4.00 star(s) 4 Votes

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
actually the tip shows up but its a little confusing and vague, as i thought it was referring a location in the demon dungeon

DreamingAway

Aug 24, 2022
in the new version just uploaded I included all the old art work (also some images that I didn't use in the game), it's all in the secret room.
Unfortunately I had to change artist because He's got a big job with a store and he couldn't work with me anymore.
It wasn't a problem with money or issues on this job.
I searched for a new artist to commission on deviantart as soon as possible.
I was searching for something "clean" and simple but with a good hand cause I want a good level of art work for the game
(Maybe I spend a lot but I definitely get good quality)

Here's the link to her .
I really like the new style (as I liked the old) both are a good level of drawing with a clean line.
I think the old artist was better on the face/color (eg. Eyes) and the new one is more accurate with the posture and proportions.
And you? What do you think about the old/new styles?
Thanks for the detailed response - I found it really interesting to read.

And you? What do you think about the old/new styles?
I think from a quality perspective both styles are good.

Personally I do prefer the "old style" because it had a more unique aesthetic to me. I had never seen an art style like that with the exaggerated facial expression and shading style that was used. It really stuck out as something unique and was what drew me to the game in the first place.

The new style sorta just comes off as "anime" to me - which is not bad but feels far more generic.

Just my opinion.

FMGames69

Game Developer
Dec 29, 2021
Thanks for the detailed response - I found it really interesting to read.

I think from a quality perspective both styles are good.

Personally I do prefer the "old style" because it had a more unique aesthetic to me. I had never seen an art style like that with the exaggerated facial expression and shading style that was used. It really stuck out as something unique and was what drew me to the game in the first place.

The new style sorta just comes off as "anime" to me - which is not bad but feels far more generic.

Just my opinion.
Yeah, I agree on the facial expression. But they (the two artist) worked in different situation:
  • the old artist started with a complete free canvas and we worked together on the style, costumes and scenes, he had more time to work on it. He created a lot of samples at the beginning (I had still tons of files/drawings with notes in a folder with the early stages of the characterso_O)
  • for the new artist: I asked her to stick as better as she can with the old images I have. She had limited time and worked only with the old images reference. So.. in part it's maybe my fault for the generic/anime style, she had few information on the characters at first. I think that on February, when we'll work on Mei's part, she'll be more free to express herself. I commissioned her because I saw her art on deviant and I really liked it. If you have time or if you're interested in art you can take a look, she has also a twitter account that is more used (Pamcat)
Thank you for your comment and your time

4.00 star(s) 4 Votes