2.80 star(s) 4 Votes

HerkkuPeukku

Jul 12, 2023
Personally, what I didn't like is that they basically raped the MC. Enough to never interest me as LIs. Plus the lesbian scene basically down my already waning interest.

Well, I'm weird in this sense, in VN I only see one ending, so if I choose an option where the MC gets killed, I'm over and I don't pick it up again (even if the game proceeds to get me to the point where I can choose again, my action will be to close the game and finish it). I'm not saying it's common, but it's what I do, and that's why unexpected bad endings are one of the things I least like.
Hey man. You just put into words the things I was thinking about, but didn't have the time or interest to start writing. For me, too, the "Game Over" choices are total poison. I think they are completely pointless to even put in the game with that kind of crap, when they are not choices. Basically the dev chooses and forces the player in a certain direction and that's another toxic thing.

In one game, the dev jokingly made one character end when people criticized that character and her behavior. That ending was enough for me and the game ended there for me even though the game was practically just starting, but what people wanted from that character didn't suit the dev and hence that joke ending.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Mr Georgie, I guess the MC can't be in a relationship with Dailani and Sophie at the same time. It would be nice if he could.

As the game progresses I dislike Roxie more and more, at this point in the game I find it interesting that someone kills her (without being a bad ending, possibly better to have a celebration party).

• Haha
Reactions: Mr Georgie

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
I understand that you didn't like the beginning of the story, actually, that was kind of the idea, to feel as powerless as the MC (I know it's a risky move). But as the story goes on, you will learn more about the characters and why they act this way.

About the forced action you mentioned the possible death you could encounter has almost zero effect at this point (you don't even have to restart). This is just a statement, this means that you could die in the future if you don't choose wisely (mostly if you play as a shitty person).

As I said, I hope you give it a second chance, but if you don't want to, I understand. I'm grateful because you enjoyed my first game. I just hope you give me a chance with my upcoming projects as well.
I definitely hear you, the desire to make the player feel the MC's powerlessness is a good one. Your point about the game over costing almost nothing cuts both ways, however: it's effortless to resume, but it's also effortless to quit. The game hasn't had the time for me to feel invested in it, especially when the characters who'll be dominating the MC are so unlikeable. Normally after that sort of start I'd just write the game off as not my cup of tea and move on to something else. I'm only looking for an excuse to give it another try because I liked your previous game. My investment is entirely external to the game, which isn't ideal.

I think it would have been better to remove the choice entirely (and thus the early game over). That defuses having an easy quit point right out of the gate, and I'd argue it would be an even better illustration of how powerless the MC is - he's too scared to even get a Hobson's choice. He just knuckles under to Roxie's demands, at least for now. You can still add a 'warning death' a little further into the game, hopefully after the player has had a chance to build a rapport with his avatar and maybe learn a little more of what the game will be about.

I'd also prefer if you skipped the sexual assault and just had Roxie feed on the MC a bit, but that's just my personal preference. I'm willing to accept the rape if you think it's important to the plot or her characterization. And obviously this is all IMHO.

• Red Heart

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Mr Georgie, I guess the MC can't be in a relationship with Dailani and Sophie at the same time. It would be nice if he could.
I'd rather be sure of this, because if I have to choose between them I guess that's the end of my game: I never choose between LIs I like.

Damien112

Jul 21, 2019
Hah, this game is frustrating in many ways,
1) Sophie is a cardboard cutout innocent goody-two-shoes character that kinda lacks depth to me, normally this wouldn't be an issue because innocent girls are cute in their own way but she is kinda forced on you in the start which makes every other encounter feel like either a betrayal or your character actively being a dick. Also, the rape trauma feels tacked on to actively make you feel like a dick for not choosing her which adds to the whole forced vibe.
2) Vanessa is a character that I could have liked if not for the fact that she as a rape victim was an accomplice to rape at the start of the story. Overall considering her situation she acts fairly realistically even though she also has the whole kind to a-fault thing going on, would have been my likely LI if not for the rape backstory making the thing at the start worse than it already was.
3) Roxie is needlessly difficult, I usually do the emotionally difficult Li's first because imo they tend to have the most interesting backstories and their character growth is usually the most pronounced and interesting to follow. Roxie on the other hand is just a pain to the point that it is suffocatingly toxic, even when you get her backstory her BS is still hard to justify, and it's extremely annoying how she is actively reckless and pisses everyone off just because she can, I don't expect her to be a good person but considering how much shit the world has given her you would think she would try to enjoy life without screwing over people for no reason.
4) So far so good the only character that I am not innately put off by is Dailani and we barely know shit about her modus operandi other than the fact that she is an innately "good" vamp.

Normally I'm all for vampire stories and honestly, this looks like there could be a solid plot but while playing it felt like the dev was intentionally tryna turn me off from all the LI's.
Ways this game could feel better:

1)The whole Sophie date thing should be a choice of whether you invite her as a friend or a date so you can reject her before engaging other characters because as it stands if you don't follow through with Sophie the MC comes out looking like a dick imo.
2) Scrap that rape scene at the start or at the very least remove Vanessa from that scene, hell it would be nice if you made Vanessa actively against it. It's probably the main issue that people have with the character.
3) Tone down Roxie's behavior, she can still be the outcast, crazy, moody, and reckless Li without actively fueling the hate boner every 5 seconds, she just seems like she is placed into the villain role in an over-the-top manner that makes it hard to view her as a possible Li. Unless a person is into toxic relationships I doubt that they can even consider her as a viable LI at this point.
4) For the love of all that is Holy why isn't there an option to give Roxie your blood without fucking her? It seems like an obvious compromise that would allow you to befriend her without screwing over your relationship with anyone else.

Why is the Dev tryna force this Roxie causing problems agenda? I honestly don't get it. Some of the choices have very obvious compromises that the Dev can place to satisfy everyone or at the very least not piss off any single party but nah instead he gives you a choice to either reject her the one time she isn't acting like a maniac or accept her while screwing over Sophie for no particular reason.
I want to like this VN, I really do but it's frustratingly hard, the idea seems solid but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. Hopefully, some of this stuff will get redone in the next update or the Dev finds a way to not make stuff feel so forced going forward cause while I can enjoy the overall plot the execution of the LI's are lacking in comparison.

ename144

Engaged Member
Sep 20, 2018
IMPORTANT NEWS ABOUT THE FUTURE OF THIS PROJECT!!!
I'm sorry to hear this, Mr Georgie, especially since I know my own reaction to the game wasn't exactly positive. It's not pleasant to pour your heart into something only to have it dismissed. If and when you return to this game, I hope you'll find a way to make it work.

In the meantime, good luck on your next project!

• Red Heart

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
I'm sorry to hear this, Mr Georgie, especially since I know my own reaction to the game wasn't exactly positive. It's not pleasant to pour your heart into something only to have it dismissed. If and when you return to this game, I hope you'll find a way to make it work.

In the meantime, good luck on your next project!
Don't worry about it, I appreciate your honest opinion. As I said in the post, I wanted to take the risk, but things didn't go as expected, I knew this could happen. As a new developer, I think I have to experiment, make mistakes and learn to get better, there's no other way.

By the way, I love your banner, it makes me feel so proud!

Reactions: ename144

HentaiKami

Engaged Member
Jan 27, 2019
Sad to see the development suspended, while the game wasn't exactly what i'm looking for in general, it had potential. Best of luck Mr Georgie if you decide to continue this later on or do another game. I enjoyed your first game quite a bit and this was on the watch list, only thing missing for me was the harem paths, since i don't like to cause heartbreak/disappointment for LIs in games i play. :p

• Red Heart

Mr Georgie

Game Developer
Mar 3, 2022
Sad to see the development suspended, while the game wasn't exactly what i'm looking for in general, it had potential. Best of luck Mr Georgie if you decide to continue this later on or do another game. I enjoyed your first game quite a bit and this was on the watch list, only thing missing for me was the harem paths, since i don't like to cause heartbreak/disappointment for LIs in games i play. :p
Thanks!!! I hope you enjoy my next game ;)

RodrigoOSan

Apr 16, 2020
Roxie is a bitch, and not the good way of bitchness.
Really, how someone can make such unlikable character?

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Roxie is a bitch, and not the good way of bitchness.
Really, how someone can make such unlikable character?
I was at a point where my main interest in the game was knowing who and when were going to kill Roxie.

2.80 star(s) 4 Votes