Ren'Py Heavenly Peaks Cultivation [v2.0] [My Big Little Brother]

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
What is it with devs getting a tiny bit of popularity and they suddenly start using massive walls of texts to justify themselves?
I'm not concerned with popularity.
Also, I don't really understand the notion that 4-5 paragraphs could be considered "massive walls of text" -- have you ever read a book?
In response to someone else's questions no less.

Regardless, you are right about one thing -- I should never have explained myself from the beginning. (y) Comments like this show why it's kind of pointless.

Last edited:

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
hello, I think there has been a mistake, I have v6.1 version and now it has 3 gb excess size, but when I download 0.8, there is a very serious size, on top of it, different 6.1 developers are specified as lightfoot games.

I am sorry, my English is not good
Check out this link (latest public, 0.8) ( )

The size is different, because I ran the images through a compression tool.

The version you can find here is the latest.

Jan 15, 2021
I'm not concerned with popularity.
Also, I don't really understand the notion that 4-5 paragraphs could be considered "massive walls of text" -- have you ever read a book?
In response to someone else's questions no less.

Regardless, you are right about one thing -- I should never have explained myself from the beginning. (y) Comments like this show why it's kind of pointless.
Yes, why did you bother answering me again?

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
If the game is good enough someone will likely try to translate it. Not having things in archive.rpa would help as Ren'Py has a built in or you could try and any assets with words should have a clean, wordless, counterpart as they would need translated too.

In the event some strings are not picked up by the Ren'Py translation tool then you need to add a "_()" to those strings so the system knows it needs to translate them too.
I'm aware of the default translation options but the problem isn't necessarily using them, it's that I prioritize my tasks based on what I deem most important. I'll eventually get around to translating the project most likely, it would just be helpful if I didn't have to. :p

The main reason I made that post is to save people headaches. The current mods (that I know of) will most likely be obsolete by next version, and on top of that some players have been reporting problems that glitch their saves / games entirely.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Had I been asked about these two mods prior to them being made, I would have just mentioned the potential problems in order to save some time, or suggested that the time would be better spent elsewhere. Which is relevant to my comment about translations. -- those would essentially be around forever.

Also --
I don't have a problem with modding in general. My game just happens to be more complex behind the scenes. My main issue is that, if a mod is released that glitches the game or save file -- players then turn to me, asking me to fix it.
Since people will be modding the game anyway, I will also endeavor to make my game easier to mod in the future (at least in some ways). While this also increases my workload, it will help the mods that have already been written (with the exception of inventory maybe) stay relevant.

If you have some insight on how I can structure my project in a way that will make it easier to safely mod, that would be helpful knowledge too.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: girdeyordo

lyk5t

Sep 25, 2021
Bu bağlantıya göz atın (en son herkese açık, 0.8) ( )

Boyutu farklı, çünkü görüntüleri bir sıkıştırma aracından geçirdim.

Burada bulabileceğiniz sürüm en son sürümdür.
[/TEKLİF]

Anlıyorum, sahip olduğum sürüm hakkında küçük bir video çektim, elimdeki oyunun geliştiricisi her nedense ismi değiştirdi mi?
ve bu oyun tam olarak 3.60 gb

lyk5t

Sep 25, 2021
Check out this link (latest public, 0.8) ( )

The size is different, because I ran the images through a compression tool.

The version you can find here is the latest.
I understand, I took a small video about the version I have, did the developer of the game in my hand change the name for some reason?
and this game is exactly 3.60 gb

• Thinking Face

girdeyordo

Oct 6, 2020
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Sadly the Name Mod will likely be more stable than a translation :cool:

Since Ren'Py uses hashes to identify lines a small typo generally throws off the translated line however that mod searches a string and replaces the character name. And as ninjahotsprings mentioned a lot more thought goes into making translations then what some might think. Some even like credit for their work which would need an About section, not sure why you removed it as the link to the Ren'Py license is a requirement and not only does it tell what version of Ren'Py is used, what version of the game is used, and other info should be filled in as needed.

The Inventory Mod will likely still be relevant until Xmas 15djd7e1npuggj.png
Next version of the game sounds neat but with the staggered releases it will likely still be useful until next year unless you planned to change that to latest for patrons and version prior for public. You would definitely have more eyes on the game that way as it would have more time in Latest Updates.

As for potential bugs well a bit of coding knowledge is helpful seeing as the rpy files are just text files though you could also ask to see a save file to help troubleshoot :WeSmart: It's better then flailing wildly that mods are bad, m'kay.

I understand, I took a small video about the version I have, did the developer of the game in my hand change the name for some reason?
You have version 0.6.1

When the dev updated to 0.8 they compressed things to make the game smaller. The size of that is 1.70 GB
Probably used one of the tools to convert png over to webp
YAC - Yet Another Cruncher

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Really?
I just tried download and it was 1.7 gb, although I did click an alt link (I didn't check them all).
Those links were updated though, so even if you download a version of that release you *should* have the latest version.
I may have just neglected to update some links with the smaller file size, but that's all I think.

0.8 is the one you want, not 0.8.1 which was actually 0.6 (long story).

Deleted member 107261

The Real Hentai Agent
Game Developer
Jul 11, 2017
Sadly the Name Mod will likely be more stable than a translation :cool:

Since Ren'Py uses hashes to identify lines a small typo generally throws off the translated line however that mod searches a string and replaces the character name. And as ninjahotsprings mentioned a lot more thought goes into making translations then what some might think. Some even like credit for their work which would need an About section, not sure why you removed it as the link to the Ren'Py license is a requirement and not only does it tell what version of Ren'Py is used, what version of the game is used, and other info should be filled in as needed.

The Inventory Mod will likely still be relevant until Xmas View attachment 1514149
Next version of the game sounds neat but with the staggered releases it will likely still be useful until next year unless you planned to change that to latest for patrons and version prior for public. You would definitely have more eyes on the game that way as it would have more time in Latest Updates.

As for potential bugs well a bit of coding knowledge is helpful seeing as the rpy files are just text files though you could also ask to see a save file to help troubleshoot :WeSmart: It's better then flailing wildly that mods are bad, m'kay.

You have version 0.6.1

When the dev updated to 0.8 they compressed things to make the game smaller. The size of that is 1.70 GB
Probably used one of the tools to convert png over to webp
YAC - Yet Another Cruncher
Usefulness is a moot point if players can't enjoy the game.
Your mods seem to be making player save files unplayable.

Secondly, I'm aware of what regex does. You also have to write your project in a specific way to make use of it. As I said, using regex the way you *may have done* is likely causing the issues players are having with their game files (aka not being able to progress the story at key points).

Even the process of unlocking all trainings, for example, throw player's save files in disarray.

Just throwing something together without testing it isn't generally a good idea when it comes to game development, I guess it flies in whatever you do for a living though.:WeSmart::WaitWhat:

• Haha

lyk5t

Sep 25, 2021
Really?
I just tried download and it was 1.7 gb, although I did click an alt link (I didn't check them all).
Those links were updated though, so even if you download a version of that release you *should* have the latest version.
I may have just neglected to update some links with the smaller file size, but that's all I think.

0.8 is the one you want, not 0.8.1 which was actually 0.6 (long story).
I can send you a picture if you want.
note : 3.38 gb size :D
I didn't download it from any other site, I downloaded it from itch.io anyway, thank you for your answers, I thought I had downloaded the old version when I saw so much difference in size, I downloaded the right version :D sorry for my bad English

Jan 24, 2021
I'm aware of the default translation options but the problem isn't necessarily using them, it's that I prioritize my tasks based on what I deem most important. I'll eventually get around to translating the project most likely, it would just be helpful if I didn't have to. :p
So what languages do you think you'll support?

Cuckadoodle

Jun 14, 2017
Sooooo after breaking through emerald spark and getting the "Speak to Mai" task, I can't seem to progress the story because speaking to Mai just increases her affection :/

seden

Aug 22, 2016
Wow, cultivation based game are rare as it is, it's ok as to novels and ever more as to online one, but games ?
Guess they are some but given the scope it ties to.

seden

Aug 22, 2016
As to the names, I wonder how many of us (Players) are able to get the original meaning of the names.
So far I've understood the way names are used it quite local based as to each Asian country.
So, it is among the developer range to go this track, if worth then ?

Rex01

Dec 7, 2021
As to the names, I wonder how many of us (Players) are able to get the original meaning of the names.
So far I've understood the way names are used it quite local based as to each Asian country.
So, it is among the developer range to go this track, if worth then ?
although i have yet to play the game, i doubt you would remember a adult game character name after finishing it

3.00 star(s) 5 Votes