fudejoranek

Oct 30, 2018
You can use Owotrack and an android device to stand in for a waist tracker. The tracker works pretty well and you can easily secure the phone using a belt, but its a little work setting owotrack up and calibrating it.

Its still difficult to control the player character with a waist tracker in my experience, but that might be because I don't have feet trackers, so it can't detect a thrusting motion. Maybe they can add a version of the PC that doesn't have the legs? They only get in the way if you don't have trackers there.

Lolwut365

Jun 5, 2020
You can use Owotrack and an android device to stand in for a waist tracker. The tracker works pretty well and you can easily secure the phone using a belt, but its a little work setting owotrack up and calibrating it.

Its still difficult to control the player character with a waist tracker in my experience, but that might be because I don't have feet trackers, so it can't detect a thrusting motion. Maybe they can add a version of the PC that doesn't have the legs? They only get in the way if you don't have trackers there.
actually you just reminded me i have a decamove tracker, might have to dig that out and mess with it later too, will try a vive tracker first and see how it does

zoleth

Jun 9, 2019
Last edited:

h0lym0ly

Mar 3, 2019
hey i need help.. im not sure how to run it on the oculus quest 2 app cause when i open it it opens on my pc but is in an infinite loading screen on the quest

rungtate

Aug 20, 2021
hey i need help.. im not sure how to run it on the oculus quest 2 app cause when i open it it opens on my pc but is in an infinite loading screen on the quest
You need to link your Oculus to your PC in one of two ways. Either with a cable connection or using the Air Link method for wireless. I believe you also will need the Oculus app on your computer along with Steam and Steam VR installed. Steam VR handles running VR games and, at least for me, always automatically opens up whenever I run the game with my headset. Through the Oculus app you need to allow 3rd party games to be run I think was how it worked. I also add Heat into the library on the Oculus app to allow me to quickly run it by selecting it in the Library section when linked in my headset.

h0lym0ly

Mar 3, 2019
You need to link your Oculus to your PC in one of two ways. Either with a cable connection or using the Air Link method for wireless. I believe you also will need the Oculus app on your computer along with Steam and Steam VR installed. Steam VR handles running VR games and, at least for me, always automatically opens up whenever I run the game with my headset. Through the Oculus app you need to allow 3rd party games to be run I think was how it worked. I also add Heat into the library on the Oculus app to allow me to quickly run it by selecting it in the Library section when linked in my headset.
i've done all of this and it still doesn't open on the quest.. it just opens a loading game window and loads on the pc but not the headset..

zoleth

Jun 9, 2019
i've done all of this and it still doesn't open on the quest.. it just opens a loading game window and loads on the pc but not the headset..
I sometimes have to make sure to close everything before I run it on the Quest 2.

1. Start Quest 2 and get it booted.
2. Close Virtual Desktop streamer.
3. Close all steam applications.
4. Load Virtual Desktop Streamer.
5. Go one Quest 2 and connect to PC.
6. Run Steam VR.
7. Open Heat using the desktop interface on Quest 2/Steam VR.
8. Click on the game outside of the Desktop interface.

Everything after the restarting the programs was obvious, I'm sure, but put it there anyway. I've had the same thing you're describing happen and a fresh boot of everything in the right order usually works. For me it seems to be an issue with Steam VR not loading correctly.

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes