed) textures, yes it look nice, cool and all, but damn that's heavy 8K and such XD.

4.10 star(s) 16 Votes