Alex9107

Mar 18, 2021
Unfortunately, I didn't succeed, but in any case, thanks for your responsiveness.
This is a problem with the version of the api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll for 64-bit Windows 7.

Your computer most likely has a version of api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll between 10.0.10240.16384 - 10.0.17134.12, and HeatPatcher requires an older version of api-ms-win-core- synch-l1-2-0.dll 6.3.9600.16384.

If you replace api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll in the path C: \ Windows \ System32, then other applications on your computer may stop working, so the actions should be as follows:

• Copy HeatPatcher.exe and api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll (6.3.9600.16384) to the Heat_0.3.3.1 game folder (where the Heat.exe launching file is located)
• Run HeatPatcher.exe and do everything it asks
• Without starting the game, close HeatPatcher.exe and delete HeatPatcher.exe and api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll (6.3.9600.16384)
• Run the game Heat.exe and click the Authenticate button ... Enjoy...

Attachment: api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.zip Size: 1607 bytes

In the archive

Name: api-ms-win-core-synch-l1-2-0.dll Size: 4096 bytes (4 KiB)
CRC32: BB765D6E
CRC64: 3CB8E01CF0B2A0DC
SHA256: 7F840E721C8CD073631F03159565219D24128EACA905668CFC7394889B908B9E
SHA1: 56659C88000FF70422E818AD827FDCB01F036DE2
BLAKE2sp: 1D917A3D03C2392F2AC688C0A4DF660F9EABB6DD6880F8EB5B99D35C803DFF15

Novasigma109

Aug 25, 2021
I’m trying to connect my quest to my lap to play this any tips or instructions on how I can make this easy for myself

haunt3r

Mar 24, 2020
When I try do download your new patcher, Windows Defender say there is a trojan in it. Do you have any comment?
Same problem
It's likely one of two things, you're Edge browser is set up to warn you about .exe files (seen plenty of exe files be flagged as "potentially" malicious because Microlimp Microsoft doesn't have them on file.

If it is in fact Windows Defender, I'd put it in the same boat/potential paranoid heurystics in place to catch PUP. My Malwarebytes doesn't alert as a virus, and he's posted several virustotal scan links. here's one I ran for shits and giggles because your posts made me curious.

Reactions: dot7z

Shy Spy

Oct 8, 2020
It's likely one of two things, you're Edge browser is set up to warn you about .exe files (seen plenty of exe files be flagged as "potentially" malicious because Microlimp Microsoft doesn't have them on file.

If it is in fact Windows Defender, I'd put it in the same boat/potential paranoid heurystics in place to catch PUP. My Malwarebytes doesn't alert as a virus, and he's posted several virustotal scan links. here's one I ran for shits and giggles because your posts made me curious.
That's what I thought, just wanted to make sure that it was Windows being weird again, and not an actual problem.

Reactions: haunt3r

THE_CHOODICK

Jun 16, 2020
When I try do download your new patcher, Windows Defender say there is a trojan in it. Do you have any comment?
Well, you can check out source code if you don’t trust me, also I have linked virus total scan of exe, and it is clear. (If you are using static one, on the other hand, there is a dynamic build of patcher, and it looks like antivirus thinks that it’s a virus, cause patcher is using different dlls)

Yeah, also you can download Qt creator 6.2 and compile patcher by yourself (that’s actually the best way to do it, but not everyone can do that)

Last edited:
Reactions: dot7z and haunt3r

jeantt

Nov 21, 2021
Hey, do you know the game keep crashing when I launch it ? I tried different versions, patches, and workarounds but It still crashes. Sometimes I can access it for 30 sec but then it frozes and crash. Is there something I did wrong ?

yarg

Dec 5, 2017
So I feel dumb...
I am trying to play this with my quest 2, I have virutal desktop on steam and steam VR and using airlink, but for the life of me cannot get heat to run, it'll run on my desktop and give me sound on the quest and thats it. I dunno if i need to run programs in a specific order or whats going on.
I got it to work one single time after exiting steam vr then opening heat, but now not so much luck.
I meant to also add, I just can't get it to "full screen" into the vr world. if that makes sense

Last edited:

haunt3r

Mar 24, 2020
So I feel dumb...
I am trying to play this with my quest 2, I have virutal desktop on steam and steam VR and using airlink, but for the life of me cannot get heat to run, it'll run on my desktop and give me sound on the quest and thats it. I dunno if i need to run programs in a specific order or whats going on.
I got it to work one single time after exiting steam vr then opening heat, but now not so much luck.
I meant to also add, I just can't get it to "full screen" into the vr world. if that makes sense
Use the oculus menu to bring up the steamvr settings, I think there is an option to reset view and it should "full screen" it like you're saying.

dinsumdun

Nov 20, 2016
So I feel dumb...
So with quest 2 you have two options for wireless play:
a) Run oculus software and enable airlink, connect to your PC with the headset. Then run SteamVR from the airlink desktop, this will load you into the SteamVR environment (it is best to disable the home map default so it just gives you the SteamVR menus). Launch the game from within SteamVR desktop mode/add it as a program.

b) Purchase the Virtual Desktop app on the oculus store page and install it on your quest 2 headset. Install the Virtual Desktop streaming program on your PC (it's on the VD website). Have the VD streaming app running on your PC and launch the VD app from within the quest 2. Virtual Desktop will discover and allow you to connect to your PC in it's own streamed environment. Launch SteamVR and then run the game through SteamVR.

From my experience the Virtual Desktop streaming is currently much better than oculus airlink. This might change in the future, but the VD is sharper and higher performance, with less overhead because it works better as a pass through for SteamVR than what airlink is doing. If you purchased the steam version of VD it will not work as far as I know, you must have the oculus store version of VD and install it to your headset.

Reactions: haunt3r
Jan 3, 2022
HeatPatcher is registered by Avast as a virus according to virus total's test.

In addition, my system is pretty messed up after running it. Including an inability to use TaskManager.

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
So I feel dumb...
I had the same issue trying to start the game from oculus home. The issue was fixed when i first launched steam VR. When i launch steamVR i use the desktop browser of steamVR and launch the game. Hope it works for you also.

Chaiba

May 1, 2018
Hey, do you know the game keep crashing when I launch it ? I tried different versions, patches, and workarounds but It still crashes. Sometimes I can access it for 30 sec but then it frozes and crash. Is there something I did wrong ?
I also had this problem once. Fixed it by removing the HEAT folder in AppData and unzipping the game agian and applying the patcher agian.

Alex9107

Mar 18, 2021
Perhaps you should have written: "My copy of Avast registered HeatPatcher as a virus in a general virus scan".

Since the resource gave the following rating for HeatPatcher: "No security vendors and 1 sandbox flagged this file as malicious"

If it seems that...
...my system is pretty messed up after running it. Including an inability to use TaskManager...
...try rolling back the system to a previous system restore point.

THE_CHOODICK

Jun 16, 2020

In addition, my system is pretty messed up after running it. Including an inability to use TaskManager.
Could you provide a link to virus total with the scan of HeatPatcher? Cause mine are clear. (Here is an and )
Also, could you send me the patcher itself, so I could analyze it?

Reactions: Chaiba
Mar 17, 2019

yes, I can confirm that it is a virus.
DON'T DOWNLOAD IT!
My browser (Brave) stopped the download automatically with the message, Error - Virus found
Screenshot 2022-01-05 155429.jpg

burmin

Aug 6, 2020
Don't panic. Keep it, I'll use it myself. The link to it was exactly somewhere in the middle of the discussion.

Reactions: Chaiba
4.40 star(s) 27 Votes