dusty stu

Jan 24, 2018
Someone, maybe even me, needs to make a mod that replaces all the shitty censored images with uncensored ones. Because, god damn.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
This is how you add mods to an existing game. This only works for .ve.xml mods, .xml files always require a new game:

Load your Save, press "Debug" -> "Reload Events" -> "Add Changed Events" -> "Refresh Files". Save Game. Done.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I strongly advise against this method unless you know exactly what is in the mod. If the file contains a bit position or bool of any kind that is linked to a quest chain, that chain will be corrupted. And you'd be surprised what sort of seemingly simple mechanics contain these elements. Aside from complex ones like Underwood2 and AnnetteBlackmail-or-whatever-its called which will corrupt those chains if you force-load them in the Debug mode (consider yourself warned), even the PA System mod is bool-linked. In the original version of the PA mod, if you loaded it into a current game, the entire PA system would break because the bool would reset and the game would think you never bought the PA System upgrade, however it still shows as bought in Expansion management section so you have to hack up the game to fix it otherwise you would have no PA system at all. The version I uploaded is pre-hacked so the PA system is already installed before you even buy it (you can see this by starting a new game and seeing the PA icon already in place) to work around this issue, but it's the only mod in that pile that has a workaround setup already.

Anyway, point being, use a new a game if you want a zero-risk experience. I don't come around these parts often so I can't really offer a lot of tech support. the last week was my post-holiday vacation, but back to work now.

jpsimon

Overachiever
Donor
Apr 3, 2017
Someone, maybe even me, needs to make a mod that replaces all the shitty censored images with uncensored ones. Because, god damn.
Well, you gotta understand, they can only work with images with minimal legal risk. They can't just rip the assets from DaCapo III and build their own game with them - even if it's non-profit, for example. Some games take more risks than others, like Haramese Simulator. They use a lot of modern CG and sprites, and lots of it from the same game so they can make character chains. HHS plays it pretty safe.

Reactions: a1fox3

Regardie

Jul 27, 2017
Well, you gotta understand, they can only work with images with minimal legal risk. They can't just rip the assets from DaCapo III and build their own game with them - even if it's non-profit, for example. Some games take more risks than others, like Haramese Simulator. They use a lot of modern CG and sprites, and lots of it from the same game so they can make character chains. HHS plays it pretty safe.
I'm going to tell both of you that the best place to discuss this game is on the official game website

@dusty stu, there you will find a thread about images and work being done by a few artists to uncensor them, as well as discussions about including other images in the game. There is a hypertext markup system that tags the images now to make it easier for event writers to include more images and more targeted images.

@jpsimon, I can see that you have spent a lot of time under the hood of the game trying to mold it a bit to your vision and you seem to have developed an understanding of the VEE and are willing to edit events to your liking. You will find a whole section of mods to the game that push it in different directions a bit but many of the events get started and abandoned and could use some updating. I'm sure the programmers over there could use some help as this is strictly a labor of love, no patreon income to cloud their judgement.

I know that sometimes it takes a while for the forum there to approve new members but it is worth it as the most recent version and update links can only be seen by registered members.

And @jpsimon, if you know anything about Flash programming and can decompile Flash executables, I have a task for you dealing with the current paperdolls and how the much delayed and nebulous paperdoll update might be accomplished before @Shilo can get around to working on it in the engine.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
yes iknow but what file do i put it in when i finished downloading it
Instruction is or should be in the download or the thread the mod is in.
Each mod is different and needs to go in different folders and the mod maker should have put instructions where there mod goes.

Reactions: M3LT

docamakus

Oct 9, 2017
Can anyone tell me where the city council meets? I missed the dialog for it.

EDIT: NM I found it. You just need to be Downtown around 17:00

LRKXXV

Apr 26, 2017
@jpsimon

For the players (like me) who know how to put in hard copies of mods this will not work for us.

Please can you make hard copies of these and either zip or rar them up and upload them Please.:giggle:

Thanks for all these great mods for all of us save-scumers out there.

Here I made hard copies of all of them but I could not figure out the 2 lose ones, the rest I put in folder named for where they go.

Btn_PA_OrderToOffice.ve
Btn_Wardrobe.ve
Could not figure out where these 2 go.
Your zip does not have the actual folder structure so here are the mods in one zipped file with the correct folder structure (including the two you couldn't figure out where to put). Unzip to main game folder and overwrite. I recommend starting a new game to use these.

Disclaimer: These were not made by me and I have not tried these. As with any mod, use at your own risk.

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Your zip does not have the actual folder structure so here are the mods in one zipped file with the correct folder structure (including the two you couldn't figure out where to put). Unzip to main game folder and overwrite. I recommend starting a new game to use these.

Disclaimer: These were not made by me and I have not tried these. As with any mod, use at your own risk.
I did it that way in hopes players would make backup copies just in case they do not work.

lMaDBoBl

May 8, 2017
is there a console command to add/set research materials? and also is thee a way to initiate the mad science event every random time twice so fair i failed it

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
is there a console command to add/set research materials? and also is thee a way to initiate the mad science event every random time twice so fair i failed it
Not that I know of maybe someone else will know if it can be done.

Nonya Bizz

May 12, 2018
Often what I do with the mad scientist event is save scum. With the 3 auto-saves going and saving every few days, there should be a relatively recent save you can go back to. The event will always trigger when it did before reloading (i.e. if you go in at 7 and it doesn't proc, then go in at 12 and it does, then reload before the first time, it'll trigger at 12) so you can save right outside the lab and just reload if you fail/get the wrong event (honestly, save scumming ftw)

a1fox3

Loving Family Member's
Donor
Respected User
Aug 8, 2017
Did someone find a way to add the other sibling via debug ?
No not that I know of, maybe someone did a mod for it but I did not see one.

You could go to the HHS site and ask for a mod to be made.

Reactions: niennunb

Akallabeth

Jun 24, 2017
If you ask Claire Fuzushi to engage with the cosplay club, one of the options is to ask her to do it as a personel favour. She wants you to go on a date with a friend. But there is no details or directions. Is this an unfinished section or is there something I'm missing?

3.60 star(s) 58 Votes