Qwertzyc

Jul 5, 2017
I think it's because if they finish ToT they will lose patreons/backers and they rather make small side games to gain new patreons and keep more from from leaving. I like Patreon as an idea, it's just sad how it can be abused too. Kind of like a double-edged sword. But it's better than no sword :)
They've delayed new floors on ToT for years now and yet their patreon only grows bigger (beats me *shrugh*), so I doubt that's the issue here. Also finishing ToT could (in a perfect universe without delays) take a very long time, since the story we know so far is quite little and the potential it has is a lot. Imagine 20 floors all with their sub quests... yeah, they could work a lot on ToT and keep it growing for years and years. My guess is that they lost interest on it as a project as it's not bringing anything new to them.
On the Heelfall subject, if you like these RPG games, this one is very nice. Got a few bugs here and there (one that was game breaking, was the Inn fight, if you lose your battles and are left with only one character, the lady there keeps you charmed forever, unable to act, unable to die, just an endless loop of heart attack, skip turn, skip turn, heart attack, skip turn skip turn, etc, have to alt+f4 the thing to end it). And could use some work on the side missions (being able to repeat a mission where you recruit one guy that is already on your party and overleveled for that mission yet you can't use him, feels a bit odd), but these are minor details of course. This is a side project so for a side project, it's great.

Reactions: MelvintheGelvin5

John Bon Clay

Jul 14, 2020
They've delayed new floors on ToT for years now and yet their patreon only grows bigger (beats me *shrugh*), so I doubt that's the issue here. Also finishing ToT could (in a perfect universe without delays) take a very long time, since the story we know so far is quite little and the potential it has is a lot. Imagine 20 floors all with their sub quests... yeah, they could work a lot on ToT and keep it growing for years and years. My guess is that they lost interest on it as a project as it's not bringing anything new to them.
On the Heelfall subject, if you like these RPG games, this one is very nice. Got a few bugs here and there (one that was game breaking, was the Inn fight, if you lose your battles and are left with only one character, the lady there keeps you charmed forever, unable to act, unable to die, just an endless loop of heart attack, skip turn, skip turn, heart attack, skip turn skip turn, etc, have to alt+f4 the thing to end it). And could use some work on the side missions (being able to repeat a mission where you recruit one guy that is already on your party and overleveled for that mission yet you can't use him, feels a bit odd), but these are minor details of course. This is a side project so for a side project, it's great.
Well, it was just how I was thinking. I'm fine with them growing bigger but not sure if that will speed up floor 7. I doubt they lost interest in ToT as they are still making exactly similar games.
I am no patreon though, I'm just happy with any release I get. I don't buy early access games either. I think early access can be a good idea too, but overall should only be used as a last resort to complete a game.

Also I think there is a F-button, F4 or F5 that auto forces you back to main screen. Faster and better than alt+F4. Disabled in some games or different key. :)
Edit: F12 in this game

Last edited:

Bloodly

Feb 27, 2019
The game engine is 'SRPG Maker'. The principle is simple: do your own Fire Emblem. Or more, even.

Reactions: darkashy

Monosomething

May 24, 2019
Is this game about to be patched? I mean... the very first side quest is borderline incompletable. Youre supposed to protect a few guys from an ambush. Thankfully, youve destroyed the girls arrow supplies in the tutorial, so they kinda stand there and do nothing... except for their CO. She hits hard from range, but its managable if you can prevent her from getting too close to use her bow... but then, as shes an archer, you try to bum-rush her. What happens in a straight forward fight like that? Welp... you get hit for 200HP in melee range. A place where archers are supposed to be harmless. There is NO chance to take her down without sacrificing your entire team to land a blow on her one by one.

Ive completed this sub quest. Sacrificed 3 of my guys but the 3 guys that i was supposed to save are safe.

I like the battle system - its very "unRPGMlike", but some of the bullshit mixed into this (special attacks) is ridiculous. Also, its 2021 and this isnt animated...

3.70 star(s) 13 Votes