Ren'Py Heavenly Peaks Cultivation [v2.0] [My Big Little Brother]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Requested update: (My apologies for so soon, but patrons decided it.)
Changelog:
- Various QOL updates.
- Bug Fixes (2)
- End of content screens added in a few places.
- Compressed the project's renders (down from 3.6 to 1.7 gb).
- Unrestricted play (as was always intended with 0.8's release.)

DL Links:

PC ( )
PC 2 ( )
Mac ( )
Mac 2 ( )
Android ( )
Android 2 ( )

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
You know I wouldn't been offended if you gave that inventory and change name mods I done to your patrons :p No credit needed either.

Well guess I'll still use the inventory and change name mods until they get improved.
Good job on everything else (y)
The QOL updates in question were done after 0.8's initial release (days before we had our discussion). The only new things I added before releasing it publicly were a few content end screens and the skip age check thing you suggested and compressing the files so that people here don't have to take that extra step (and to allow for mobile downloads again).

As for the name change mod -- that won't be necessary (unless someone else wants to implement it as a mod, then by all means I have no issues).
There is a good reason for that --- it was intentional.

I don't plan on allowing / adding name changes because the character's names are all chosen for their meaning, all of them thus far. Bai Huan means clear fluid, or clear liquid -- for example. Yenay = she who is loved, and so on.

As far as the rest, my focus has shifted to sorting out as much as possible with the next update, which is coming next month. It really doesn't have anything to do with you personally and as I mentioned many of those are things I have / had on the agenda for a while now. (y)

Don't get me wrong, I don't really have an issue with CC or suggestions, it just needs to be something that I need to add to my "to do" list.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: girdeyordo

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
In fact, if you happen to have the magical keys to making all of my visual appeals 2x more effective, I'd happily sign up for that class. :cool: I'm all ears!
I'm a bit more logical than most, so I will admit I don't understand people who operate on the other end of the spectrum (aka, their baser instincts / emotions).

Therefore this is a learning course in human nature, specifically what gets people who are more impulsive invested.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
The QOL updates in question were done after 0.8's initial release (days before we had our discussion). The only new things I added before releasing it publicly were a few content end screens and the skip age check thing you suggested and compressing the files so that people here don't have to take that extra step (and to allow for mobile downloads again).
I used WinMerge to compare the changes :D

As for the name change mod -- that won't be necessary (unless someone else wants to implement it as a mod, then by all means I have no issues).
There is a good reason for that --- it was intentional.
Different kinks for different sinks. Well it's there for anyone who wants it but some would find greater immersion by using their preferred name. I just figured while some devs love pirates not everyone is thrilled with pirates having exclusive features or telling paying customers mods be found in black waters.

The one I did uses RegEx to filter the name so it should be future compatible. Well as long as you don't use "re" as a variable or something... You might be surprised by how many other games had issues because they used a variable called "time" which overwrote an internal time function :confused: Then there is me overriding screen.rpy preferences() to sneak the option in :sneaky:

As far as the rest, my focus has shifted to sorting out as much as possible with the next update, which is coming next month. It really doesn't have anything to do with you personally and as I mentioned many of those are things I have / had on the agenda for a while now. (y)
The inventory thing is also plug & play. Just saves you a bit of trouble so you can focus on cute waifu moments, like when that one girl snuggles up against you in the hot tub... Blue Balls dammit :eek:

Don't get me wrong, I don't really have an issue with CC or suggestions, it just needs to be something that I need to add to my "to do" list.
Didn't think you had issue with it, but it would have saved you time and made one of the game features more functional :coffee:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
I used WinMerge to compare the changes :D
Not sure what that means (or rather what you're inferring), but if you'd like me to continue giving you the time I am sharing to engage with you, maybe just learn to take what I'm saying at face value. Or don't -- but...whatever this is -- your insistence, doubt and double checking --you're not exactly winning points here with your approach. In fact, it's making me want to engage with you less by the second...

As far as the rest, I appreciate your initiative but I am absolutely not looking for any assistance at all --whatsoever in the programming department. I'm willing and interested to accept help with just about anything else though.

When I do need programming help, I generally ask (and usually end up sorting it out myself anyway in some capacity). This might give the impression that I'm a newbie. For the most part I've been programming off and on for the better part of 15 years now. I may be new to Ren'py, but not building entire systems / games from scratch. I've done that many, many times.

Anyone who has knows that it's a time consuming process which requires building a solid foundation and then refining it. Usually requiring hundreds or thousands of man hours.

I started this project around February, while learning Ren'py, Python and at the same time building another project from the ground up simultaneously. I say all of that to point out that when I say I left those things for "last" because I perceived them to be quick and easy fixes, that's pretty accurate.

Also even if there were some miscellaneous additions here and there, QOL updates covers tha -- does it not?

There really isn't any thing else to be extrapolated or found from my (summary) statement in the changelog. Furthermore, and this is probably the most important aspect -- I don't really need to justify myself to some random guy on a forum in this context. In fact, you're probably more out of pocket for just assuming that I need to justify anything to you at all (or that I need to be checked / policed anyway). I did so because I'm a kind soul.

But if you wanna talk about what's really going on-- I'm all ears. I got a bit of time.

• Thinking Face

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
Not sure what that means (or rather what you're inferring)
It's really not insulting it's just comparison software

I recommended that to compare code when talking about Synthesis Pages for the inventory a page back.

Good to know you got some history. Technical support can be a bitch at times so 15 years, impressive. Worked a few years myself and still like the song.

Also even if there were some miscellaneous additions here and there, QOL updates covers tha -- does it not?
Inventory still doesn't work in full the last I knew so not yet, getting better though. You did go from "0.8.1b" to "0.8" which you should always up revisions to prevent confusion, some end users do generate ID: 10T errors. That's not a joke at you but hopefully it's one you can appreciate, really someone is going to think one is greater than the other. Forest.rpy Line 254, why the comment after "pause(1)#"?

I did so because I'm a kind soul.
That you are but for some reason the little mermaid song is now stuck in my head.

But if you wanna talk about what's really going on-- I'm all ears. I got a bit of time.
Lets see links are on the new page for anyone that can't be bothered to check one page back. It's a fun game so hopefully people have fun playing it and it gets more positive attention.

Good luck! Headpatting Guobei would make for a nice Fan Signature ;)
https://f95zone.to/threads/fan-signature-templates.38593/

Samsagce27

Oct 23, 2018
hm...i have a problem with the game, i downloaded 0.8 from my previous 0.5, and i cant play, i train once, have a event, and go sleep then i am raped ( in a good way ;) ) by the principal and after it the game automatically close, i cant train or hunt or anything, this is a bug or intended ? :/

EDIT: never mind ! i didnt see the new version ^^'

• Yay, new update!

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
EDIT: never mind ! i didnt see the new version ^^'
If you didn't get my inventory fix for 0.8 I highly recommend it. Since the game says you get 333 storage slots but limits you to 49 while viewing the inventory and 35 while crafting.

It unlocks 85% of your storage capacity and 89% of your crafting potential.
Otherwise if you gather a lot of junk you'll have to throw most of it away in order to get to the crafting ingredients on the next page. There is a sort feature in the inventory section which helps with finding quality ingredients faster.

Samsagce27

Oct 23, 2018
hello ! it's me again ! first, thanks to
girdeyordo

for inentory slots mod :)

I have a problem again, the thing is, i dont know if its intended or a bug, i just spent 4 months in intensive training and nothing happen, the quest is "practice 3 way sparring....." + subs i have been doing it tens of times, my stat with Mai is maxed, the enlignement is maxed, my body cultivation is maxed and i just dont know what to do and if its normal ?

for the story i have no acces to green girl ( crafting ? ) since the update and i also cant have snu snu time with mai like before so i am kinda lost ^^"

• Thinking Face

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
girdeyordo

I have a problem again, the thing is, i dont know if its intended or a bug, i just spent 4 months in intensive training and nothing happen, the quest is "practice 3 way sparring....." + subs i have been doing it tens of times, my stat with Mai is maxed, the enlignement is maxed, my body cultivation is maxed and i just dont know what to do and if its normal ?

for the story i have no acces to green girl ( crafting ? ) since the update and i also cant have snu snu time with mai like before so i am kinda lost ^^"
People have been having issues with modded / changed versions of the game. My advice is just don't change anything if you don't fully understand it.

Last edited:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
It's really not insulting it's just comparison software

I recommended that to compare code when talking about Synthesis Pages for the inventory a page back.

That you are but for some reason the little mermaid song is now stuck in my head.

Good luck! Headpatting Guobei would make for a nice Fan Signature ;)
https://f95zone.to/threads/fan-signature-templates.38593/
The more pushy you are, the less interested I am, regardless of how things are phrased. The evidence in this is how you keep beating the drum, you've mentioned this more than once. I generally say exactly what I mean in the simplest way the very first time.

I 've been aware of these problems since nearly 2-3 versions ago. I also had more pressing things to sort out, as I said from the outset. It doesn't matter if you perceive these things as being quick to resolve or not persay. I told you why I did what I did, at that point anything else is irrelevant. Furthermore, it is my choice to accept your help or not, and if it's not my choice then that's a completely different problem now isn't it?

It's not just the matter of fixing them, I have specific plans for many areas of my game. It may not even look or function the same by next update. But I shouldn't even have to tell you that to get you to drop the subject, because you aren't involved in my project on that level. In fact, why should I have to say that? It's...weird, franky.

It doesn't really matter how pleasant you are to talk to if your mannerisms are condescending by nature.

If you want to continue to make mods for the project, be my guest. If you want to run the console version of the game and claim it's the only "enjoyable" way to play, once again be my guest. But being pushy or veiled insults mixed with coverup compliments wouldn't go well with too many people. The only difference between me and them is that you have the luxury of hearing what I actually think. They would just smile in your face , to disarm you or feed your ego then do what they want to anyway.

Something I'm about to do starting right now with everyone, because I'm starting to notice an uptick in people who demand my time and energy by...arguing with me? Which seems counterproductive.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.

Last edited:

killtheraven

Sep 17, 2019
Just popping my head in to say that I'm really enjoying this so far (in fact it's the first project I've backed on patreon), but your recommendation means I've been trapped in Path of Wuxia all day instead :D

Also I would like to request an utterly pointless argument please.

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
girdeyordo

Uploading a save makes testing easier.

I assume you're at

MSTASK5 = "Train 3-Way Sparring several times to progress the story."# doing this several times should allow you to proceed to the next event.

Lets see what the code says...
Should advance after Mai is level 3 and you talk with her. Yenay might need to be at level 6 however it's much easier to trace if you upload a save then I can check the variables faster with the console.

Edit: snu snu time with mai?
I looked into this a little bit and seems she also has a "Sex" button however there doesn't seem to be anyway to legitimately activate it in 0.8. You can console it in but it's just 1 repeat scene with the rest promoting patreon.
$ switchFlag("Mai Sex",True)

Yenay has that button too but her section isn't even coded in.
$ switchFlag("Yen Sex",True)

Last edited:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Just popping my head in to say that I'm really enjoying this so far (in fact it's the first project I've backed on patreon), but your recommendation means I've been trapped in Path of Wuxia all day instead :D

Also I would like to request an utterly pointless argument please.
I'm glad you like it Path of Wuxia really is good. I can't wait until the project is finished and completely translated.

Also, I'm fresh out of pointless arguments -- I don't do that anymore. :HideThePain:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
By the way, if anyone decides to do some modding that would help advance the project, please drop it here in this thread. I'll try to keep an eye on it moving forward. I can't really promise anything in return unless the project grows a bit more, but when and if that happens we can discuss.

As an example of what I consider constructive modding -- language translations for example. That would actually help me alot. But now other things are welcome as well.

Edit:
After speaking with another dev, I have been convinced of the merits of embracing the modding community.
As such, I'll accept and promote mods for the game in a official capacity.

More on this once I get around to it.

Last edited:

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
Figured this was asked elsewhere but will also put up the save locations here for convenience.

Yes saves can be moved from Android to PC if you know where they are on one device and where to put them on the other.

PC Local
Game Folder\game\saves

PC Roaming
%AppData%\RenPy\HeavenlyPeaksCultivation-1607924583

Android (This folder might be hidden do to increased security on newer models, if so try a better file explorer or connecting it to PC)
Android/data/hpc.eight.two/files/saves

Generally for any Ren'Py game it's
Android/data/[App Name]/files/saves
where App Name is the name of the application.

Extra Tips
It's usually good to back up Android Saves before uninstalling

If you wanted to try mods on Android generally put them in
Android/data/hpc.eight.two/files/game

While not always necessary Android has problems compiling large rpy scripts so using the precompiled rpyc files is better.

If you wanted to see the files in an apk archive just change the extension to .zip
However a prefix of "x-" is added to the files.

Dev Tips
Compiling Android APK with custom icon and presplash

PC presplash with loading bar

Jan 24, 2021
As an example of what I consider constructive modding -- language translations for example. That would actually help me alot. But now other things are welcome as well.
If the game is good enough someone will likely try to translate it. Not having things in archive.rpa would help as Ren'Py has a built in or you could try and any assets with words should have a clean, wordless, counterpart as they would need translated too.

Assets like the title screen, menu buttons, tutorials, etc.

Not everyone has artistic skills but I guess anyone who wants to take a crack at it can try Modding Ren'py 101

In the event some strings are not picked up by the Ren'Py translation tool then you need to add a "_()" to those strings so the system knows it needs to translate them too.

Jan 15, 2021
The more pushy you are, the less interested I am, regardless of how things are phrased. The evidence in this is how you keep beating the drum, you've mentioned this more than once. I generally say exactly what I mean in the simplest way the very first time.

I 've been aware of these problems since nearly 2-3 versions ago. I also had more pressing things to sort out, as I said from the outset. It doesn't matter if you perceive these things as being quick to resolve or not persay. I told you why I did what I did, at that point anything else is irrelevant. Furthermore, it is my choice to accept your help or not, and if it's not my choice then that's a completely different problem now isn't it?

It's not just the matter of fixing them, I have specific plans for many areas of my game. It may not even look or function the same by next update. But I shouldn't even have to tell you that to get you to drop the subject, because you aren't involved in my project on that level. In fact, why should I have to say that? It's...weird, franky.

It doesn't really matter how pleasant you are to talk to if your mannerisms are condescending by nature.

If you want to continue to make mods for the project, be my guest. If you want to run the console version of the game and claim it's the only "enjoyable" way to play, once again be my guest. But being pushy or veiled insults mixed with coverup compliments wouldn't go well with too many people. The only difference between me and them is that you have the luxury of hearing what I actually think. They would just smile in your face , to disarm you or feed your ego then do what they want to anyway.

Something I'm about to do starting right now with everyone, because I'm starting to notice an uptick in people who demand my time and energy by...arguing with me? Which seems counterproductive.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind.
What is it with devs getting a tiny bit of popularity and they suddenly start using massive walls of texts to justify themselves?

lyk5t

Sep 25, 2021
hello, I think there has been a mistake, I have v6.1 version and now it has 3 gb excess size, but when I download 0.8, there is a very serious size, on top of it, different 6.1 developers are specified as lightfoot games.

I am sorry, my English is not good

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes