Ren'Py Completed Heads Will Roll: Reforged [v1.0.6] [1917 Studios]

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes

Diangelius

Jul 23, 2017
Urgg... no sexual content again...

The last Heads Will Roll game had good gameplay and I enjoyed it a lot, until I found out there's no sexual content :( I was deeply disappointed.

Reactions: ThunderFury

The_Hunter

Oct 3, 2017
I still don't get how to craft armor. I only can put armor in slot #1 - I can't put anything in slot #2. The ingame tutorial for this does not say anything about where I go wrong.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
So the Heads Will Roll difficulty is like the default difficulty from the original game I guess (which is impossible to beat). But it's using a roguelite mechanic that gives you more points in character creation based on how well you did on the run. I actually like this idea. You can just not save scum and try your best, and eventually, you will get a good enough starting toon that can hopefully make it through.

Laxard

Sep 5, 2018
I still don't get how to craft armor. I only can put armor in slot #1 - I can't put anything in slot #2. The ingame tutorial for this does not say anything about where I go wrong.
Not all armor is compatible and you need armor of different types. Like cuirass and chainmall.

So the Heads Will Roll difficulty is like the default difficulty from the original game I guess (which is impossible to beat). But it's using a roguelite mechanic that gives you more points in character creation based on how well you did on the run. I actually like this idea. You can just not save scum and try your best, and eventually, you will get a good enough starting toon that can hopefully make it through.
It gives you exp that gives you more points and more choices at character creation, as well as some achivements unlock extra options.

am32come

Apr 6, 2023
in case you want to mess around here your varlist
Edit: there are more fun var (like more rng event and drop rate ...etc ) in the game file i mention to play with but you need to find out your self :>

Last edited:
Reactions: kaneeden

X07Zero

Mar 21, 2021
Well some console command I guess

player_strength = xx
player_agility = xx
player_endurance = xx
player_coordination = xx
player_vitality = xx
player_intelligence = xx - crafting skill
player_virtue = xx (max100)
player_prestige = xx

player_weapon_skill_swords = XX
player_weapon_skill_axes_maces = xx
player_weapon_skill_polearms = xx
player_crossbow_skill = xx
player_talent_points = xx

player_fourth_level_talents_taken_swords = -3 - set to -3 so you can take them all
player_fourth_level_talents_taken_axes = -3
player_fourth_level_talents_taken_maces = -3
player_fourth_level_talents_taken_polearms = -3

player_inventory_space = xx
player_gold = xx

time_left = 25
time_left_max = 25 - default max for heads will roll difficulty

kami shigiri

Mar 12, 2018
i cant seem to proceed by clicking the "Proceed" button, im currently in the city of renees and i am guessing the when i click proceed the battle between onar and ruffin and me will start but as i stated earlier nothing seem to happen. someone please help

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
Shield bash can't be dodged nornally right? It's like just based on the difference in strength? That kinda makes agi build unviable.

am32come

Apr 6, 2023
Well some console command I guess

player_strength = xx
player_agility = xx
player_endurance = xx
player_coordination = xx
player_vitality = xx
player_intelligence = xx - crafting skill
player_virtue = xx (max100)
player_prestige = xx

player_weapon_skill_swords = XX
player_weapon_skill_axes_maces = xx
player_weapon_skill_polearms = xx
player_crossbow_skill = xx
player_talent_points = xx

player_fourth_level_talents_taken_swords = -3 - set to -3 so you can take them all
player_fourth_level_talents_taken_axes = -3
player_fourth_level_talents_taken_maces = -3
player_fourth_level_talents_taken_polearms = -3

player_inventory_space = xx
player_gold = xx

time_left = 25
time_left_max = 25 - default max for heads will roll difficulty
lmao the version i got have diff console coman full in rusian

Fbalanar

Aug 5, 2016
There's naturally combined armor, like the aptly named Combined armor that you can't do mods on since it's already a multilayer item. And individual articles that would correspond to different layers/materials. For example you can put a gambeson(padded cloth armor) and a hauberk(mail armor) together(see attached pic). For helmets it would usually end up either attaching a visor/faceplate or aventail. I'm not sure if you can attach a visor/faceplate then attach the other or an aventail . At low levels of craftsmanship it's worthless to do this and you should stick to combined armor/brigandine/condotierri armor which are competent combined armors. At high levels it's amazing and store bought sets won't do.

k1bell

Sep 15, 2017
Sucks that URM will have errors in saving variable lists for this game, at least when I tried.
Oh well, at least the actual editing for variables still works.

I must add that if you ever played Legionary's Life, this is pretty much sort of like an upgraded version of it set in medieval.
It's pretty amazing how much the Devs manage to squeeze out of the Ren'Py engine to make it an actual RPG.

Fbalanar

Aug 5, 2016
Here's another example for armor crafting
Basic set of mail because hauberk adds extra encumbrance but no increase in coverage
And a Fauld, a metal/plate cuirass
And a big crafting stat, might be overkill really I think there's diminishing returns or a cap on the encumbrance reduction at some point, need to fish a 3rd trinket with craft boost to check if I can get it to -8. Crafting at low skill is bad because the mere act adds a 1/1/1 malus so if you try to make "combined armor" with its components the encumbrance would make it a detriment for personal use.

neennah

Feb 2, 2020
It's safe for word (unless you work in France and your co-workers bear grudges for the 100 years war), but still fun to play.

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

nada_nix

Dec 3, 2018
Shield bash can't be dodged nornally right? It's like just based on the difference in strength? That kinda makes agi build unviable.
There is a trinket, Greaves, that makes you very resiliesnt and partly immune to shieldbashes. You can get it in the early chapters, I think somethign like that will be quite mandatory for AGI-builds.
You kind of want decent STR for the inventory space anyway to deflect the mookiest of shieldbashers.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
There is a trinket, Greaves, that makes you very resiliesnt and partly immune to shieldbashes. You can get it in the early chapters, I think somethign like that will be quite mandatory for AGI-builds.
You kind of want decent STR for the inventory space anyway to deflect the mookiest of shieldbashers.
Yea, it does make sense for the setting though. A shield bash will be very hard to dodge even for some "rogue" in light armor trying to be all ninja against an armor clad knight lol.

What doesn't make sense is how 95% of these fucking soldiers and knights coat their weapon in poison lol.

Fbalanar

Aug 5, 2016
Oops, looks like the game breaks if your crafting is too good and the equipment is so light that you create negative encumberance.

Aug 9, 2022
Damn, I literally just finished the game yesterday and this version came out, is this destiny or what.

4.30 star(s) 4 Votes