Ren'Py Heir of Lust [v0.25] [Indeciso Games]

Indeciso

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2022
One thing. Well, it's actually 2.... But.... TWO copyrighted songs,(At LEAST! I'm not even 5 minutes in yet) and from atlus games of all things? You're brave my guy. You're breaking tons of patreon rules doing this. If I were you, I wouldn't use songs from the persona series of all things when making these games. they're really popular, and obviously well known. the first one I was a little skeptical at first since it's been forever since I played persona 4, but the second one was dead to rights literally yoinked and too familiar to not recognize since it plays every time something remotely important happens. But yeah... you... might wanna look into free assets like other devs. Cuz you could be sued for this. making money off of copyright included materials is grounds for a lawsuit.
Noted!

Reactions: CoffeeSaint

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
Sorryyyyy :FacePalm:
it's just me ranting because it feel wrong, clearly nothing wrong enough to apologise about ^^, it's just because you say in your note that you want to earn money from the game and i'm old school about lot of things and for me, earning something from your work is what a profesional do so you should act and speack like one ^^

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
my point was that the standard to you is not the standard to everyone, making it not really a standard, but a preference. i clearly stated that it was random shit i got off the net, therefore proving there are many ways of doing it, i.e. not a standard. no bias, just something i got off the net to prove a point, and clearly labelled as such. no trolling, just showing that it is not wrong, just not how you would do it. and no one trying to feel superior and minor rants? one of the guys i replied to said anyone who does anything else has a tiny mind, or are ignorant, or are trying to be edgy because they dont agree with his position. way to misrepresent your own argument to try to make yourself seem less wrong (making your opinion the biased one).

im done with this argument, pretty sure i proved my point and proved you guys are just trying to force your preferred method onto others, i just find it hilarious that everytime a game comes out with a version number that isnt exactly what you people think it should be there is a crowd of idiots that swarm in to have it changed. no one gives a shit, i dont give a shit, the developer doesnt give a shit, the other guy doesnt give a shit, and the vast majority of people who play the games wont give a shit, so everyone needs to stop with this version numbering needs to be exactly as we say bullshit and just play the game. it doesnt help anything, if you want to know if version 2.0 is newer than version 1.0, just check the changelog. or use common sense. if you want to know if a game is completed, check the completed tag, or just play the damn thing and find out.
sorry i have no interest in reading you and bantering back and forth, so i just read your post in diagonal, standard is defined by the profesional not a popular view and the standard for numbering version of program and game as defined by profesional is that v1.0 is a completed project ... i'm not looking past that and not argumenting on it

your argument on the rule not being followed by everyone is funny, it's not a crime to not follow this rule, it's just a pain for colaborator on a project and player with basic programing knowledge that evaluate the content they can hope for from the version number

OO you done with the argument ? you insult people gratuitly, throw a couple empty argument that you prove with biased exemple worded vaguely enough to more or less suit your reasoning, then when people answer you, you keep insulting them, repeat the same empty argument, jusitify them by saying you already justified them so you're right and go away ><

i have no problem with that ^^, after all those thread are made for conversation, not debate so everyone can keep their point of view after chating a bit ^^ but seriously having some childish banter and leaving it victoriously after throwing some veni vidi vicci is a bit too much on the cringe level i'd say, even more so when you can barely be bothered to be polite with people T_T

fgh24

Feb 8, 2019
only 1 hand scene kind of want more at least a couple of vaginal scenes kind of bad to download a game to get 1 scene pretty much

Joeburqa

Aug 4, 2019
sorry i have no interest in reading you and bantering back and forth, so i just read your post in diagonal, standard is defined by the profesional not a popular view and the standard for numbering version of program and game as defined by profesional is that v1.0 is a completed project ... i'm not looking past that and not argumenting on it

your argument on the rule not being followed by everyone is funny, it's not a crime to not follow this rule, it's just a pain for colaborator on a project and player with basic programing knowledge that evaluate the content they can hope for from the version number

OO you done with the argument ? you insult people gratuitly, throw a couple empty argument that you prove with biased exemple worded vaguely enough to more or less suit your reasoning, then when people answer you, you keep insulting them, repeat the same empty argument, jusitify them by saying you already justified them so you're right and go away ><

i have no problem with that ^^, after all those thread are made for conversation, not debate so everyone can keep their point of view after chating a bit ^^ but seriously having some childish banter and leaving it victoriously after throwing some veni vidi vicci is a bit too much on the cringe level i'd say, even more so when you can barely be bothered to be polite with people T_T
no empty argument. literal evidence backing up my side, all you have is your assertion that your opinion (because that is all it is) is correct. welcome to the ignore list, bud.

ben akeba

May 9, 2018
no empty argument. literal evidence backing up my side, all you have is your assertion that your opinion (because that is all it is) is correct. welcome to the ignore list, bud.
i don't remember becoming "bud" with you, you saying you're right and rewording quote from internet that you don't even name isn't what people call literal evidence, and my assertion is a basic knowledge of programation like everyone know water boil at 100° ^^ insulting people then turning your head to ignore the people you insult show what kind of person you are, enjoy your little world with only your truth

• Haha
Reactions: Joeburqa
May 29, 2022
This thread was.. beautiful. But needless to say - don't argue over the version number, that's off-topic (I had one of my posts deleted for not being related to a certain game, sadly) and using copyrighted music in a game like this is like playing with fire. It appears assets were stolen and the watermarks are still there - which is.. um, don't try to make that move.

If you really want to use an asset that you really like but it's paid and there's no pirated version available, just open your wallet, man. If you want to use copyrighted music in games, you can always pay royalties. Try using all the free assets available on the internet! Or, MAKE YOUR OWN!

I know, being a dev is hard but if you want to dress to impress, you can't wear knock-off Gucci sold for $10. But then you can't wear Balenciaga shit. If you're looking for good-looking stuff, try Louis Vuitton ;) While it's expensive, it certainly looks nice.

I get it, being a dev can be really expensive so that's why you use the free assets on the internet. Remix them, edit them to your desire if the license agreement accepts it. But you know what's also free? MAKING YOUR OWN ASSETS!

Sure, it takes a lot of time to get good at graphic design, drawing, music, sound effects, but it's certainly worth it. If you're being a dev then you can't be lazy unless you're only looking for 100 downloads and that's it.

Sorry for the rant, but I hope you follow the advice.

Indeciso

Game Developer
Aug 13, 2022
If you really want to use an asset that you really like but it's paid and there's no pirated version available, just open your wallet, man. If you want to use copyrighted music in games, you can always pay royalties. Try using all the free assets available on the internet! Or, MAKE YOUR OWN!
Yup, I already changed everything! :) Removed all copyrighted music and some arts, and I have an artist working with me (She will take a while to deliver the drawings, however.) so it's all good I guess.
Thank you for the advice!

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Needs a hint system/quest log. The player is dumped into the sandbox with no idea what to do. Talking to characters seems to be useless. If it's a dating sim, interactions need to be more meaningful.

Also, having to go to each location to find someone to talk with isn't fun, it's grindy.

I understand the desire to make the game free roam, but if there's nothing to do it's boring.

The scene with the Principal needs a femdom tag.

Reactions: hentai charley

Look-see

Engaged Member
Aug 19, 2018
oof sucks when theres forced sex scenes. so the intro was tough for me. hope we have more options in the future who we can avoid and pursue.

also a hint system would be nice.

Reactions: hentai charley

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I plan to having a Netori in the game!
Just to inform, That isn't NTR. NTR is ONLY Netorare (Netorase is technically included because it is a subgenre, i.e. it is netorare but the MC is into it).

Netori like Reverse-NTR is off being it's own thing. As far as tagging on F95 goes, you add the cheating tag and then add Netori under genre.

So yeah. given the sound of the kind of game you are making, i would suggest just commiting to the "NO NTR!" since you mostly going to do sole male content. (and most of the crowd that brings will absolutely hate NTR)
Especially if you are doing harem. (cause well... people don't play harem games for the LIs to bone others.. cause well then it isn't harem, that is NTR/sharing/swinging :BootyTime: )

That being said, your game, is well you game.
Do as you please, just make it abundantly clear whether or not you will be adding such content... like right now, after you read this, have a think about it, then add whether or not it will or will not happen under dev notes.

That way people who want to steer clear of it entirely (optional or not) can leave now, and you don't have them getting angry at you later if you do decide to add it.

(I would do the same with such genres as sharing/swinging/MMF type content, but that is less important).

mrttao

Forum Fanatic
Jun 11, 2021
extremely short demo.
looks interesting but i am gonna need to see more before i really form an opinion

kedamono

May 17, 2017
Anyone know what would cause the first few images to not show? I only see the text for the whole intro.

BlasKyau

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 26, 2018
Indeciso, I have seen in the genres that there is femdom. Can it be avoided?

Last edited: