CubeRhythm

Jul 9, 2022

download this version a BepInEX

than download this version of UnityExplorer

(source: )

extract BepInEX to the main Heat folder. then open the BepInEX folder, create a new folder and name it "plugins" and extract the UnityExplorer folder into that. when its done it should look like pics below.
View attachment 2495968

View attachment 2495967

View attachment 2495966
This is really awesome that you're helping... but... you linked the same file twice, I'm missing the correct version of bepinex.

• Wow
Reactions: jimmych0nga

CubeRhythm

Jul 9, 2022
This is really awesome that you're helping... but... you linked the same file twice, I'm missing the correct version of bepinex.
Figured it out. Need to use BepInEx UnityMono x64 6.0.0-pre.1 Here's the link for anyone following the thread:

Reactions: jimmych0nga

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
So with the pre cracked version, you just download and play with no additional actions ?
Should be the case. Though I'll say pre cracked doesn't sit as easily as a crack you can read all the lines of code of, like the registry edit posted earlier. unless you're downloading all this on an isolated network with a dummy machine, which in that case go right ahead. Though I've never gotten a virus from the files downloaded here, you get burned once you're done you know?

• Thinking Face
Reactions: AsteroidIceSparkle

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
is it just for me that the game just simply doesn't start? like, it opens a new window, followed by a black screen, and it immediately pops up "Heat.exe stopped responding". I've tried opening several versions from different links, tried desktop mode, but literally nothing seems to work.

dqPA8kh8Sn.gif
i actually feel like i'm missing something really obvious but this is my last effort to making this work, any help is appreciated!

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
is it just for me that the game just simply doesn't start? like, it opens a new window, followed by a black screen, and it immediately pops up "Heat.exe stopped responding". I've tried opening several versions from different links, tried desktop mode, but literally nothing seems to work.

I actually feel like i'm missing something really obvious but this is my last effort to making this work, any help is appreciated!
Wow, that's a weird issue indeed... Maybe check the event viewer and the game directory for a crash log? Try deleting / renaming the registry folder, look for an appdata folder and backup / delete the original... If there's more aid to give I can't think of it.
On second thought, do this first:
I can't remember if I had this problem before or not... I guess as a hail mary make a new steam account and sign in to that temporarily, I've had weird issues with the profiles. And YEAH, I HAVE had that issue, god that was a while ago. IIRC just make a new steam account and sign in to that before starting steamVR and HEAT. It's fucking dumb and I can't explain it, and I haven't gotten the courage to ask Edef or the bug testers on the discord... I have only one steam account this game works on, and I spent time digging through the files to try and fix it in steam but couldn't figure it out lmao.

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
IIRC just make a new steam account and sign in to that before starting steamVR and HEAT.
i was and still am astonished that this of all things would be a solution to this sorta issue, and would be really fuckin stoked to say that it worked, but no it didn't

tried opening it in every way i could think of (if that even makes a difference)
Maybe check the event viewer¹ and the game directory for a crash log²? Try deleting / renaming the registry folder³, look for an appdata folder⁴ and backup / delete the original
¹how
²n̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ thanks cumattractor
³where
⁴d̶o̶e̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶̶e̶x̶i̶s̶t̶ thanks cumattractor but it didn't do anything

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2021
i actually feel like i'm missing something really obvious but this is my last effort to making this work, any help is appreciated!
You should check your log, its located here:
{driveletter}:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\LocalLow\Heat\Heat
Its a text file named "Player". It should show you what exactly happens.

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
You should check your log, its located here:
{driveletter}:\Users\{yourname}\AppData\LocalLow\Heat\Heat
Its a text file named "Player". It should show you what exactly happens.
1679914344296.png
oh my fucking god
1679914377217.png
i checked both \Local and \Roaming but purposefully didn't look in \LocalLow cuz i (somehow) came to the conclusion that it would be there i am actually so dumb

(i still don't know what's going on)

Last edited:

1xz

Apr 3, 2018
Figured it out. Need to use BepInEx UnityMono x64 6.0.0-pre.1 Here's the link for anyone following the thread:
Not sure how I didn't notice that but thanks for the heads up and I've fixed it.

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
¹how
²none to be found
³where
⁴doesn't exist
¹ Hold windows key, hit R, type eventvwr and hit enter. or use the windows search option. looking for stuff in the Windows Logs> Application section, hit ctrl+f, type heat, start searchin for crash logs. Or generate new ones by crashing the game and refresh the Event Viewer in the action menu. Careful what you post up though, I dunno what personal information might be hidden in there. I don't have any knowledge of what such a log for heat will be like too, can't find mine if it exists.
² Thanks cumatractor.
³ Windows key + R: type regedit and hit enter. location is Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Heat\Heat
rename that folder to make a new config file. (messing with registry can be dangerous tho so be careful, and make a backup if you aren't clear about what to change.)
⁴ Thanks cumatractor.
When you make any changes, power your computer down completely and then back on, might not make a difference but it HAS in my time working with IT :HideThePain:. I'm worrying that this is something like drivers and such, but that's hell and a half to diagnose at times... if all else fails remove the C drive and put in a new one to install a dummy version of windows, so fresh so clean, and see if that fixes it. if it does, may god have mercy on your soul trying to figure out what the issue is with your actual system >:V

Or.. be a patron and get TLCed by Edef and crew :V

turn off the open vr service/oculusvr service or whatever View attachment 2499057
Thanks a bunch, I'll make sure to keep track of that in the future, and I'll see if there's a .bat file floating around that allows you to toggle this from a shortcut :unsure:

Reactions: kronoblast

jimmych0nga

May 7, 2020
I really wish someone could get the dev a stroker toy so they could get integration set for those and not just vibrating toys.
He seems pretty bisexual /gay so expect lots of buttplug integration lel. I mean lovesense is the API they implemented for toys, and TECHNICALLY there's the lovesense max2 you can use, but that's just a vibrator/succ thing you still gotta pump and such. and Im still not sure how much actual control you get over what it does from the game, I dunno HOW the API is implemented unfort. someone should review it with the max2 lel.

catcafe

Jul 7, 2022
looking for stuff in the Windows Logs> Application section, hit ctrl+f, type heat, start searchin for crash logs. Or generate new ones by crashing the game and refresh the Event Viewer in the action menu.
there's a bunch of them and they that all look like this
1679975963289.png

Windows key + R: type regedit and hit enter. location is Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Heat\Heat
rename that folder to make a new config file.
no result

When you make any changes, power your computer down completely and then back on
take a guess

Or.. be a patron and get TLCed by Edef and crew :V
i'd be more than glad to open my (non-existent) wallet and throw money at them to show support, but the whole reason im here is cuz i can't afford it

4.40 star(s) 27 Votes