RPGM Henteria Chronicles Ch. 3 : The Peacekeepers [Update 13] [N_taii]

4.60 star(s) 31 Votes

iCrown24

Oct 14, 2017
And that's your prerogative. A place for every niche, N_Taii fills his and people support him for it. If you want something a little more CG heavy have you tried out Inatari? It's inspired by N_Taii's work and it uses CG with the occasional full animation, the sprite work in it is pretty bad but the focus is on the CGs so it's excusable. LIke HC1-3 corruption is a core focus.
I personally like the sprites used by Inatari, at the beginning I thought they were a bit strange, but after a while I got used to them and I liked them a little bit.

Samm777

Mar 12, 2022
Pixel art also has many advantages from a dev standpoint. It's cheaper, and thus allows for far more variety in graphics. The deadline are also far shorter, ~1 week for several custom animations while a CG could take 3 times that amount, and even worse if you want it semi-animated. If I were to transition from pixel art from CG, forget about semi-monthly deadlines. Also, forget about having several scenes with different positions per update. At most, you're getting one CG per scene with a few variations.

What's worse, you become extremely reliant on one artist and on their own circumstances, whether they're sick, busy, etc... or you go for another artist with another artstyle and forsake consitency, which is usually not very well received.

With pixel art, I've had artists disappearing for weeks, but since it's small and low-details, I can easily ask another artist and nobody would notice the difference. Same for busy periods, where I can just ask a few new artists to do some extras here and there. As a dev, this is a huge load off my back.

Of course, if you're your own artist, things are different, but all I can draw are vaguely human-looking stick figures.

I'm still an enthusiast of the idea of putting CG as a reward for the card game at some point, even if they were 1 for each girl, that would definitely encourage me to defeat anyone

_Grotest_

Aug 5, 2018
I'm still an enthusiast of the idea of putting CG as a reward for the card game at some point, even if they were 1 for each girl, that would definitely encourage me to defeat anyone
That's actually not a bad idea, going through those games for one scene about side character feels kinda weak when we have plenty of other side characters screwing around town already. So giving some juicy pics about main heroines can be more encouraging.

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
Without knowing the exact budget... I feel like the only limiting factor there is that four pieces of fully-drawn CG art would be exorbitantly expensive, to where you could probably get at least 5 or 6 entire sprite sheets for new animations with the same amount of money. But that's just an assumption on my part.

Samm777

Mar 12, 2022
Without knowing the exact budget... I feel like the only limiting factor there is that four pieces of fully-drawn CG art would be exorbitantly expensive, to where you could probably get at least 5 or 6 entire sprite sheets for new animations with the same amount of money. But that's just an assumption on my part.

I know, I mean, Rome wasn't built in a day, it's not like a request for the next update, but maybe we can get something off the drawing board, that would be cool

_Grotest_

Aug 5, 2018
Yeah, big part of fans here are for sprite sex and would prefer several sprite animations instead of measly four static CGs. I don't mind if N_taii doesn't want to implement it when we already past half of the game. The card game is not obligatory and most who skipped it can watch the scene from save. I just hope he considers this idea for the next game.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
One single piece of custom artwork would be incredibly expensive. Somewhere along the line artists decided to massively overprice their work and we just rolled with it. I've seen people charge $2-300 per piece and they make decent livings off of it. There are days I momentarily consider using my rudimentary art skills to see about drawing OCs for the Sonic the Hedgehog fan base, but I know I'd be traumatized inside a day and no richer for it. XD

quandin

Feb 9, 2021
One single piece of custom artwork would be incredibly expensive. Somewhere along the line artists decided to massively overprice their work and we just rolled with it. I've seen people charge $2-300 per piece and they make decent livings off of it. There are days I momentarily consider using my rudimentary art skills to see about drawing OCs for the Sonic the Hedgehog fan base, but I know I'd be traumatized inside a day and no richer for it. XD
While I know art takes practice and skill, the prices I've seen people try to sell their, for lack of better words, 'shit art' for, makes me really wonder who actually commissions them.

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
You really aren't wrong about that price range! I am constantly window-shopping for artists because I play FFXIV and dream of having some fancy art of my character at some point... but even the most affordable ones usually land somewhere north of $100 to just have an upper-half portrait with a simple background and easily clear $250+ if you want to have something more detailed and dynamic.

Just doing some napkin math here — I think that I even asked N_taii at one point how much it costs for him to commission a sprite sheet for a new sex animation back during Chapter 2, and that it was around $20 depending on how complex it was. I have to assume that the price has probably gone up with the new art style of Chapter 3, but even assuming that it costs double that now at $40 or even $50, four static CG scenes would probably cost at least $400-500 if there was an absolutely killer bargain. That is essentially eating the resources of at least 12 new animations that the game could have instead. And that isn't just "losing 12 scenes" either, because those animations could be used multiple times between different characters.

While I know art takes practice and skill, the prices I've seen people try to sell their, for lack of better words, 'shit art' for, makes me really wonder who actually commissions them.
Having a few friends who do art commissions for a living, the answer is usually furries. They have a pretty strong reputation of being able to spend obscene amounts of money on any artist who will tolerate their more eccentric kinks.

Oriandu

Engaged Member
Sep 1, 2017
I've got a friend who used to do commissions for furries, he was pulling in thousands of dollars a month but he only lasted a couple of months because some of the commission requests were genuinely horrifying. Pretty sure he's got PTSD.

On the other side of the coin I have another friend who makes high six figures because she's a fur suit designer. Makes designs and ships to them off for manufacture for a ton. I don't know where they get it from but furries are fucking loaded. More power to them, it's just not my cuppa.

Matoga

Nov 3, 2019
I don't know where they get it from but furries are fucking loaded.
something something about them being in tech, or atleast that's what I remember reading.
I always thought that it was just a common misconception that these people were loaded and that they're actually just average people with average jobs that are so invested in this one thing that they don't spend money on anything else. I also think "whales" in video games are exacly the same as well.

I have a friend who i've known since kindergarten that is...not a perfect example for this but it's as close as it gets. He's 24, single, doesn't have a driver's license, doesn't own a car (obviously), lives at home with his parents, doesn't buy clothes WHATSOEVER, doesn't go out with us on the weekends, he does basically nothing except for one thing...he's a gun nerd and he sinks ALL his money into Airsoft...and video games i guess. If you saw this guy's arsenal at home (and steam library), you would immediately think that he's a millionaire but no, he works at the hospital as...i don't know exacly what he does but the best description i could give you is that he's almost a nurse, in short he makes slightly above average money AT BEST, but the thing is that he doesn't have anything to spend that money on so he can freely visit any of these Airsoft websites and blow thousands of dollars in 1 day.

I remember last year he told me how he bought a SCAR or whatever and that he wanted to go for realism as much as possible, so instead of buying a magazine that can hold god knows how many ammunition, he bought "realistic" ones that can only hold 10 ammo at a time, and since he would run out of ammo constantly during these matches now that they're this low capacity, he decided to buy 4 magazines that he can just load before the match and then switch between them during the "fight", 1 magazine like this costs around a $120 and this guy bought 4, and that's just for one of his guns.

I'm not saying that furries are not loaded, i'm sure there are some out there who could buy a piece of the moon, but i think in general these guys make same as everybody else, and that the reason why they can afford all these things is because this is not just a hobby for them, it's a lifestyle, and all that money others spend on groceries, rent, car, entertainment etc., they spend that on furry suits collars and animal tail buttplugs.

DrLizardman

Apr 28, 2021
I know it's probably a dumb question to ask in a thread dedicated to the game but does this game have a satisfying ending? Like I am not a fan of NTR but the story so far is pretty interesting. I just want to know if I should keep playing as it's not really my typical genre.

Reactions: bucefala

Miss Y

Sep 12, 2016
I know it's probably a dumb question to ask in a thread dedicated to the game but does this game have a satisfying ending? Like I am not a fan of NTR but the story so far is pretty interesting. I just want to know if I should keep playing as it's not really my typical genre.
The game is not finished yet, so no one can answer this. All we know is that there will be three endings: Happy, NTR, and Revenge.

Reactions: bucefala
4.60 star(s) 31 Votes