snivy2279

Mar 24, 2019
I'm new to this game, so I'm unsure if this plays anywhere else, but in Chapter 2, A Request for Alicia, there's one track that plays when Emilia asks you to help her, it's sort of a lo-fi beat. Does anyone know the track name? It's too good and I really like it.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I'm new to this game, so I'm unsure if this plays anywhere else, but in Chapter 2, A Request for Alicia, there's one track that plays when Emilia asks you to help her, it's sort of a lo-fi beat. Does anyone know the track name? It's too good and I really like it.
I couldn't tell you its name. I found it in a royalty free lofi music pack. I don't know its exact origin. Sorry.

Raizen84

Jun 20, 2017
There is a bug at the end of the quest to be an adventurer when leaving the guild, the scene that occurs with Alicia and Lily. This scene is seen in black and only the inverted dialogue is seen at the top of the screen and at the end of the scene the screen goes blank. I don't know if that error is the compressed version.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
There is a bug at the end of the quest to be an adventurer when leaving the guild, the scene that occurs with Alicia and Lily. This scene is seen in black and only the inverted dialogue is seen at the top of the screen and at the end of the scene the screen goes blank. I don't know if that error is the compressed version.
That's extremely odd. There's no point in the game that ever has the text at the top. Also, if it's the first HJ scene, it plays out completely normally for me.

stealthModifier

Apr 7, 2023
Hi, been playing the game and it's been PEAK so far! I'm at Chapter 10 rn, really looking forwards to the rest, as well as future updates!

I do have a question though: What did you use to create the models and animations for the characters? Playing this has hella inspired me and gotten the Creativity Juices flowing, and if the tool you used for the models and animations is accessible enough I might be able to use it to finally clear the hurdle of "Can't Fookin Draw" that's plagued all my previous game-making attempts. Especially because the models look good in a way that most 3DCG games don't hit for me personally.

Thanks in advance if you answer, and thanks in general for making such a great game!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Hi, been playing the game and it's been PEAK so far! I'm at Chapter 10 rn, really looking forwards to the rest, as well as future updates!

I do have a question though: What did you use to create the models and animations for the characters? Playing this has hella inspired me and gotten the Creativity Juices flowing, and if the tool you used for the models and animations is accessible enough I might be able to use it to finally clear the hurdle of "Can't Fookin Draw" that's plagued all my previous game-making attempts. Especially because the models look good in a way that most 3DCG games don't hit for me personally.

Thanks in advance if you answer, and thanks in general for making such a great game!
Thank you, I'm glad you like the game! I used Koikatsu Sunshine for the models. Link

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
... Why is text in the bottom in VNs ... ?
It's called the lower third, and it's just where text has always been put. You ever watch the news and realize most text is at the bottom? Even subtitles are at the bottom most of the time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sorry, I have absolutely zero idea what's going on here. I've never seen this happen in any RPGM game. Maybe reinstalling the game will help? I wish I could help more, but I don't think this is something I can do anything about. Could be your drivers, could be something else. I've never come across this before.

stealthModifier

Apr 7, 2023
Thank you, I'm glad you like the game! I used Koikatsu Sunshine for the models. Link
Thanks a bunch! Time to go research how to get the models and sprites set up while also browsing Incompetech for those Royalty-Free Bangers while also cooking up the plot outline and side quests (maybe i'll even get around the naming the main characters at some point lmao)
All this when I'm not busy Headpatting & Handholding of course :3

• Red Heart

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Thanks a bunch! Time to go research how to get the models and sprites set up while also browsing Incompetech for those Royalty-Free Bangers while also cooking up the plot outline and side quests (maybe i'll even get around the naming the main characters at some point lmao)
All this when I'm not busy Headpatting & Handholding of course :3
Good luck! It's harder than a lot of people think, but also a lot of fun.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
The problem was the compressed versions, both v.0.16 and 0.17 threw that error, I downloaded the full version and it showed me the scene without any problems.
Huh. I tried it on the compressed versions as well, and it worked fine for me. That makes me think the compressor I use doesn't agree with whatever you've got going on. Thanks for letting me know, so that I know what to tell people if they come across this issue!

Reactions: Raizen84

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Playing via joiplay and i'm not able to progress because the office in the guildhall fails to load? Any ideas?
I don't know much about joiplay, but a shot in the dark is maybe it wasn't extracted properly. Check to see if Maps 9 and 20 are in the www/data folder.

VPedge

Sep 19, 2019
Thank you! They're all much more complex than Headpats characters, so it's nice to know that work payed off.

For anyone interested, here's some info about my next game.
As you can see, it's going to be much, MUCH more than Headpats. That's because I now know what I'm capable of, and what I can get RPGM to do for me.

• Thinking Face
3.60 star(s) 8 Votes