kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
Heya, I was wondering if there is any way to get my saves back from the Github version of Hentai University, it's been a while and I completed the main school story but the game's moved to Neocities so I can't find my saves. Is there any way to get them back with cookies or something similar?

NoodleJacuzzi

Game Developer
May 20, 2019
Heya, I was wondering if there is any way to get my saves back from the Github version of Hentai University, it's been a while and I completed the main school story but the game's moved to Neocities so I can't find my saves. Is there any way to get them back with cookies or something similar?
I don't think so. I do know the game uses local storage as a saving mechanism (local storage as in the JS terminology: ), but I don't know of any way you can save the data, sorry.

Reactions: kalookalee

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
It's possible, but it's pretty involved. You'd need to go to the old domain, use the localStorage API in the browser console to copy the save data, then go to the new domain and paste it in using the same API. This kind of thing is why I always play HTML games locally, and keep local save files too.

kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
It's possible, but it's pretty involved. You'd need to go to the old domain, use the localStorage API in the browser console to copy the save data, then go to the new domain and paste it in using the same API. This kind of thing is why I always play HTML games locally, and keep local save files too.
Hi, would you be able to help me on that front? I haven't dabbled in HTML or JS that much, and not at all in saves. I've gotten the old domain, but I'm unsure where to start. The HTML code has nothing that I can see could be relevant, just a 404 page. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've done some research so I know how to use GetItem how to grab strings, but I'm still unsure as to what I should be looking for.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Hi, would you be able to help me on that front? I haven't dabbled in HTML or JS that much, and not at all in saves. I've gotten the old domain, but I'm unsure where to start. The HTML code has nothing that I can see could be relevant, just a 404 page. Thanks in advance.

Edit: I've done some research so I know how to use GetItem how to grab strings, but I'm still unsure as to what I should be looking for.
You need to open the browser console (will vary depending on your browser but probably F12). Type in localStorage and you should see the storage for the domain you're on. From that you should be able to copy your save data, and paste it in a text file to create save files on your computer.

kalookalee

Feb 21, 2020
You need to open the browser console (will vary depending on your browser but probably F12). Type in localStorage and you should see the storage for the domain you're on. From that you should be able to copy your save data, and paste it in a text file to create save files on your computer.
Thank you very much, that was a lot simpler that I expected. You learn something new everyday.

hhhhh75

Jan 12, 2023
i'm tryna extract the rar file but it keeps saying "An unexpected error is preventing the archive from being extracted.
Error 0x8096002A: No error description available"

regalian

Aug 10, 2019
Hey i was wondering is there anything special i need to do to run this on a home web server beacuse trying to run this game through a home web server on v20 of the game i get the error page that directs me to the how to run the game page that mentions nothing about a server install i understand if i have a niche use case seems like an amazing game have a wonderful day!

diskidgonwild

Nov 5, 2022
anybody know why some have the completed logo but some don't? It says completed when I want to talk to them but not completed in the phone?
1703929319180.png

4.30 star(s) 38 Votes